• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

27 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

I was obviously having a laugh, but if I could I would.

I'm renting and I can't install a log burner, my plan is to buy anything I can afford within the next 12 to 18 months and the first item to cover will be to install an old school wood fired cooker, then I'd be happy to go out collecting wood, I've got a friend that has pallets to throw away, I don't mind paying to rent a Luton van or similar a day and do a couple of loads, then clean the stove a couple of times per year, a lot cheaper than using gas.

You could have a nice little side hussle there. Saw it up and advertise it for sale. The price of fire wood has shot up this year.

Edited by EdwardTeach

On 28/09/2022 at 16:07, CANV said:

It’s the the US dollar has  exploded .  We look at it in sterling terms but the yen the yuan the krona have all fared far worse than sterling.  The last time this happened there was a ‘get together’ from the top global economies and they deliberately trashed the dollar.   It’s was a stupid idea and left Japan particularly,  on a double decade of zero growth.  If they do it again it’s will probably be China this time 

Why is it that the right is screaming the dollar is done, we have printed to death but then turn around and saay the only reason the pound is weak is that the dollar is strong,which is it, a strong dollar or a worthless dollar...you can't have it both ways.

28 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Why is it that the right is screaming the dollar is done, we have printed to death but then turn around and saay the only reason the pound is weak is that the dollar is strong,which is it, a strong dollar or a worthless dollar...you can't have it both ways.

what's the 'right'    all G7 countries have printed money..the USA more than most !..     the dollar is strong because its the current worlds global currency.  for now..  the pound is not weak. all other currencies have fallen v the dollar 

im not sure what you point is..  

13 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

All fiat currencies including the dollar are rapidly losing their real world purchasing power and are falling in value. The Dollar is just falling slower than the Pound or Euro so in relative terms to these it looks like it's going up

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

It's been going on for centuries, I once when sterling was first introduced one pound would buy you ten cows. It's been going down hill from there. 

One pound will get you just a big bag of crisps these days 

1 hour ago, EdwardTeach said:

All fiat currencies including the dollar are rapidly losing their real world purchasing power and are falling in value. The Dollar is just falling slower than the Pound or Euro so in relative terms to these it looks like it's going up

But we supposed to have printed the dollar to oblivion, so we just kept up with others so if the worlds on it's ass and the dollar is strong then we were right to print off dollars or it would be super high.

14 hours ago, CANV said:

what's the 'right'    all G7 countries have printed money..the USA more than most !..     the dollar is strong because its the current worlds global currency.  for now..  the pound is not weak. all other currencies have fallen v the dollar 

im not sure what you point is..  

The right are conservatives that say the left/labour have ruined the economy but we are running the strongest right now...it's like every time the left get in over there the right stay they're blowing the economy and yet it's the right in and have been for a while and hows the economy they saay the left ruin?

3 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

But we supposed to have printed the dollar to oblivion, so we just kept up with others so if the worlds on it's ass and the dollar is strong then we were right to print off dollars or it would be super high.

But dollar IS falling in real terms. It’s falling against real world things like food and fuel. That’s why prices are rising because the dollar is losing purchasing power.

The dollar only looks strong when compared to other fiat currencies which are falling even faster and losing their purchasing power even quicker. Basically the dollar is just the best looking horse at the glue factory right now.

Edited by EdwardTeach

1 minute ago, EdwardTeach said:

But dollar IS falling in real terms. It’s falling against real world things like food and fuel. That’s why prices are rising because the dollar is losing purchasing power.

The dollar only looks strong against the other fiat currencies which are falling faster and losing their purchasing power even quicker. Basically the dollar is just the best looking horse at the glue factory right now.

So, in your opinion, we can see £1550/oz next weeks?

3 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

The right are conservatives that say the left/labour have ruined the economy but we are running the strongest right now...it's like every time the left get in over there the right stay they're blowing the economy and yet it's the right in and have been for a while and hows the economy they saay the left ruin?

to be fair every time the left do get in over here they do blow the economy.    I think gold is going up. but more percentage wise  in USD than GBP.   

Gold going up in price is not heartening to a newcomer like myself. It's just costing me more / I get less for my money.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Just now, Earthmetal said:

Gold going up in price is not heartening to a newcomer like myself. It's just costing me more / I get less for my money.

We all started somewhere, and heard the stories of cheap gold from before our time... Jump in and start buying/saving :) 

3 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

I want gold and silver to go down too. The longer it stays low the more of the stuff I can acquire.

10 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

We all had to start somewhere along this journey…buy fractional coins on a regular basis maybe (1/4 oz)…little and often. That way, you’ll average it over the years and it will build up. Look back 10 years and see how it’s grown. I’ve only been ‘in’ a year and intend doing the same. Tough times for us financially but little and often…