• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

27 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Whatever happens it will always be worth much more than £1185.

It is special in just so many ways.

I know what you mean mate, I got the 2023 gold Tudor beast bullion coins delivered and it was sad to realise it’s likely to be the last 2023coin with QEII portrait. 

I do genuinely hope there is a commemorative QEII coin or medal. 

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I know what you mean mate, I got the 2023 gold Tudor beast bullion coins delivered and it was sad to realise it’s likely to be the last 2023coin with QEII portrait. 

I do genuinely hope there is a commemorative QEII coin or medal. 

I’m sure there will be, but of course with KCIII obverse. 

46 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@FlorinCollectorwhat about the monarch series and the 2026 QEII coin……..think it’s 2026 off the top of my head might as well stand in the queue for that one now! 

It’s kinda sad - I think everyone believed HM QE would break a few more records, and it seemed like the 2026 end to the British Monarchs series was almost planned to coincide with HM’s 100th birthday.

Now it will be a very special tribute coin with KC III on the obverse.

Just for the record, Prince Philip died in April 2021 and the RM issued a commemorative £5 in June that year.

Perhaps because that was the month he would have turned 100.

I suppose if the RM wants to pick a nostalgic time to release a commemorative coin for QE II, April 2023 might be nice since that’s her birth month?

Having said that, Prince Philip’s commemorative coin didn’t do so well.

image.jpeg.5f0f0e6c7c4d245f0b4dd3bdc7d4e29d.jpeg
Several versions are still available.

https://www.royalmint.com/duke-of-edinburgh/

3 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

To take a screenshot of this thread a week ago and today what a difference of opinion 😂

Same with the 2022 proof sov. The difference a week makes. 

So true lol.... A couple weeks ago I struggled to sell my 3coin set. I would've had no trouble at all if I'd of waited just a bit longer. Probably could've made a few extra hundred quid from them with no issues. But then I probably would've been called out as some morally wrong flipper out to make a quick buck. Ah well. I might have a piedfort for sale at some point soon to help fund my wedding. 

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So true lol.... A couple weeks ago I struggled to sell my 3coin set. I would've had no trouble at all if I'd of waited just a bit longer. Probably could've made a few extra hundred quid from them with no issues. But then I probably would've been called out as some morally wrong flipper out to make a quick buck. Ah well. I might have a piedfort for sale at some point soon to help fund my wedding. 

In this current environment I do not care why anyone is angered by flippers. If you can make a quick flip on your timing vs someone else making a mistake I say go for it. Everyone takes a side and with the Piedfort it was buy and hold or the other side who claimed they could buy it in a few months under retail or that it would not sell out and it would perform very poorly. 

Those same people smashed that buy button as quick as they could on the day of passing. The ones who missed out have to pay a premium. I say put as much premium on it as you can because you were right and the market does not care about last weeks price. Those people were willing to sit on the other side and hopefully buy from you on the cheap so make them pay :) 

5 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

in this current environment I do not care why anyone is angered by flippers. If you can make a quick flip on your timing vs someone else making a mistake I say go for it.

Id be more worried about the people buying the stuff,Paying £230 for a annual set on ebay that was £60.

Ain't the mintage like in the milions lol,So will most likely drop back under £60 at a later date.

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

In this current environment I do not care why anyone is angered by flippers. If you can make a quick flip on your timing vs someone else making a mistake I say go for it. Everyone takes a side and with the Piedfort it was buy and hold or the other side who claimed they could buy it in a few months under retail or that it would not sell out and it would perform very poorly. 

Those same people smashed that buy button as quick as they could on the day of passing. The ones who missed out have to pay a premium. I say put as much premium on it as you can because you were right and the market does not care about last weeks price. Those people were willing to sit on the other side and hopefully buy from you on the cheap so make them pay :) 

I wanted to put the chuckle reaction to this message as well but you hit the nail on the head. Some will quite happily sit and wait for you to lose in their favour so they can take advantage of yo they smile about it as well, like we all would if we got a bargain. Take the Tudor beast silver 1ozs I have. I'd take a huge loss if I sold those right now but some would happily take them at my loss. Morality doesn't come into it then. 

The collector vrs stacker/flipper is quite a silly argument if you ask me ( what you mean you didn't ask?)

Buy a coin and hopefully sell for profit, tomorrow, next week or 10 years. Its how we continue ( all of us ) to move fekin forward.

Here's an idea.. can all the staunch "true" collector's sell me some of their prized older coins at RRP? Then I can become a collector just like you 😁 because I've heard more than once, the difference between a collector and flipper is profit! Let me join the good guys please😂

So for my collection I would like at original retail price, 

Una and the lion gold

sovereigns of all sizes from 1989

Proof gold completer 

Approx 20 x 1oz gold bullion coins from around the world cira 1990 prices.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Id be more worried about the people buying the stuff,Paying £230 for a annual set on ebay that was £60.

Ain't the mintage like in the milions lol,So will most likely drop back under £60 at a later date.

I have a few older annual sets and actually ordered this years (and next) off the RM web site this Saturday, normal price, all I have to do is wait a little for the order.😁 PS, was tenth in line, which went to me virtually immediately!

1 minute ago, James32 said:

The collector vrs stacker/flipper is quite a silly argument if you ask me ( what you mean you didn't ask?)

Buy a coin and hopefully sell for profit, tomorrow, next week or 10 years. Its how we continue ( all of us ) to move fekin forward.

Here's an idea.. can all the staunch "true" collector's sell me some of their prized older coins at RRP? Then I can become a collector just like you 😁 because I've heard more than once, the difference between a collector and flipper is profit! Let me join the good guys please😂

Una and the lion gold

£5 sovereigns of all sizes from 1989

Proof gold completer 

Thanks in advance. 

What about some of my silver … we could swap!🤔😁

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

I have a few older annual sets and actually ordered this years (and next) off the RM web site this Saturday, normal price, all I have to do is wait a little for the order.😁 PS, was tenth in line, which went to me virtually immediately!

Yeah can just wait and get one for £60 :P

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Una and the lion gold

£5 sovereigns of all sizes from 1989

Proof gold completer 

Thanks in advance. 

Leave some for us :( 

On 11/09/2022 at 11:12, FlorinCollector said:

To take a screenshot of this thread a week ago and today what a difference of opinion 😂

Same with the 2022 proof sov. The difference a week makes. 

What's the difference with the proof Sov bud?

I thought they had been a hit from the start (?)

Edited by kimchi

2 hours ago, blackadder said:

I think the mintage is unlimited, just as many as they can produce in the time-frame they've got to fulfill orders.

I've ordered a couple and am not sure on this one. I might reduce it to one as a keepsake (or, more likely, send one back if the hype has gone - which I think it will have in three months when delivery is due - if they can produce enough).

I'm thinking that collectors will already have this, and there's presently huge extra demand (and therefore huge extra supply in the future). I don't see these even holding value, unlike genuinely low mintage coins e.g. like some of the RAFs, and the sublime Jane Austen from a few years back.

Also, when those born this century come of age, cash and coins may already be a thing of the past. Certainly by the next generation they will be gone, so is there even a future market at all, or are these just 'flavour of the month' for now? I think they probably are.

Any thoughts @BackyardBullion and others?

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think the mintage is unlimited, just as many as they can produce in the time-frame they've got to fulfill orders.

I've ordered a couple and am not sure on this one. I might reduce it to one as a keepsake (or, more likely, send one back if the hype has gone - which I think it will have in three months when delivery is due - if they can produce enough).

I'm thinking that collectors will already have this, and there's presently huge extra demand (and therefore huge extra supply in the future). I don't see these even holding value, unlike genuinely low mintage coins e.g. like some of the RAFs, and the sublime Jane Austen from a few years back.

Also, when those born this century come of age, cash and coins may already be a thing of the past. Certainly by the next generation they will be gone, so is there even a future market at all, or are these just 'flavour of the month' for now? I think they probably are.

Any thoughts @BackyardBullion and others?

For £60 to have as something as a memento for 70 years dedication and service I don't even care if it makes money. I just want it for a part of history!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion