• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

Just to add my tuppence worth to this (groan) - I have ordered the 1oz Silver proof which will probably have a mintage of zillions. But I am not buying it to flog it - just to collect it. 

Oh yeah - when I logged on the queue was 61k. 

Edited by Cogload

On 04/10/2022 at 02:19, apachebleu said:

I think in January when these are delivered and people already struggling with bills now are facing the reality of paying for Xmas and those living month to month have spent there early December pay the market will be flooded with these.

<snip> …

☝️☝️☝️ This…. 😏

I will be genuinely happier finding one in change than giving the RM a penny of my money. This launch is nothing but a cash in.  If they wanted everyone to have these coins why did they not produce an unlimited 3 coin base metal set for £35?

The unlimited proof coins on the secondary market might just be worth spot plus the box.  The £1,195.00 gold 50p is not worth more than £720 delivered, the silver 50p worth around £13 delivered the 1oz silvers £25 at most and thats if the silver is pristine and is not milk spotting or toning.

Only good thing if PM's go to the moon and double in price the gold will make a return at melt, but even if silver doubles all the silvers will be still worth a lot less then people paid even if silver quadrupled in price it still won't be worth what people have paid for the unlimited slivers.  

Not everyone wants to flip coins for a profit either within days or months of ownership. We now have a king, lots of people want a coin from the start of his reign to keep as a souvenir. I haven’t bought anything (yet), but if I did, then the coins would be saved for the two granddaughters. Wait for the circulated 50p? Probably be a while before seeing one once in circulation as they will know doubt be taken out as souvenirs. No doubt attitudes will change when the sovereigns start appearing and everyone is scooping them up.

5 minutes ago, Petra said:

Not everyone wants to flip coins for a profit either within days or months of ownership. We now have a king, lots of people want a coin from the start of his reign to keep as a souvenir. I haven’t bought anything (yet), but if I did, then the coins would be saved for the two granddaughters. Wait for the circulated 50p? Probably be a while before seeing one once in circulation as they will know doubt be taken out as souvenirs. No doubt attitudes will change when the sovereigns start appearing and everyone is scooping them up.

Just don’t get the silvers then because you know the will milk spot and tone, RM silver should be sold with a best before date. 

These coins are beautiful.....and historic.  Glad I was able to order them at a price a few pounds below RRP.

I read that there will be a Type 1 and Type 2 2023 Britannia.  The Type 1 will have the effigy of QEII and will be limited.  They Type 2 will have the effigy of King Charles.  Another keeper set.

8 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Just don’t get the silvers then because you know the will milk spot and tone, RM silver should be sold with a best before date. 

Absolutely. I don't mind spending fifty quid on the odd bit of RM silver, but would never, ever, ever spend serious money on it. I'm less concerned with silver that's, say 5 years old, if its OK then the chances are it will stay that way. But new RM proof silver - it's a hassle I don't need.

Just glancing at the RM site again for the first time since Monday and I see that 'Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2022 UK 10oz Silver Proof Coin' limited Edition of 1,000 is still available to order. I could have sworn that when I last looked on Monday they were 'No Longer Available'. Anyway, just a a heads up in case everyone's thinking the limited edition stuff had all sold out.

Edited by timsk

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2oz+gold+coin+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sop=10

A few who snagged the 2oz gold are trying to flip em on FeeBay - £10k, £10k, £15k & £19.5k

See if they get any nibbles/bites 

I've just offered £500 for the 10oz Silver Proof coin!

😄

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2022 UK 10oz Silver Proof Memorial Coin Pre-Order

3 hours ago, JeffM said:

I wish you the best of luck.  Let us know how it goes.

Curiously Jeff, my offer has been 'declined'. I can't imagine why! 😆

The seller is an out 'n out chancer. There's someone else offering the 5oz version who's 'only' asking about £800. At least those coins are no longer available from the RM and so, with a fair wind and strong demand, I can see that price at least has the potential of being realised. Maybe! 

32 minutes ago, timsk said:

Curiously Jeff, my offer has been 'declined'. I can't imagine why! 😆

The seller is an out 'n out chancer. There's someone else offering the 5oz version who's 'only' asking about £800. At least those coins are no longer available from the RM and so, with a fair wind and strong demand, I can see that price at least has the potential of being realised. Maybe! 

Maybe I should offer him £5.50?

On 03/10/2022 at 12:41, GoldDiggerDave said:

@paulmerton read above it’s taken at point of purchase not dispatch like they normally do🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

0% loan to the RM for over 2 months! 

It's ended up going the way it normally does, so nobody should be in a situation where they are loaning RM any money.

All of the pending payments appeared on my card transaction history at the time of purchase, as normal. Today, all of those pending payments have disappeared, so the money won't actually come off my card balance until dispatch. That's how it normally works, so I suspect the warning about payment being taken at the point of purchase was just because there would be a lot of people assuming they wouldn't even need the funds available until several weeks later.

I know many of you have already made the case against the new commemorative coins issued in unlimited numbers. Interesting to note, I read this article and thought of you guys. So the feeling is mainstream.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/reign-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-has-ended-but-rare-coins-and-banknotes-with-her-image-are-a-lasting-legacy-whose-values-are-expected-to-grow/ar-AA12K0aJ?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4170186

6. The design of the said five pound, two pound, sovereign, half-sovereign and quarter-sovereign gold coins shall be as follows:

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· CHARLES III · DEI · GRA · REX · FID · DEF ”, and for the reverse a depiction of Our Royal Arms and the date of the year. The coin shall have either a plain or grained edge.’

Variant sovereign 2023 incoming ! 

Get in the queue now :) 

published October 7th 

56 minutes ago, SidS said:

I know many of you have already made the case against the new commemorative coins issued in unlimited numbers. Interesting to note, I read this article and thought of you guys. So the feeling is mainstream.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/reign-of-queen-elizabeth-ii-has-ended-but-rare-coins-and-banknotes-with-her-image-are-a-lasting-legacy-whose-values-are-expected-to-grow/ar-AA12K0aJ?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

I have no doubt the value of these coins will rise in due course. And for ‘real’ collectors I suspect they are a must. But I can’t get past how ugly/wrong the efffigy of the Queen is. Just looks almost comical! I had two of the limited editions in the basket. I didn’t purchase and will stick to bullion but wish all those who purchased well. It’s about the collection after all. 

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Plain or grained... That’s another £10k+ 70 limit piedfort plain edge set then….?!? 😕

Yup thought the same to. The great unwashed general public royal mint cash cow  is ripe for milking again in 2023 ..........mmmmmooooooooooo ! 

See if they continue the unlimited mintage shenanigans like last Monday ?? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-UK-2022-Her-Majesty-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Gold-Proof-Memorial-Coin-2oz-/125548073954

The first flipped Charles/QE memorial 2oz gold ended earlier today 

Made £4,822 (reserve not met), RRP at launch was £5,455 

£633 short of RRP and less ebay fees/commissions if it sold 

Not a bidding war for it that's for sure 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-UK-2022-Her-Majesty-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Gold-Proof-Memorial-Coin-2oz-/125548073954

The first flipped Charles/QE memorial 2oz gold ended earlier today 

Made £4,822 (reserve not met), RRP at launch was £5,455 

£633 short of RRP and less ebay fees/commissions if it sold 

Not a bidding war for it that's for sure 

🤮