• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Forum threads and etiquette

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I'm all for more of that:

Root Mean Square Deviation (RMSD) is the most commonly used quantitative measure of the similarity between two superimposed atomic coordinates. RMSD values are presented in Å and calculated by. R M S D = 1 n ∑ i = 1 n d i 2.

Maths rules, OK?

😎

Go square yourself 🫢🤔!

Whilst we are on the subject of etiquette and I am assuming because we all collect coins of a valuable nature that we are all of similar age.

I would like to bring up the over use of emojis. Now the other day I managed to upset someone at work when I said "that I never trust a man that uses emojis" but I don't see the point unless you are still of school age and air a bit of lazyness and a bit of giggly teenage humour.

Surely this is a place of business where thousands of pounds exchange hands, is this the place for smiley winky clown faces. 

Oh and giffs, they can do one as well.

13 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I had a sale post totally derailed a few months back and I still have the item that I wish I’d sold.

Personally I would say that it didn't sell because there wasn't interest, simple as.

While I find it annoying myself at times that sale threads descend into chaos, if I open one for buying something that I found interesting I might scroll down the first page to check if there is anything relevant, but then usually ignore anything else and skip to what's needed, message the seller to ask if it's still available. If a bit of banter in the thread puts me off the buy, I never wanted it and was merely looking for an excuse not to.

If anything, a bit of banter in the thread could probably help you out with visibility as it would keep it higher above other less active threads and avoid moving to page 2. If it moves to page 3 you get tatas.

In the end, if you feel that the comments are really inappropriate, feel free to use the report functionality, Chris has stated several times that he obviously does not have the time to monitor everything, even if tagged he might ignore it, but if you report the relevant post he will review it.

image.thumb.png.43f911ce50f89ae4aec1be57813e639f.png

Not that I am advocating for reporting Sir Lawrence of Chard, even thought would bring him much goodwill offering some free shipping, he is the last poster before me and I wanted to point out the functionality.

Edited by LemmyMcGregor

1 hour ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Personally I would say that it didn't sell because there wasn't interest, simple as.

While I find it annoying myself at times that sale threads descend into chaos, if I open one for buying something that I found interesting I might scroll down the first page to check if there is anything relevant, but then usually ignore anything else and skip to what's needed, message the seller to ask if it's still available. If a bit of banter in the thread puts me off the buy, I never wanted it and was merely looking for an excuse not to.

If anything, a bit of banter in the thread could probably help you out with visibility as it would keep it higher above other less active threads and avoid moving to page 2. If it moves to page 3 you get tatas.

In the end, if you feel that the comments are really inappropriate, feel free to use the report functionality, Chris has stated several times that he obviously does not have the time to monitor everything, even if tagged he might ignore it, but if you report the relevant post he will review it.

image.thumb.png.43f911ce50f89ae4aec1be57813e639f.png

Not that I am advocating for reporting Sir Lawrence of Chard, even thought would bring him much goodwill offering some free shipping, he is the last poster before me and I wanted to point out the functionality.

I understand that what I was selling didn’t sell because there wasn’t any interest at the time. Not everything does sell here and I’ve seen many sale posts withdrawn. You win some, you loose some, usually on a boat.

Thanks and I know how to report a post but I’ve never reported a comment on a sales post on any of mine or anyone else’s sale posts. I haven’t needed or wanted to.

I suppose we can’t all agree about everything all of the time but you do make some good points.

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

I understand that what I was selling didn’t sell because there wasn’t any interest at the time. Not everything does sell here and I’ve seen many sale posts withdrawn. You win some, you loose some, usually on a boat.

Thanks and I know how to report a post but I’ve never reported a comment on a sales post on any of mine or anyone else’s sale posts. I haven’t needed or wanted to.

I suppose we can’t all agree about everything all of the time but you do make some good points.

Hopefully I'm not being nosey ( curiosity is killing me lol) what was the item? 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I don't usually have much of a life expectancy on discussion forums, but the banter and general good natured interaction minus toxicity on this forum has kept me here...  Yes, certain topics attract certain people, and those same people tend to avoid other topics which don't really interest them.  So what.

For my part, I'll still stick around for a while yet and if I see a coin or a collection for sale which really jumps out at me or if I have a connection to it from my own little collection I might comment on it even if I have no intention of purchasing.  Again, I have to say  so what.

Why should anyone be offended by this..??

Oh, and one other thing : if I happen to get my tinfoil hat on from time to time,  again I can only offer "So what"  !

😎

Edited by flyingveepixie

Just now, flyingveepixie said:

Why should anyone be offended by this..??

Exactly everyone loves a good ole trumpet!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

Away from forum, ive got a four gold medal badges of honour having my account suspended & removal of ability to comment on Daily Mail articles in past ten years  🥇🥇🥇🥇

@GoldDiggerDave you would be proud of me 

i was banned for 6 months from Wikipedia once....... its a great feeling

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

43 minutes ago, Paul said:

Away from forum, ive got a four gold medal badges of honour having my account suspended & removal of ability to comment on Daily Mail articles in past ten years  🥇🥇🥇🥇

@GoldDiggerDave you would be proud of me 

LOL nothing like triggering the DM brigade!!!  I dare anyone to ask them how’s it going since they voted for Brexit!  🤣🤣🤣 it’s so funny.   

19 minutes ago, Gordy said:

what's the DM Brigade?

14 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Daily Mail Brigade.........It's so easy to trigger them.  

A stereotypical Daily Mail Brigade reader - would be in hogs heaven reading articles like this every day from their chocolate box cottage in leafy middle England 

DM.jpg