• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Yeah probably to A canvas. 

It's a shame that so much produce was ripped apart or melted when silver crossed a certain point...a friend of mine had a 1000 oz statue, there were about 100 made, a cowboy on a horse, he bought it under spot $15and then sold it for $18 oz... it should have been sent to an auction house, no damage...but silver is silver and gold is gold.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

It's a shame that so much produce was ripped apart or melted when silver crossed a certain point...a friend of mine had a 1000 oz statue, there were about 100 made, a cowboy on a horse, he bought it under spot $15and then sold it for $18 oz... it should have been sent to an auction house, no damage...but silver is silver and gold is gold.

Honestly you should see the volume of both gold and silver being melted down daily. 

one guy melted 300 sovereign yesterday 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

8 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Honestly you should see the volume of both gold and silver being melted down daily. 

It difficult to see history melted, I have a hard time watching my scrap jewelry get put in the pot...when you think of it people paid three or four times the value of the metal when they bought it from the craftsmanship but now it's just metal...when I buy jewelry I try to buy something that exceeds it's metal value, looking at VCA, T&Co, HW, C and B...where the value is far above the sum of its parts....although with some pieces you have a hard time seeing the price as being worth it..lol...I have a tiny gold tiffany bracelet, an Atlas with four of the smallest diamonds you could imagine on it...but retail $1400....you laugh at it if you were looking for value for money.

55 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

It difficult to see history melted, I have a hard time watching my scrap jewelry get put in the pot...when you think of it people paid three or four times the value of the metal when they bought it from the craftsmanship but now it's just metal...when I buy jewelry I try to buy something that exceeds it's metal value, looking at VCA, T&Co, HW, C and B...where the value is far above the sum of its parts....although with some pieces you have a hard time seeing the price as being worth it..lol...I have a tiny gold tiffany bracelet, an Atlas with four of the smallest diamonds you could imagine on it...but retail $1400....you laugh at it if you were looking for value for money.

Jewellery ALWAYS has a VERY HIGH premium! relative to Metal intrinsic!

My wife loves Pandora Silver charms - we weighed the set she has - looks like it would break most lightweight wrists!

Because I am a little Anl retentive for receipts - we could equate the numbers - !! WTF!!

£620 purchase price ( in total)  against 925 x 67.73 grm = 62.65 x 9999 Ag = 2.014 ounces £13.81(current spot/ounce) = £27.81

Thank god  - I look after our finances - whilst Mrs 5huggy looks "PRETTY"!

IMG_2630.thumb.jpg.c5728d238b8bd5cde448badc75382ce5.jpg

Edited by 5huggy

2 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

My wife loves Pandora Silver charms - we weighed the set she has - looks like it would break most lightweight wrists!

Because I am a little Anl retentive for receipts - we could equate the numbers - !! WTF!!

£620 purchase price ( in total)  against 925 x 67.73 grm = 62.65 x 9999 Ag = 2.014 ounces £13.81(current spot/ounce) = £27.81

If you give me an idea of the types of charms she’s after, I get them time to time. Just picked up a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet- should see the retail on that!

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

4 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

If you give me an idea of the types of charms she’s after, I get them time to time. Just picked up a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet- should see the retail on that!

I'll ask but I AINT paying that premium (I have shown) (note picture added now) - If I could get roughly £300 an ounce - I WOULD BE A BILLIONAIRE!!

despicable me what GIF

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Worn out ones were they?

24 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

pm sent buddy

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

What would be the point in melting sovereigns? Old Jewellery I can understand

2 hours ago, MickB said:

Worn out ones were they?

No bud most were decent. A number of shops melt sovs regularly. You would be surprised how many. They make 20% plus by turning it into jewellery so more profit and cheap to buy sovs

3 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

No bud most were decent. A number of shops melt sovs regularly. You would be surprised how many. They make 20% plus by turning it into jewellery so more profit and cheap to buy sovs

Wow! I can understand melting down worn out ones but do they check the sovereigns first for rarity before melting down the decent ones?

1 hour ago, UltramanArgent said:

Here's the first addition to my stack for the new year - a lot of 50% silver threepences! I'd quite like to pick up the same coin, but in sterling at some point soon.

I have a bunch am going to sell if you want. Ok me, will sort you out. 

2 minutes ago, MickB said:

Wow! I can understand melting down worn out ones but do they check the sovereigns first for rarity before melting down the decent ones?

Nope. Last month they melted 1 oz QBs and even 50 Pesos. 

3 hours ago, 5huggy said:

IMG_2630.thumb.jpg.c5728d238b8bd5cde448badc75382ce5.jpg

I have seen th3n sell for slightly above melt...lots of charms on them, it's bad to tell he sellers that they got stiffed but it has to be done, I've seen one sell that was over three ounces of charms and got less then $60....good thing mist times the charms are given as gifts and they never bought them.

4 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

My wife loves her new charm bracelet and at a bargain price.

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE