• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

54 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

Horrible portrait of the Queen on all the coins IMO, so big pass for me.

I thought the Royal Mint collaborated with the London Mint with these portaits. They're terrible.

I managed to get a silver proof 50p but card payment crashed, eventually went through after five attempts.

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

I hope not. Some exclusivity would indeed be good because that’s also the fun of collecting especially when paying a premium.

Exactly if they wanted every one to have them they should have done silver bullion coins for £28 each……this is a cash in by the RM

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

Summer & Winter Games prepared me for my adolescence🤣

And the loading time between the different disciplines prepared me for today's RM queue

I remember putting the tape in and having to rewind it, then start the loading. While that was happening I'd go and have a shower, have me tea and then go back upstairs to wait the last 5-10 mins and wait for the lines on the screen to stop flashing to signal the loading was completed. Those were the days 🤣

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Exactly if they wanted every one to have them they should have done silver bullion coins for £28 each……this is a cash in by the RM

Agree, this is why I couldnt make sense of what to buy.  Its bullion scale but not bullion price, I guess they have gone that way because of the global retail appeal (also keeping hold of the money for so long wont hurt)

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I remember putting the tape in and having to rewind it, then start the loading. While that was happening I'd go and have a shower, have me tea and then go back upstairs to wait the last 5-10 mins and wait for the lines on the screen to stop flashing to signal the loading was completed. Those were the days 🤣

🤣🤣

I remember as a kid the first days me never turned my eyes off the screen, while loading. And good things always coming back. Remember your first RM queue as a grown man?

Even today I'm shouting at home "only 46732 people in front of me for unlimited coins with questionable QEII portraits on them". And it's holiday in Germany, everybody is home. You should see my family's faces

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

🤣🤣

I remember as a kid the first days me never turned my eyes off the screen, while loading. And good things always coming back. Remember your first RM queue as a grown man?

Even today I'm shouting at home "only 46732 people in front of me for unlimited coins with questionable QEII portraits on them". And it's holiday in Germany, everybody is home. You should see my family's faces

Out of reactions so backups for now.... 🤣

Surely thier email subscriber list is swelling, with the ability drum up demand, I wonder if they take this approach to mintages on the 2023 Soverigns too. Probably safer for investor collectors to go big this year.

31 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

... unless your volume on the tape deck was set wrong, in which case, you'd have to rewind the tape, adjust the volume and try again! 😳

1 minute ago, Scootermuppet said:

... unless your volume on the tape deck was set wrong, in which case, you'd have to rewind the tape, adjust the volume and try again! 😳

🤣

3 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

11.06 AM and still 64k people waiting 🤯

image.thumb.png.b4d53c2dce638b9dd2ea69b0daa905bc.png

That queue though..... Jeewhiz!!

13 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

🤣

That queue though..... Jeewhiz!!

... wonder how many are seeing the 'Unlimited Mintage til end of December" bit and thinking  "sod that for a game of soldiers..." as we (seemingly) all have  🤔

Or conversely, how many are blissfully unaware of what that means, and buying anyway? Without realising that if mintages are high, future value is likely to be low? Or are they buying just because they just want a memento?

1 minute ago, Scootermuppet said:

Without realising that if mintages are high, future value is likely to be low? Or are they buying just because they just want a memento?

Hard to justify the premium with this in mind, all i could think was that this would take up a lot of room to store and may not be worth it.  As a memento it didnt have that much appeal 

2 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

... wonder how many are seeing the 'Unlimited Mintage til end of December" bit and thinking  "sod that for a game of soldiers..." as we (seemingly) all have  🤔

Or conversely, how many are blissfully unaware of what that means, and buying anyway? Without realising that if mintages are high, future value is likely to be low? Or are they buying just because they just want a memento?

Big question for me is, why all of them are going to buy today. And why did I joy the queue today? Most are mint to order till end of the year, so enough time...

Just now, Zeuk said:

Hard to justify the premium with this in mind, all i could think was that this would take up a lot of room to store and may not be worth it.  As a memento it didnt have that much appeal 

True enough...

Will probably just get a BU 50p at some stage - I do like the design -  to keep my collection of those current, but won't be buying a proof - or any of the other coins either - will be using my PM funds for more Gold - probably Sovs, and, most likely bullion Gillicks or maybe bullion 2022's if they haven't gone mad on the asking price...🤔

4 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Big question for me is, why all of them are going to buy today. And why did I joy the queue today? Most are mint to order till end of the year, so enough time...

I'm betting they are mostly 'Joe / Josephine Public' -  blissfully unaware of the importance / meaning of that "unlimited Mintage Window" - we all are because we know what it means!

7 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

First release label? 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip