• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Has anyone been tempted by any of the beaten up Russian mining stocks, POLY, POG or EUA. Could be an opportunity of a lifetime in the long run.

Off the back of those suffering in Ukraine? I wouldn’t touch a Russian sausage let alone buy their assets. Sadly the Russian people will suffer as well in the long run. Lose, lose all around. 

12 minutes ago, TheByzantine said:

any predictions on when it wil hit £1500 the oz? I would say maybe within the next 2 weeks?

The way things are going...Friday night😊

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

51 minutes ago, TheByzantine said:

any predictions on when it wil hit £1500 the oz? I would say maybe within the next 2 weeks?

Have a bet with my mate @stefffana he will be able to tell you :D

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

13 hours ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Has anyone been tempted by any of the beaten up Russian mining stocks, POLY, POG or EUA. Could be an opportunity of a lifetime in the long run.

I wouldn't touch ANY stocks at this moment with a bargepole, I think a general stock market crash is on the cards very soon -- that includes American stocks. We can pick up the pieces later, after the nukes have fallen and fallout cleared a bit.

19 hours ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Yes POLY at £5 :( 
Im holding back until it hits considerable buying to average down. 
Should have set a stop I did not expect it to get to £2.5!
£2 will be a big number - should see a decent 
bounce, even without any good news. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Powell out hammering Gold again, calling the money metal "pure speculation" LOL. Fed doing everything they can to print more fiat and claim theres hardly any by printing so printing more fiat will keep the US dollar stronger. Theres no inflation folks, Gold is all speculation, debt insanity can be fixed by printing more fiat.

9 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Powell out hammering Gold again, calling the money metal "pure speculation" LOL. Fed doing everything they can to print more fiat and claim theres hardly any by printing so printing more fiat will keep the US dollar stronger. Theres no inflation folks, Gold is all speculation, debt insanity can be fixed by printing more fiat.

More speculation going on here.

image.png.de0ad1bbdf0c887e893f8aa186f7a60e.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sjhdesmond said:

These are stills from the movie "Three Kings" (1999)

i did an image search in google - i saw a clip with Clooney and some gold bars but nothing like the images that were posted to Twitter.
i am going to have a look at the movie to confirm the situation for myself.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sjhdesmond said:

These are stills from the movie "Three Kings" (1999)

i just watch the film "Three Kings" (1999).
None of the faces in the images i posted i recognise from the film
The bars in the film are pristine shiny bars with Arabic on the top. This an actual clip from the film where they discover the bars.

So the images in the tweet posted by the Consul at the Chinese Embassy in Lebanon are not taken from the film you mention. i take these to be genuine images - someone in his position in the Middle East is someone who could well have access to the genuine photographs.

image.thumb.png.aa344da195cdf63faae8d2479d69b42f.png 

33 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i just watch the film "Three Kings" (1999).
None of the faces in the images i posted i recognise from the film
The bars in the film are pristine shiny bars with Arabic on the top. This an actual clip from the film where they discover the bars.

So the images in the tweet posted by the Consul at the Chinese Embassy in Lebanon are not taken from the film you mention. i take these to be genuine images - someone in his position in the Middle East is someone who could well have access to the genuine photographs.

image.thumb.png.aa344da195cdf63faae8d2479d69b42f.png 

Jesus Christ.

I mean, seriously.

It was a joke.

But why let that stand in the way of a good conspiracy.