• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

I’ve been wondering… is this the first time a crowned effigy of a King has been depicted on the Sovereign?

George III, George IV and William IV have had “laureate head” effigies on their respective Sovereigns, but I think the only prior King to have had a crowned effigy on the Sovereign was Edward VI from 1547-1553.

10 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’ve been wondering… is this the first time a crowned effigy of a King has been depicted on the Sovereign?

George III, George IV and William IV have had “laureate head” effigies on their respective Sovereigns, but I think the only prior King to have had a crowned effigy on the Sovereign was Edward VI from 1547-1553.

Yes it's the first crowned sovereign since 1817. Rather unconventional I'd warrant.

However, there had been coronation medals that saw kings wearing crowns. The Canadian dollars also had George V wearing a crown. Also some Indian coins I think.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

15 hours ago, BOOLIAN said:

I had an interesting call today - TRM Account Manager offered to reserve some product for me, including a strike on the day. Has anyone else had similar offers?

Not heard from my AM as of yet however I have emailed her and asked to keep a SOTD sovereign for me 

On 22/04/2023 at 06:51, GoldDiggerDave said:

Why have a Royal Mint account manger when you have you very own account manger right here?..........I just won't break the embargo  as soon as I saw the SOTD and oz coins I did place a large order.  Numbers not confirmed however I will highly likely have some numbers, plus I will continue to order coins via my normal retail avenues that I have developed over the years.      

Accounts are by invitation only at the moment (not wanting to sound up myself)  as I want to control numbers but also reward people who use my NGC and coin conservation services  first where practically possible.  

GoldDiggerMainLogo2400x1800.thumb.png.7a7e0f47449eb16129c16ec08b3e1787.png

Can you send me more details about your NGC and coin conservation services please. 

On 13/04/2023 at 18:47, BOOLIAN said:

I'm guessing someone has had a bad day today... or will have one tomorrow!

£5 Commemorative Coin:
KC3_Coronation_5PoundCommemorative.thumb.png.f2d3b96131fc5c266728d32bac3a706b.png

50p Commemorative Coin:
KC3_Coronation_50pCommemorative.thumb.PNG.60d3e90c4c5693f1f68cd27cea7eb8e4.PNG

Gold Proof Ounces Coin:
KC3_Coronation_GoldProofOunce.thumb.PNG.898866149732212d8d8f94c0651d9df5.PNG

Silver Proof Ounces Coin:
KC3_Coronation_SilverProofOunce.thumb.PNG.534777c30236a37ab5bba652b14a563f.PNG

Just to clarify, are these the only coins in this coronation range? 

So tomorrow morning if I’m lucky I’ll be only going for the SOTD sovereign, the one ounce gold looks good with low mintage so maybe I’ll change my mind and purchase that as well as of the rest of the coins I’m gonna pass on them as they are quite high in mintage. 
good luck everyone tomorrow 

Well good luck in the morning chaps! I actually don't know how busy the mint will be tommorow as I've not seen much publicity about these releases. Obviously everyone here knows what's going on buy I doubt the general public know the sotd sov is released tomorrow or the significance of it.

We'll see I guess but I'll be in the queue 

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

Well good luck in the morning chaps! I actually don't know how busy the mint will be tommorow as I've not seen much publicity about these releases. Obviously everyone here knows what's going on buy I doubt the general public know the sotd sov is released tomorrow or the significance of it.

We'll see I guess but I'll be in the queue 

What you going for tomorrow bud?

I've been changing my mind every day about this 1oz gold. Very unsure as to how it'll perform in the years to come, but I guess we might see a bit of an indication of interest tomorrow. Who knows, though... 🤔

19 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I'm only interested in the sotd soverign but if there are appealing full sets who knows...what have you got your eye on?

I think everyone should strongly avoid the SOTD sovereign at 9am tomorrow! Just buy some c**p silver ;) 

Proofs seem to be later but will be tasty if "crowned"

Edited by SiCole

Good morning, chaps. 

What are we thinking on the 1oz silver proof? Will it do well? 

I'm in 2 minds... Do I take some money from my monthly budget and buy the 1oz proof or stick to my main stacking and pick up some bullion coins?

Decisions, decisions... 

2 minutes ago, CySterling said:

Good morning, chaps. 

What are we thinking on the 1oz silver proof? Will it do well? 

I'm in 2 minds... Do I take some money from my monthly budget and buy the 1oz proof or stick to my main stacking and pick up some bullion coins?

Decisions, decisions... 

It can't hurt, I doubt it will pay for the grandkids education but it's cheap enough and a nice keepsake for a special event

just wondering what are you all looking to get from this 2023 coronation, for me I would like to try and get sotd sovereign and maybe a one ounce silver proof coin also does anyone know any website check the quality of the coin before giving sending it to us to the USA.

Edited by jason94151

Ok then.. 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 3.00.56 AM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken