• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Forum threads and etiquette

10 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I enjoy doing small deals for a few thousand pounds each with people who are pleasant and happy, with a sense of humour.

It's much more satisfying than doing multi-million pound deals with miserable outfits with no sense of humour!

😎 😎 😎

That's probably the best promotion I have seen you do yet. Will have to take the family on a trip to Blackpool and pay the store a visit. 😉

• 1 month later...

İf a post is super serious, I won't say anything unless I plan on buying it, an example would be something like: 

MS70 Hello Kitty İsland Adventure 1oz silver. 

No offers, price is fixed. 

Dispatches next day

However, if someone decides to implement humour in their listing, perhaps something like: 

Pants down, dropped the soap. Bend down and get this cracking deal. Don't forget to bring handcuffs because you're robbing me blind at this price. 

Then I will engage with it because it is encouraging banter. 

At the end of the day, we are sending money or goods to people we've never met, I don't know what anyone looks like, I've never met any of you. The conversation on posts allows me to get familiar with members and gives me a level of familiarity and trust. 

I'd rather buy something from the person with 10 feedback, who I see active around the forum, than a guy with 50 who only comes on to sell things.

30 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Will anyone mind if I start grading Pokémon card? 

There's quite the market to be fair, I personally wouldn't buy any, I feel skeptical jumping in and seeing it as an avenue to make gains on. At least gold and silver have intrinsic value and have been well regarded for 2000 years. 

Remember pogs? What if people lose interest in the pokemon cards 😅 

1 hour ago, Solachesis said:

There's quite the market to be fair, I personally wouldn't buy any, I feel skeptical jumping in and seeing it as an avenue to make gains on. At least gold and silver have intrinsic value and have been well regarded for 2000 years. 

It's the sort of thing that is a labour of love. You have to be in it for years to be able to see any value. I have a mate at work that pays a subscription to Topps in USA and gets boxes of them early. Not Pokémon but star wars, premier league and loads of others. I think they recently lost the contract for baseball. Him and his missus goes through them and sorts them out in value, they can range between £10 and £1000 depending on rarity. I did think about giving it a go but you have to care about them in the first place to understand the market. 

My son collected Pokémon cards and has a friend who apparently had access to boxes of them (retail).  Allegedly he weighed individual packets on very accurate scales and could select out ones that were special and had holograms.  I’m skeptical but the boy did have a very large amount of rare Pokémon (genuine) that he was always selling.   

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 minute ago, dicker said:

My son collected Pokémon cards and has a friend who apparently had access to boxes of them (retail).  Allegedly he weighed individual packets on very accurate scales and could select out ones that were special and had holograms.  I’m skeptical but the boy did have a very large amount of rare Pokémon (genuine) that he was always selling.   

I remember wanting to buy a charizard on its own and the store owner passed me a pack from the pile of Pokémon card booster pack things and told me to trust him, and lo and behold, a shiny charizard. I thought he was a wizard, and before anyone says anything - no every pack didn't come with a charizard, they were still an uncommon card, which he was selling in his album for £20 alone 

• 4 months later...
On 09/10/2022 at 22:07, Leonmarsh said:

Does anyone else think the forum has gone a bit stupid with long threads of people talking rubbish when they are trying to sell or auction a coin ?

Here goes the next comment 

How many in a tube is it free postage and I would buy it but I'm skint 

Hello! I understand your frustration with long, irrelevant threads on forums, especially when you're trying to buy or sell something. It's important to keep discussions on-topic to ensure that everyone involved can get the information they need and make informed decisions. As for the next comment you mentioned, it's understandable that someone might be interested in buying a coin but not have the funds to do so at the moment. However, it's important to remember that this type of comment doesn't really contribute to the conversation and could be better handled through a private message to the seller.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 14:35, Solachesis said:

Pogs and Tazos... That's a blast from the past. I had a full set of Star Wars ones, can still buy a full set for £5-£20. So they held their value well! 🤣