• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

On the plus side, yesterday  I bought t a lovely pf70 2022 half sovereign jubilee sovereign from @SovereignBishop here on the.forum for the cheapest market price, to look forward to arriving tomorrow..

stacking life goes on and not all releases are winners like this one launching today 

What is really annoying is when I got in, the 5oz proofs were still available at £570

But me being new to all this didn’t make the obvious observation of them being limited to 5000, so didn’t buy one 🤦🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, for those of you stuck in the black hole that is the RM Queue or indeed just in but frozen in time on the event horizon that is RM checkout when swamped, here's my summary and take:

What's available

• There are going to be PLENTY of these coins in both BU and Proof for both gold and silver. 
  • The £5 & 50p's will ALL be made to order. The "Ounce" category will also have unlimited numbers for certain weights
  • Summary: DON'T PANIC - In due course you will be able to get something.

What's worth buying

• If you want something that is to be part of history and something that will be a keepsake then any of the unlimited coins fit that category. Plenty of weights, designs and budgets to choose from. 
  • These probably won't be very profitable as flippers. 
  • In 25 years time they could be valuable to some collectors though.
  • Bare in mind the large mintage numbers will make them less so.
  • Summary: Buy for enjoyment and being a part of history.

What's not available

• Good chance then when the dust of the RM website settles there will be very few if any of the Limted Edition Presentations available.
  • Those lucky people that got one will no doubt see some high flipping potential for these in the coming months. 

When will you get the coins

• So, differently to other releases the Royal Mint are taking payment at checkout and KEEPING the money until they dispatch. 
  • Normally you find the money reappears in your account and then they recharge you later. 
  • I suspect that they have a fair few issues with changed cards or people with not enough money so they want to avoid this. 
  • Be prepared for a long wait for these coins. 
  • The best estimates are by the end of January 2023 at this point. 

That's about it for now!

Or dont buy today - and ill be quietly confident waiting until Feb/March 23  there'll be loads already graded as 70s and selling for less than the RRP today 

They have managed to balls this up fur flippers and collectors alike…….their cancellations will be off the scale once most have paid for Christmas……..16 weeks and unlimited mintages for almost all coins is a big mistake.  

mare we gonna have this for all KCIII coins? Tudor beast, monarchs, sovereigns? 

I’ve just spent more in lidi than I have with the RM today