• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 minutes ago, Bars said:

Statement has since been retracted

I'm talking about the jump in spot. We do not know when or even if there will be an invasion, but we know for certain the markets react to this kind of rhetoric.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.11.55 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

17 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

I'm talking about the jump in spot. We do not know when or even if there will be an invasion, but we know for certain the markets react to this kind of rhetoric.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 7.11.55 am.png

oil liked the rhetoric too!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

giphy.gif

@stefffana right now getting to that £1400 mark

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

18 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

oil liked the rhetoric too!

Yea yea we all know what you like... 😛

giphy.gif

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

36 minutes ago, dicker said:

The TSF gold price ticker is a couple of quid out from the market (lower).  Is usually pretty spot on!

Yes, been wondering about that since yesterday. Forum AUD spot is almost $20 off the whack (lower).

I see gold is looking good again , unfortunately the situation in Ukraine doesn't look good .

By the way i haven't been an active member lately because I enrolled in an Integrated ATPL course and going through my nine months of ground school at the moment which requires constant studying and leaves me no time to do anything else .

hopefully I will have more time to spend with you guys once I pass all my 14 theory exams and start my flight training in August .

22 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

I see gold is looking good again , unfortunately the situation in Ukraine doesn't look good .

By the way i haven't been an active member lately because I enrolled in an Integrated ATPL course and going through my nine months of ground school at the moment which requires constant studying and leaves me no time to do anything else .

hopefully I will have more time to spend with you guys once I pass all my 14 theory exams and start my flight training in August .

Best of luck Nick.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, Nick1368 said:

the situation in Ukraine doesn't look good .

Peronsally I think its posturing to get the oil price up - thats modern warfare now its so advanced technologically. 
Immediately makes trillions for Russia & adds to the burden & resentment to US leaders as it hits tax payers pockets.

I dont think they will do anything until after the CVhinese olympics, if anything they are buddies with them after all. 
Dropping that news in the middle a Friday trading day is dodgy & a lot of the price changes could just be algorithms on Paper gold. 
Its also a handy way to get people back into fear or distract them. 

I still think gold will get back to £1,285, before April. Hoping as now is the time to buy miners - Im literally all in with investment funds. 
They will slowly crash the system with rate hikes (as we are seeing) and probably backtrack mid year after mid terms. 
Who knows - complete guesswork. 

I bought Petropovalysk last week - Im interested to see what happens with that? 
But some of the russian stocks may go on sale - so it will be interesting? 

Edited by Stacktastic

22 hours ago, scotwasp said:

It’s a different view on things, but, for some of us (I’m sure I’m not alone) who are newer to stacking, I don’t like seeing the price of PM’s going up!

I really like it when they go down as it’s a chance to buy.  I obviously want the long term trend to be upwards but kind of like watching any reduction in gold price as it gives me a chance to buy. For anyone at the start of their PM journey/addiction🤔😆 everything is a wee bit back to from from the general forum mood. 

(Puts on hard hat and takes cover 😎)

100% I want to see a big dip then I will buy another load, I don’t think much will come of the Russia situation and then it will come down again BUT George gammon was on post cast saying the fed might raise interest rates this week, not sure if that will push gold up or bring it down 

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Interesting Valentine's day this Monday. £1385 now.

Probably it is  @HerefordBullyun's fault.

Yes Ive got my violin out and candalbra so I can serenade my blow up doll later. Ive run out rohynol so have to gag her with black masking tape!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Interesting Valentine's day this Monday. £1385 now.

I'm starting to get an itchy finger, should I start buying? It'll probably come back down soon, won't it, maybe, hopefully, possibly, never, F'#=k Knows! lol 🙈

Maybe old Vlad knows. 

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yes Ive got my violin out and candalbra so I can serenade my blow up doll later. Ive run out rohynol so have to gag her with black masking tape!

You can't go wrong with some black nasty, proper good tape.

3 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I'm starting to get an itchy finger, should I start buying? It'll probably come back down soon, won't it, maybe, hopefully, possibly, never, F'#=k Knows! lol 🙈

Maybe old Vlad knows. 

You can't go wrong with some black nasty, proper good tape.

I can not give any advice about buying or selling.  My finger is itchy as well.😁 So I have bought today some 20g of gold 9ct and 13g of 14ct at a very good price.😊 around £42/g equivalent pure gold.