• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

6 hours ago, KRO said:

This.  Bang on.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

20 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

This.  Bang on.

In October last year I bought some gold…the real stuff…my precious…if I had bought an ounce in 2015 (say October) and kept it until today, the value would have doubled. Imagine if you could have purchased 50 ounces that year….

Our financial advisor said, ‘No you don’t want to touch that…too risky…’. Our sticks/shares have risen minutely in comparison. Go figure 🤔😌

Just now, lst65 said:

In October last year I bought some gold…the real stuff…my precious…if I had bought an ounce in 2015 (say October) and kept it until today, the value would have doubled. Imagine if you could have purchased 50 ounces that year….

Our financial advisor said, ‘No you don’t want to touch that…too risky…’. Our sticks/shares have risen minutely in comparison. Go figure 🤔😌

So what did you learn from this other than being your own financial advisor would of sufficed. Lol

2 minutes ago, lst65 said:

Financial Advisors arent financial advisors but part of the racket!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, Ukbullionfan said:

So what did you learn from this other than being your own financial advisor would of sufficed. Lol

😂 I learnt several things:

- It’s all a ‘game’ of risk versus reward

- My financial advisor buys us nice lunches. He’s a lovely guy. But someone always gets a cut…

- I should be my own financial advisor! Problem is, at mid 50’s, I may have left it a little late!! 😂

3 minutes ago, lst65 said:

😂 I learnt several things:

- My financial advisor buys us nice lunches.

Have you learnt the saying. There's no such thing as a free lunch?

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Financial Advisors arent financial advisors but part of the racket!

Just Salesmen on a commission

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Just Salesmen on a commission

100000000000000000000%

5 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Have you learnt the saying. There's no such thing as a free lunch?

But they ARE such nice lunches 😂

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

With whose money? 🤔

Precisely…

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

Buy gold, stack it store it, keep it safe. Price is only relevant when you need to cash it in. Plan stuff right in life, you'll only ever keep adding. Then revise strategy in 25+ years time 

We might be living in a Communist state by then.

REMEMBER BIG PHARMA WANT YOU UNHEALTHY TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOU 

SAY NO TO THE VAX - YOU CANNOT UNVACCINATE 

QUESTION EVERYTHING -  NEVER TRUST GOVERMENTS

3 minutes ago, Lordwolfsbeard said:

We might be living in a Communist state by then.

We may have been bailed in to ?!

if the chit hits the fan 

Bit rate BTC bit of gold bit of fiat bit of GBP £ bit of USD  euros  a Rolex watch or two gold chain , don't keep ya eggs in one basket 

2 hours ago, lst65 said:

If hindsight was foresight then we would all be rich!

I have a story to tell relating to the commission of financial advisors.

I once worked on an IT project for an Independent Financial Consultancy firm which specializes in pension funds. Over a period of time, we got to know some financial advisors. On a certain day, we noticed that one advisor has not been in work for a while so made enquiries.

We later learnt that the advisor had successfully completed a pension transfer deal on behalf of a client (transferring a company's pension fund from one provider to another). The sum was £10M if I remembered correctly. For that, the advisor who managed to persuade the client to change providers has a small percentage cut - some speculated as much as 1% or £100K. 

With that, the advisor could afford to take things easy and went on a long holiday to celebrate. 👍 

8 hours ago, lst65 said:

Thank goodness I've never bothered with financial advisors. As soon as I was enlightened about gold as an excellent savings vehicle back in late 2014, I quickly withdrew all my premium bonds and ISAs (after mutuality) and bought some gold in summer 2015. Back then, an ounce of krugerrand was around £730. 

But as you all know, you get so attached to your shiny metals that you would take them everywhere ! 

Oh! That damn boating accident !!!  🙄

2 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Thank goodness I've never bothered with financial advisors. As soon as I was enlightened about gold as an excellent savings vehicle back in late 2014, I quickly withdrew all my premium bonds and ISAs (after mutuality) and bought some gold in summer 2015. Back then, an ounce of krugerrand was around £730. 

But as you all know, you get so attached to your shiny metals that you would take them everywhere ! 

Oh! That damn boating accident !!!  🙄

🙏😂