• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

5 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

How does that work? If you turn it around won't it be back to normal? 🤔

Nah, it is way more irritating. It constantly goes beep beep this coin is reversing. 

You have to pay a squillion pounds for a special noise cancelling capsule otherwise you go even more insane than you were to start with.

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

£850 /  7.322g = £116.09gr X 31.103oz ----> £3610.74oz for a bullion ish sovereign, with a crown 

SOTD 

Still think they’ll do well. Don’t imagine too many coming up for sale once the initial flip has occurred. Only 1250 of them so reckon they’ll grow over time. At least I hope so anyway. I’d hazard a guess the proofs will be a higher mintage to satisfy all those that missed out on the SOTD, thus keeping the rarity of the SOTD Sov at a premium

12 minutes ago, FourNinesFine said:

🤯  When you put it like that.

If wonger was right and $400oz is due soon, it will look a lot worse if pawning today's SOTD at cash converters to pay your leccy bill. And they offer you 50% of spot against it 

Edited by Paul

19 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Still think they’ll do well. Don’t imagine too many coming up for sale once the initial flip has occurred. Only 1250 of them so reckon they’ll grow over time. At least I hope so anyway. I’d hazard a guess the proofs will be a higher mintage to satisfy all those that missed out on the SOTD, thus keeping the rarity of the SOTD Sov at a premium

I'm just moaning for sake of moaning. It ticks all the boxes to be a very desirable, in demand and converted piece.  I will snag a 70 graded at some stage in next year for the stack

Edited by Paul

3 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

For the non precious metal coins does anyone know what kind of packaging the BU Cupronickel coins normally come in? Tempted to get my dad a 50p/Crown (silver Proof wouldn't be appreciated by him). Is it normally in the plastic envelope type things?

The pictures show a card that you open like a birthday card

46 minutes ago, Paul said:

£850 /  7.322g = £116.09gr X 31.103oz ----> £3610.74oz for a bullion ish sovereign, with a crown 

SOTD 

I think i could pre-sell one on a certain FB group for around £1,100 in 5 minutes. People are that annoyed they have missed out.

2 minutes ago, SiCole said:

I think i could pre-sell one on a certain FB group for around £1,100 in 5 minutes. People are that annoyed they have missed out.

More than likely, I'm on bookfarce to, always keeping eyes and open

No bitterness from here, I missed out. But cant win on all releases 

SOTD It ticks all the boxes to hold its value and rise. Will be a slow burner given RRP to do well year on year, in long term, once graded and in its ms70 tomb 

Some of the others may surprise in auction once graded up 

Dark horse 2oz gold to do ok

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

' Anti fraud ' yet you can spend with Tesco, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, sports direct, JD sports, ASOS, just eat, Uber eats etc it always goes through without a sniff 

It's okay they self enforce purchase limits so it can't be fraudulent... 

10 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

Did anyone go for or get a 2oz gold in their baskets??

Can't afford one but BBP still have them for those that can: https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/2023-king-charles-iii-coronation-coin-range/2023-2oz-king-charles-iii-coronation-proof-gold-coin-boxed/

Looks like the Mint have sold out of everything except the silver 1oz (base metal excluded). Quite a success given how flat most recent launches seem to have been! Start of a revival or just a special one off?

1 minute ago, StackToCollect said:

Looks like the Mint have sold out of everything except the silver 1oz (base metal excluded). Quite a success given how flat most recent launches seem to have been! Start of a revival or just a special one off?

Personally, I think that a large part of the reason is that they also cut the mintages on this release.  Considering the numbers for the memorial collection and that it didn't sell out before Xmas as expected as well as recent launches seemly a littler flat - although a caveat there is that most still sold out within a few days...

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, StackToCollect said:

Can't afford one but BBP still have them for those that can: https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/2023-king-charles-iii-coronation-coin-range/2023-2oz-king-charles-iii-coronation-proof-gold-coin-boxed/

My gut feeling is that it's a one off.  Collectors have been waiting for this release because of its historical significance and a better shot at flipping what they bought.  The rest of the Sovereigns will be the next big thing, particularly the sets.  The sets are not for me, but I'll go for a proof when it's released.

For this release, I got a 50p piedfort silver, £5 piedfort silver, 2 oz. silver ounce, and a SOTD Sovereign.