• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/gold-french-francs/20-french-francs-best-value/

can someone work out the premium of this coin for me and is the price decent for the premium ?

Price £310.40

Gold @ Spot for £48.50/g

Coin has 5.8g pure gold content, or 5.8g * £48.5 = £281.30 worth of gold.

To find the premium over spot you do: ( £310.40 / £281.30 ) - 1 = 0.1034, or 10.34% premium over spot :) 

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

11 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Thank you . Would it be as good to buy as a sovereign ?

That depends. Sovereigns are GCT free. You would have to check the price per gram and compare which one is more expensive. You may find good deals around the forum too. Always good to shop around and compare prices on the forum and bullion dealers :) 

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

8 hours ago, modofantasma said:

They are gone now, this is weird to see soverigns being hard to get, are the general public going out and buying them? Is this panic buying fearing inflation and gold is the new toilet paper? Maybe people seeing the price shoot up and looking to get in on a profit?

If I was a dealer and had a load of 1oz coins around I wanted to shift would I too be 'out of stock' on cheaper, smaller coins as the people seem to be desperate to buy at a high price?

I find the current price frustrating as there are a few pieces I want like the gold little John and the bullion lion of England however its just a bit too expensive right now if this is only temporary. Obviously it would be nice to cash in some gold for a profit but it's not high enough to justify breaking in to nest egg stack either.

So just have to watch for a bit and see how things go

14 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

They are gone now, this is weird to see soverigns being hard to get, are the general public going out and buying them? Is this panic buying fearing inflation and gold is the new toilet paper? Maybe people seeing the price shoot up and looking to get in on a profit?

If I was a dealer and had a load of 1oz coins around I wanted to shift would I too be 'out of stock' on cheaper, smaller coins as the people seem to be desperate to buy at a high price?

Are we not ‘the general public?’ Or are we the ‘special public?’ 😂

I think that if you hold your nerve, prices will come down somewhat. But maybe small and often would be the way forward? Everyone worries they have missed the bus but precious metals, like most assets/investments can go down as well as up - apparently! I’m not a financial advisor obviously. 

Just now, lst65 said:

Are we not ‘the general public?’ Or are we the ‘special public?’ 😂

I don't know a single person that has any interest in buying gold, I think even the local chavs don't wear soverign rings anymore 😅 

I think being really in to collecting metals does probably class as special, not sure whether that would be in the positive or negative sense to those that dont

1 hour ago, lst65 said:

‘special public?’ 😂

I moist certainly don't regard myself as the 'general public' after 2020.
People are environmentally conditioned (and as polite as I can be) in varying degrees unable to make thier own informed critical thoughts. 
I have been aware of this since a kid, but it was made very clear to me I was different from birth as I have been constantly told throughout my life. 😛 

Most people i have come across on here have accessed a special knowing & have uncovered some truths that have shattered thier ingrained beliefs and set them free. 

Edited by Stacktastic

5 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I can only find half and quarter sovereigns from 2022. Is it worth getting them or would the premium be too much ? Should I just wait for the full sovs to go back in stock.

Atkinsons have full sovereigns in stock.

On 19/02/2022 at 23:05, James32 said:

Has anyone in UK used 

On 19/02/2022 at 23:25, Rugger said:

My order has been insta paid with wire transfer. I'll update when they arrive. 

On 19/02/2022 at 23:16, FlorinCollector said:

I have used them in the past with no issues but this was about 2018.

I Have an update for you all regarding the deal I posted with CoinInvest and the American Eagles. 

1st order: 19th Feb (Sat) 4x 0.25oz American eagles @ 456EUR ¬ 380GBP. Paid via instant bank transfer. Shipped 7th of March. This was one business day longer than their promise (5-10 business days). Arrived March 12th in Ireland via UPS. 

2nd order: 23rd of Feb (Wed) 2x 0.25 American Eagles @458EUR ¬ 381GBP & 1oz Maple @ 1729EUR ¬ 1450GBP. Paid Via instant transfer. Shipped 7th of March. Which was 8 business days (promise 5-10 business days). Arrived March 14th in Ireland via UPS. 

Out of 10 I would give them a 6.5. Here are the 4 reasons they lose points. (1st lost point) I emailed them on 10th business day of 1st order as I had no update. I got a snarky, blunt reply. It felt like the customer service rep didn't even read my email. It annoyed me and I didn't appreciate it. (2nd lost point) 1st order was shipped a business day late. 10 business days is a long lead time. (0.5 lost point) If your promise is low, try out perform it. (last lost point) They shipped both packages economy with UPS charging me €15 for each order. I pay the same with the Austrian mint and I get it next day UPS Expedited. 

Picky guy, I know. But that is my honest feedback. If you can deal with up to an 11 business day lead time and economy UPS then its a fine place to order. 

Here is a picture of the deals. I still think they were a good buy. 

I put the coins in the air-tites. everything came in baggies, like the Maple. 

22.22.41.jpeg

Edited by Rugger
clarification on picture contents

1 minute ago, Rugger said:

I Have an update for you all regarding the deal I posted with CoinInvest and the American Eagles. 

1st order: 19th Feb (Sat) 4x 0.25oz American eagles @ 456EUR ¬ 380GBP. Paid via instant bank transfer. Shipped 7th of March. This was one business day longer than their promise (5-10 business days). Arrived March 12th in Ireland via UPS. 

2nd order: 23rd of Feb (Wed) 2x 0.25 American Eagles @458EUR ¬ 381GBP & 1oz Maple @ 1729EUR ¬ 1450GBP. Paid Via instant transfer. Shipped 7th of March. Which was 8 business days (promise 5-10 business days). Arrived March 14th in Ireland via UPS. 

Out of 10 I would give them a 6.5. Here are the 4 reasons they lose points. (1st lost point) I emailed them on 10th business day of 1st order as I had no update. I got a snarky, blunt reply. It felt like the customer service rep didn't even read my email. It annoyed me and I didn't appreciate it. (2nd lost point) 1st order was shipped a business day late. 10 business days is a long lead time. (0.5 lost point) If your promise is low, try out perform it. (last lost point) They shipped both packages economy with UPS charging me €15 for each order. I pay the same with the Austrian mint and I get it next day UPS Expedited. 

Picky guy, I know. But that is my honest feedback. If you can deal with up to an 11 business day lead time and economy UPS then its a fine place to order. 

Here is a picture of the deals. I still think they were a good buy. 

22.22.41.jpeg

Them quarter eagles are very nice

I like to buy the pre-dip dip