• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

19 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

He doesn't have the coin in hand: "COIN WILL BE DISPATCHED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIVING FROM THE MINT"

And he apparently has 3 up for sale... £9,995 £14,995 and £19,500 !!! :D 

Such bargain prices!  How is he even making any money?  I may buy all 3!!

19 hours ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-UK-2022-Her-Majesty-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Gold-Proof-Memorial-Coin-2oz-/125548073954

The first flipped Charles/QE memorial 2oz gold ended earlier today 

Made £4,822 (reserve not met), RRP at launch was £5,455 

£633 short of RRP and less ebay fees/commissions if it sold 

Not a bidding war for it that's for sure 

They relisted it. 

Looks like it anyway.

34 minutes ago, Paul said:

all gold 2oz and larger was limited mintage and the larger silver (forget which size sorry) had a max mintage to 

the rest are open mintage until end of this calendar year

28 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They reset the artificial starting totals at some point so it wouldn't be possible unless you were regularly monitoring it.

Thanks!  I’m still on the fence about the 50p coins. 🫤

28 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Wait until spring 2023 you'll most likely get a graded 70 for less than the list RRP

I've little doubt 

If past releases this year are anything to go by, even more likely with the one being unlimited for three months 

38 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Unless you are talking about the gold 50p, the silvers are not all that expensive.  Just get off the fence, open your wallet, and support your local RM!  They will appreciate it immensely as they package your damaged coin for delivery in January!

4 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

I see they've released the date for the coronation, 6th May, any guesses as to what coins they are likely to release for it?

No doubt there will be lots to choose from, overtime at the Royal Mint and a SOTD sovereign must be a certainty.

I don’t think they can do an SotD as Coronation Day would be a holiday, right?

My thinking is they will release a limited mintage, plain edge range of Sovereigns for the Coronation.

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Wait until spring 2023 you'll most likely get a graded 70 for less than the list RRP

I've little doubt 

If past releases this year are anything to go by, even more likely with the one being unlimited for three months 

Since I’m not a 50p collector, and I can’t make up my own mind, I’ll take your advice on this one. 🙂

11 hours ago, JeffM said:

Unless you are talking about the gold 50p, the silvers are not all that expensive.  Just get off the fence, open your wallet, and support your local RM!  They will appreciate it immensely as they package your damaged coin for delivery in January!

Yeah the gold 50p. I’ve never bought any before and have been heehawing since release.

I’m going to take Paul’s advice and wait it out. 🙂

13 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Yeah the gold 50p. I’ve never bought any before and have been heehawing since release.

I’m going to take Paul’s advice and wait it out. 🙂

I'm thinking of buying it, too.  If I do, I will go to a dealer that sells it for slightly less than RRP.

Screenshot 2022-10-13 091956.jpg

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 3 weeks later...

A dealer is selling Strike Your Own QEII memorial coins with King Charles on the obverse.  These were struck at the RM Experience and are mounted in the typical SYO card.  Is this common for a dealer to sell these?  I have not seen these at a dealer before, but I think it's pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, JeffM said:

A dealer is selling Strike Your Own QEII memorial coins with King Charles on the obverse.  These were struck at the RM Experience and are mounted in the typical SYO card.  Is this common for a dealer to sell these?  I have not seen these at a dealer before, but I think it's pretty cool.

It's not that common, especially for newer ones. How much are they charging over the £7.50 it would have cost as part of the tour?

Most seem to be sold by locals who go there every day, pay for the coins without bothering to go on the tour, and then stick them on eBay. I guess it is a handy option if you can't easily get there and want one, but you are only really paying for the packaging at the end of the day. If you didn't actually strike it yourself, there's nothing particularly special about the coin itself and it would work out cheaper to buy the same striking standard in the regular Royal Mint bunc packaging for £11; or if it's only the coin you're after then you can get it for less than a fiver from a few places. Or if you don't mind a few bumps and scratches, there'll be circulating versions coming out in our change next month and I'll be hoping to get a few of those!

20 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It's not that common, especially for newer ones. How much are they charging over the £7.50 it would have cost as part of the tour?

Most seem to be sold by locals who go there every day, pay for the coins without bothering to go on the tour, and then stick them on eBay. I guess it is a handy option if you can't easily get there and want one, but you are only really paying for the packaging at the end of the day. If you didn't actually strike it yourself, there's nothing particularly special about the coin itself and it would work out cheaper to buy the same striking standard in the regular Royal Mint bunc packaging for £11; or if it's only the coin you're after then you can get it for less than a fiver from a few places. Or if you don't mind a few bumps and scratches, there'll be circulating versions coming out in our change next month and I'll be hoping to get a few of those!

£27.50 total cost.  This is one of those memorial 50p coins with King Charles' effigy on the obverse.  It's marketed as the first with the King Charles effigy.  The coin is in stock and available now.

Edited by JeffM

14 minutes ago, JeffM said:

£27.50 total cost.  This is one of those memorial 50p coins with King Charles' effigy on the obverse.  It's marketed as he first with the King Charles effigy.  The coin is in stock and available now.

Bonkers. My son and I visited the RM in the summer and ‘minted’ the Commonwealth 50p. It is SOOO flawed 😂 Great day out though

I think the current RM experience SYO coin is Winnie the Pooh and friends 50p with QEII on the obverse? That Charles obverse SYO doesn't sound legit to me.

I know with those SYO coins you can flip them on ebay and basically get the price of admission into the RM experience covered.

1 minute ago, GoldStatue said:

I think the current RM experience SYO coin is Winnie the Pooh and friends 50p with QEII on the obverse? That Charles obverse SYO doesn't sound legit to me.

I know with those SYO coins you can flip them on ebay and basically get the price of admission into the RM experience covered.

No, the SYO changed to the QEII Memorial 50p with Charles obverse on 28 October and will be running until 20 November, after which I expect it will change to the Snowman and Snowdog 50p.

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

No, the SYO changed to the QEII Memorial 50p with Charles obverse on 28 October and will be running until 20 November, after which I expect it will change to the Snowman and Snowdog 50p.

Ah I didn't realise it had changed!

I think they are limited to one SYO per person per day to stop people from cashing in on them, so I guess the dealer must have sent his extended family to Wales last weekend to build up his stock 😀

9 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

Ah I didn't realise it had changed!

I think they are limited to one SYO per person per day to stop people from cashing in on them, so I guess the dealer must have sent his extended family to Wales last weekend to build up his stock 😀

They limited the Pooh SYOs to one per person at one point because they were running low on packaging, but it is normally 2. I heard the limit was 3 on the current one but I haven't been there myself yet.