• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

13 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

Dipped in Dave's secret sauce

It's just Bisto.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

11 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Thanks for this one @Thomast

image.thumb.png.32124ebcee4ac3d46cb56ed4fc058e9a.png

image.png.56429544c5d194aa22f479d1aa7eed4a.png

Looks like Taurus!

See the Taurus Star Constellation from the UK!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

8 minutes ago, KurtCollects said:

Arrival today! 

Had done some snooping prior to purchase and was hoping for number 6 or 7 as the others showed a lot of milk spotting. Win!

(photo taken through the plastic sleeve, those marks aren't on the coin or slab :D)

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

Just now, paulmerton said:

The famous Poosevelt error coin!

You'll have to report if any of yours too features this print error! haha 

3 hours ago, KurtCollects said:

Arrival today! 

Had done some snooping prior to purchase and was hoping for number 6 or 7 as the others showed a lot of milk spotting. Win!

(photo taken through the plastic sleeve, those marks aren't on the coin or slab :D)

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0528.jpeg

I don't even remember this coin being released!

19 minutes ago, JohnV66 said:

Some nice arrivals from @GoldDiggerDave

2021_goldstd1.PNG

2021_goldstd2.PNG

2009_darwin1.PNG

2009_darwin2.PNG

2011_maryrose1.PNG

2011_maryrose2.PNG

That gold standard is very nice!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

27 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I don't even remember this coin being released!

The coin itself wasn't released to the public (per se)... A private pension company in the US got the entire order of this coin for 2022!

The Pyx coin did release for purchase but given the above and that (I think...) 2 of them had already sold at auction before the release, they didn't hang around long! 

Definitely a good purchase (imo) :D 

Edited by KurtCollects

15 minutes ago, KurtCollects said:

The coin itself wasn't released to the public (per say)... A private pension company in the US got the entire order of this coin for 2022!

The Pyx coin did release for purchase but given the above and that (I think...) 2 of them had already sold at auction before the release, they didn't hang around long! 

Definitely a good purchase (imo) :D 

A very good purchase. These must surely be worth several hundred quid already. Outside of the 10 Pyx coins, none have come up for sale at all before, unlike the pig privy britannias.

At the end of the day, if anyone wants one, there are only 10 in the world they can buy...

32 minutes ago, Pm1987 said:

Something a little special today. Don’t seem to come up for sale all to often. A pair of W16 Britannias. 

If anyone has any spares going to complete the set please give me  shout  

IMG_5579.jpeg

What does the W16 stand for? Excuse the ignorance on this

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

What does the W16 stand for? Excuse the ignorance on this

Starting in 2015, BTN coins of Germany commissioned a set of 16 world famous silver ounces. Each coin was embossed with a 24k gold 'W16' privy mark. There were limited edition sets for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The set includes famous 1 oz coins from around the world, including the Britannia.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Starting in 2015, BTN coins of Germany commissioned a set of 16 world famous silver ounces. Each coin was embossed with a 24k gold 'W16' privy mark. There were limited edition sets for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The set includes famous 1 oz coins from around the world, including the Britannia.

Thanks James!  Everyday is a school day

1 hour ago, James32 said:

@James32 Your like a history book sir!

@Pm1987 first time seeing these coins, enjoy the journey to finding the remaining 👍🏽

2 minutes ago, bobski said:

My sovs came back from grading. Cheers @GoldDiggerDave

C240D147-A346-488E-93DC-05485601317B.jpeg

Excellent, I bet you're chuffed with them! Did Dave do any special cleaning?

Just now, Gruff said:

Excellent, I bet you're chuffed with them! Did Dave do any special cleaning?

The hassle I caused by adding black foam to the caps, I expected he wiped his arse on them

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves