• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Might go hard on copper. 

I like copper too but it's never had quite that affect on me.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

6 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Not to worry it will keep going up and down for a while I will hit the buy now button when sovereigns are at £349 🍻

People are buying sovereigns at £370 + 😂

7 hours ago, CANV said:

A gold sov is currently ‘worth’ 346 smackers . The premium on the physical is certainly getting a bit lively 

Yes, dealers do seem to have whacked up the premium by several percent, presumably taking advantage of the popularity of sovereigns after the late Queen's funeral. Gold britannias have also suffered from a hike in premium. I suppose that the new  purchasers of gold are not clued up about premiums and are buying sufficient to enable the dealers to make hay.

5 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Yes, dealers do seem to have whacked up the premium by several percent, presumably taking advantage of the popularity of sovereigns after the late Queen's funeral. Gold britannias have also suffered from a hike in premium. I suppose that the new  purchasers of gold are not clued up about premiums and are buying sufficient to enable the dealers to make hay.

I also noticed a few of the UK big boy dealers paying 101% of spot for sovereigns in the last month. So the demand must be there 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I also noticed a few of the UK big boy dealers paying 101% of spot for sovereigns in the last month. So the demand must be there 

Great news if you’re selling and bought a few years back… not so good right now if you bought recently and need to sell… Swings and Roundabouts I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re in for a longer haul, shouldn’t make too much difference I’d have thought? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Great news if you’re selling and bought a few years back… not so good right now if you bought recently and need to sell… Swings and Roundabouts I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re in for a longer haul, shouldn’t make too much difference I’d have thought? 🤔

I'll b buying this month, like I did last month and the months and months before 

3 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

I got an email from Chards to that effect..  

@LawrenceChards new ski's dont pay for themselves you know!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 hours ago, Apmex100 said:

People are buying sovereigns at £370 + 😂

I recently had an offer of £375 turned down! (it was dated 1913 though).

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

On 14/10/2022 at 08:29, Paul said:

I won’t be paying that for sovereigns I’d rather buy Brits or save the money 

18 minutes ago, Apmex100 said:

I won’t be paying that for sovereigns I’d rather buy Brits or save the money 

101% of spot! Are you mad? I’d buy every sovereign going at that. If you have 100 for sale, I’ll throw in the wife as a Brucie bonus 😀

1 minute ago, Skyfiller said:

101% of spot! Are you mad? I’d buy every sovereign going at that. If you have 100 for sale, I’ll throw in the wife as a Brucie bonus 😀

🤣 Saw that. Presumed it was a maths issue not wanting to pay that?