• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

2 hours ago, SiCole said:

I think i could pre-sell one on a certain FB group for around £1,100 in 5 minutes. People are that annoyed they have missed out.

Easy, someone  is asking £1999 on febay!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334846133311?hash=item4df662843f:g:ykgAAOSwKQRkRtR4

29 minutes ago, StackToCollect said:

Can't afford one but BBP still have them for those that can: https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/2023-king-charles-iii-coronation-coin-range/2023-2oz-king-charles-iii-coronation-proof-gold-coin-boxed/

Looks like the Mint have sold out of everything except the silver 1oz (base metal excluded). Quite a success given how flat most recent launches seem to have been! Start of a revival or just a special one off?

As reasons for commemoratives go, the first Coronation for 70 years is as good as it gets.

Given the amount of other proof nonsense I buy from the Mint, these are a proper no brainer.

Only remembered about the release this morning when I got a reminder on my phone. Joined the que using my mobile and was waiting at around 8500 in line when it opened. I landed on the site a few mins later and bagged a SOTD which I'll be chuffed to bits with if it gets here. 

I personally find SOTD the most collectable coins as they are literally a piece of history, never to be repeated or restruck. Grabbing one (if you can) is a no brainer. 

So after all the mayhem of yesterday what is your opinion on the best investment from yesterday’s releases ? The obvious one is the SOTD sovereign which will be very sought after in the long run I think the 1/40 gold coin will also do well. 

21 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

So after all the mayhem of yesterday what is your opinion on the best investment from yesterday’s releases ? The obvious one is the SOTD sovereign which will be very sought after in the long run I think the 1/40 gold coin will also do well. 

I think the 1/4 coin will do just as good as the sov. Its at a nice price range if some on wants to get one. Yeah its going to be exspensive on the 2nd hand market but it will be in most peoples reach 

Edited by Jake0111

31 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

So does anyone have any more information to share about the elusive reverse proof ounce coins?

Someone said there’s a 2oz reverse proof.

Are there also smaller ounce reverse proof denominations?

There's also a product code for the seven-sided gold 50p coin that has an R on the end. That would be weird, a reverse proof 50p...

9 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Anyone know of a dealer selling the SOTD Sovereign?

Chards seems to be one of the dealers that didn’t take preorders, and their page mentions they will offer the SotD for sale after they get physical stock. So there’s a chance to get it from there. 🤞🏽 

https://www.chards.co.uk/2023-coronation-of-kciii-strike-on-the-day-bu-sovereign/18615

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Chards seems to be one of the dealers that didn’t take preorders, and their page mentions they will offer the SotD for sale after they get physical stock. So there’s a chance to get it from there. 🤞🏽 

https://www.chards.co.uk/2023-coronation-of-kciii-strike-on-the-day-bu-sovereign/18615

Chances of them being at RRP after the fact seems slim, but I'm willing to be surprised!

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

So does anyone have any more information to share about the elusive reverse proof ounce coins?

Someone said there’s a 2oz reverse proof.

Are there also smaller ounce reverse proof denominations?

• An exclusive 2oz gold coin only is coming out for Mint Marque clients gold tier status and higher, marketed to platinum level first  
  • Mintage is just 100
  • and it is in reverse proof set 2oz gold only 
  • RRP slightly higher than the standard 2oz gold at £5495

So it is https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/charles-iii/coronation/ounce/the-coronation-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii-2oz-gold-proof-coin/ 

in reverse proof

I think this is the one that will do the best for potential profits & desirability 

Edited by Paul

24 minutes ago, Praetorian said:

Quite a few items which were previously sold out seem to be back in stock at the Royal Mint.

Yes, they've probably had a few cancellations and failed payments etc since Monday, plus stock that may have been allocated for dealers or club members etc that has now been released.