• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, Smiler999 said:

no its 23:17 oh sorry I thought you meant the time!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

The rise is gold price is helping me lick my wounds slightly after the battering my SMT shares have taken in last few months.

It doesn’t cover the downside but it’s a pleasant distraction.

Was hoping the price would hold out until I bought some 2022 sovs but such is life! I think we could see a new ATH this year. 

On 10/02/2022 at 17:41, TommyTwoShots said:

Pushing interest rates up will not change the rate of inflation as it is being driven by international factors like the rising cost of gas. The only thing raising interest rates would do is harm economic output.

Some of you may have seen this video before by Ray Dalio on "How the economic machine works".

If you haven't, I highly recommend that you watch it - it's really insightful on the short and long term running of the economy and gave me an indication as to where we are in the long term cycle... Are we approaching a deleveraging phase and the "lost decade"?

In terms of interest rates, they go up to slow down borrowing and enable debt to be paid down.  They go down to stimulate borrowing. 

However, over time, a limit is reached as to how much interest rates can be changed.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

3 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

The rise is gold price is helping me lick my wounds slightly after the battering my SMT shares have taken in last few months.

It doesn’t cover the downside but it’s a pleasant distraction.

Was hoping the price would hold out until I bought some 2022 sovs but such is life! I think we could see a new ATH this year. 

A piece of true philosophy.

I think the imminent interest rate increase from the Bank of England will pull gold down again in the month(s) ahead, but in the meantime, I think gold will go up covering the debt in the cycle we're in.

The interest rate increase on borrowers will cover some of that debt, along with proposals to increase NI, energy and food hikes etc. and gold will slowly back down again.

I'm still waiting for it to come down to my predicted £1,200!! 

The increase in gold gets the gold minors back out there and partly covers their losses.  If and when gold drops, minors will have covered their losses and continue and accept the £1,200 or so spot price.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

They are always a few pound higher for some reason, atkinsons or bullionbypost.co.uk seem the nearest. 

It's showing 1409 on bullion by post right now as TSF shows 1405. TSF was showing higher then BBP yesterday. Not sure what this follows?

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

It's showing 1409 on bullion by post right now as TSF shows 1405. TSF was showing higher then BBP yesterday. Not sure what this follows?

Think this follows tomorrow's price 🤣🤣

Wake me at £2k a gram lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Midasfrog said:

The last time I bought a sovereign from the RM was in 2017 , a full sovereign was £238 , I havnt bought from them since its daylight robbery 😂

I sold a pile around that price 4 or 5 years ago when starting out...think I made £10 profit a sovereign and thought I won the lottery 😅 Well that worked out well 😅 

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Think this follows tomorrow's price 🤣🤣

Wake me at £2k a gram lol.

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

The last time I bought a sovereign from the RM was in 2017 , a full sovereign was £238 , I havnt bought from them since its daylight robbery 😂

I'm waiting for prices to drop back down to a sensible price. Last time I bought a sovereign it was from here but prices were at £1320ish and the next day it went £1340+. A few months ago. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I'm waiting for prices to drop back down to a sensible price. Last time I bought a sovereign it was from here but prices were at £1320ish and the next day it went £1340+. A few months ago. 

Yeah I want some more 2022s but the only place that has them are rm and nearly £360 now...think how many pizzas you could get for that in Iceland 😁

Just now, James32 said:

Yeah I want some more 2022s but the only place that has them are rm and nearly £360 now...think how many pizzas you could get for that in Iceland 😁

I don't have any bullion 2022 sov's yet but  I want at least 2x full and 1x half. One full for each of my daughter's and the half for my granddaughter. Any others would be for my personal stash but not likely to be able get any more then theirs tbh. I'm probably only able to get the 1/10s for myself. I'd like 2x 1/4 gold bullion TB lions as well but that's for the rich folks amongst us!