• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

44 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

The US price is really cheap now. 

I'd take a bullion airways flight to the USA and buy there, don't forget too fasten your seatbelt though 😀

I'd take a bullion airways flight to the USA and buy there, don't forget too fasten your seatbelt though 😀

3 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

Many flights you taking?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

How many connecting flights are you taking to get to USA !!! 😁

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

So is the gold price going down then because of the UK turnaround on printing & bond buying?? 
Or is this speculation? Just asking as i have a friend that wants to buy gold & I have said hold back. 

Maybe dollar price averaging in over the next six months would be sensible?

Confused why people think Gold is getting a drubbing..?! As I understand it, it’s about the only PM/investment that has risen over past 12 months? Over the past 12 months it’s gone up by over £170 an ounce…an ounce!! Crypto down, sticks and shares down etc etc. I’m only a simple person but £170 an ounce rise over 12 months seems pretty good to me, even if you do take I to account inflation etc. 

Just now, lst65 said:

Confused why people think Gold is getting a drubbing..?! As I understand it, it’s about the only PM/investment that has risen over past 12 months? Over the past 12 months it’s gone up by over £170 an ounce…an ounce!! Crypto down, sticks and shares down etc etc. I’m only a simple person but £170 an ounce rise over 12 months seems pretty good to me, even if you do take I to account inflation etc. 

Did I say sticks..?! 😂

5 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Did I say sticks..?! 😂

So, what you are saying is that I should stack sticks instead of silver?

Makes sense to be honest, considering the price of gas these days.

Abi Spring

8 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

So, what you are saying is that I should stack sticks instead of silver?

Makes sense to be honest, considering the price of gas these days.

All jokes aside I have quite literally been doing that for the first time ever this year. I spent half of the summer sawing up fallen branches and stacking up convenient sized sticks ready for burning on the fire this winter.

9 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

All jokes aside I have quite literally been doing that for the first time ever this year. I spent half of the summer sawing up fallen branches and stacking up convenient sized sticks ready for burning on the fire this winter.

My neighbour being doing exactly the same for his log fire. Even scavenging used pallets from companies in the summer and chopping them up ready to go. 

9 minutes ago, lst65 said:

My neighbour being doing exactly the same for his log fire. Even scavenging used pallets from companies in the summer and chopping them up ready to go. 

I've been eyeing up a pallet at work too. Seems a shame to chop up and burn a brand new pallet that's only been used once though.

...and erm, gold is £1,506.93 (see I can stay on topic sometimes 😀).

1 minute ago, EdwardTeach said:

I've been eyeing up a pallet at work too. Seems a shame to chop up and burn a brand new pallet that's only been used once though.

...and erm, gold is £1,506.93 (see I can stay on topic sometimes 😀).

Don't chop it up, just buy a bigger fire?? Work smarter, not harder.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

58 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

I was obviously having a laugh, but if I could I would.

I'm renting and I can't install a log burner, my plan is to buy anything I can afford within the next 12 to 18 months and the first item to cover will be to install an old school wood fired cooker, then I'd be happy to go out collecting wood, I've got a friend that has pallets to throw away, I don't mind paying to rent a Luton van or similar a day and do a couple of loads, then clean the stove a couple of times per year, a lot cheaper than using gas.