• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Worth a mention for others who also tend to buy 'best value', bullion.

The compare page on TSF does not take into account when buying multiples or deals like the above on particular sovs.  If buying multiples always worth checking each link to see what the price breaks are.  I also always check Atkinsons, Britannia Coin company and Tavex who can always have decent price breaks and bundles.  Atkinsons in particular will have some good deals where you buy a set of say 5 or 10 sovs, or buy a sov and a half sov often reducing the face cost to close or equal to a higher price break point.  

20 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I'm on their website now. Best prices I've seen in weeks. Have you any info on the condition of the sovereigns they send out? 

They sent me a scratched 2022 bullion sovereign, and are unwilling to replace when they have stock. Here's the full conversation for full transparency:

Hi there,

Thank you for fulfilling my order last week. I've had a bit of time over the weekend to take a look at the coins and I can see there are what look like scratches on the queens cheek on one of them. I'm aware that you're out of stock of these at the moment but would it be possible to exchange one in better condition, when you have stock again? 

If you could let me know my options, I'd really appreciate it.

The reply

Hello Max.

Thank you for your e-mail. The coins we sell are bullion coins, so they ought to have some imperfections and minor scratches. The Royal Mint has an explanatory website for this https://www.royalmint.com/discover/coin-collecting/striking-standards/.

For this reason we are unable to exchange the coins as they are all going to be similar quality.

Kind regards,

Priit Rinken

A bit of a shame, especially with new coins, so be mindful of this when ordering new stock. As it looks like they don't QC their new coins.

I left a fair review to reflect the experience.

Edited by MLNCoins

3 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

They sent me a scratched 2022 bullion sovereign, and are unwilling to replace when they have stock. Here's the full conversation for full transparency:

Hi there,

A bit of a shame, especially with new coins, so be mindful of this when ordering new stock. As it looks like they don't QC their new coins.

How 'bad' are the scratches?  Have you a photo? 

7 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

Hi there,

Thank you for fulfilling my order last week. I've had a bit of time over the weekend to take a look at the coins and I can see there are what look like scratches on the queens cheek on one of them. I'm aware that you're out of stock of these at the moment but would it be possible to exchange one in better condition, when you have stock again? 

The reply

Hello Max.

Thank you for your e-mail. The coins we sell are bullion coins, so they ought to have some imperfections and minor scratches. The Royal Mint has an explanatory website for this https://www.royalmint.com/discover/coin-collecting/striking-standards/.

For this reason we are unable to exchange the coins as they are all going to be similar quality.

Kind regards,

Priit Rinken

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I only buy bullion and wasn't too fussed about the condition when I started. That said, the bullion I've already bought, to my eyes at least, is pristine (2022 sovs) and I want to continue that trend.

I might start a new pile of old sovs and put the knackers in there.

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

bullion dealers gonna deal bullion 🤷‍♂️

Fair point.

2 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Mine have always been perfect

I'll take a punt on a sov and see what its like when it turns up. 

16 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

Hi there,

The reply

Hello Max.

Kind regards,

Priit Rinken

If you watch a video by the RM on how bullion sovereigns are Made/stored...you will appreciate the fact they don't arrive bent😅

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

20 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

Hi there,

The reply

Hello Max.

Kind regards,

Priit Rinken

82238918_Whyyourcoinisscratched.jpg.44c6f16e6fb8dbc26266a6b51657f873.jpg

This is actually how your coin was handled by the mint. 

78av.gif

55 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

bullion dealers gonna deal bullion 🤷‍♂️

True and I understand this, however I wanted to give a balanced view to the question asked, as everyone has said they haven't had any issues, so I didn't want @GoldDabbler to order one, then be disappointed after everyone's recommendations.

59 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

How 'bad' are the scratches?  Have you a photo? 

Honestly, they aren't bad, it was more of the flexible request I asked for that was turned down that peeved me a little I guess. Also the link they sent doesn't really back them up in their logic.

50 minutes ago, James32 said:

If you watch a video by the RM on how bullion sovereigns are Made/stored...you will appreciate the fact they don't arrive bent😅

I have seen it yet this is first I've experienced, I'm aware I'm anal but if it was me I'd look for that sort of stuff, it makes the difference.

@GoldDabbler I will say though the packaging is great, discreet and you get a call once funds have been received so please don't let me cloud your judgement :) 

6 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

True and I understand this, however I wanted to give a balanced view to the question asked, as everyone has said they haven't had any issues, so I didn't want @GoldDabbler to order one, then be disappointed after everyone's recommendations.

Honestly, they aren't bad, it was more of the flexible request I asked for that was turned down that peeved me a little I guess. Also the link they sent doesn't really back them up in their logic.

I have seen it yet this is first I've experienced, I'm aware I'm anal but if it was me I'd look for that sort of stuff, it makes the difference.

@GoldDabbler I will say though the packaging is great, discreet and you get a call once funds have been received so please don't let me cloud your judgement :) 

I understand your point and think we all would like good quality bullion, considering the prices we pay from dealers..but its the nature of the beast!

1 hour ago, MLNCoins said:

I know hardly anything about coins but I read the 2022 plat jub sovs are semi numis. Not sure if that's right but either way I want my 'brand new' sovs looking brand new, bullion or not. Sounds like this year's bullion sov might be more valuable than just bullion.

15 minutes ago, MLNCoins said:

Thanks for the thoughtful post MNLCoins. I'm always expecting pot luck with coin condition, new or old, although I do expect the 2022s I buy to be in pretty good condition. I'm starting a old sov pile of bullion in any condition soon so that'll take any stress out of me receiving a knacker through the post. :) 

Have never used Tavex previously, but tried to buy on recent dip and payment failed, later made successful payment. Ordered two gillicks nice box but below is what arrived. Can't really argue with the price but spot the two surprises.

Obviously pot luck as with any bullion dealer.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 16.15.20.png

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Have never used Tavex previously, but tried to buy on recent dip and payment failed, later made successful payment. Ordered two gillicks nice box but below is what arrived. Can't really argue with the price but spot the two surprises.

Obviously pot luck as with any bullion dealer.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 16.15.20.png

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

Na they would be going back...they are on here I believe? 

On 13/05/2022 at 21:30, gmoose said:

This just got better, 25% off now. £416.20 at the moment.

Still available, at about the same price. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second. I wonder how many they have? I don't have deep enough pockets to find out.

12 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Still available, at about the same price. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second. I wonder how many they have? I don't have deep enough pockets to find out.

What coin are we talking about?