• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Tudor Beast Lion of England 2022 BU

Maybe it is just me but the fingers and toes creep me out. I don't know if it is the shape of them or if it is the fact that theres only three of them. They look like they are from an alien.

As for the ears, they look like they are from Tony the cereal tiger.

The tail also looks weird to me. Why are there three uniform tufts coming off of it? Does it have some rolling hills on it or rolling waves going down it or something?

Edited by ShadowTriad

11 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Had e mail from Gerrard's.

Bullion next week, as well as what I thought were ongoing payments for continuity Proof🤷??Screenshot_20220215-182954.thumb.png.6a0aec2d3ab005fe817660ad7758bc91.png

The continuity was a choice that not everyone would have gone for, the sweetener was the box with the second coin.

1 hour ago, Petra said:

The continuity was a choice that not everyone would have gone for, the sweetener was the box with the second coin.

see, now there is where the dilemma stands.... I have got the 2oz continuity plus box, now do i collect all of the bullion now we know its out there and sell my proofs and put the bullion in the box? or keep the proofs and box them and just collect the bullion as a nice set like I did with the QB's... or leave the bullion alone? its a big hmmm??? my choices will be made by Mr McKewan and Mrs Rioja I feel... with a helping hand from Miss 19 Crimes..... 😂🍷

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

see, now there is where the dilemma stands.... I have got the 2oz continuity plus box, now do i collect all of the bullion now we know its out there and sell my proofs and put the bullion in the box? or keep the proofs and box them and just collect the bullion as a nice set like I did with the QB's... or leave the bullion alone? its a big hmmm??? my choices will be made by Mr McKewan and Mrs Rioja I feel... with a helping hand from Miss 19 Crimes..... 😂🍷

Sell it all and buy more drink, I reckon. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 hours ago, Lr103 said:

I think the design is ok, and I certainly prefer the Queen's Beasts to this point as far as designs go, but I'm still buying the bullion.  I think it's very hard to go wrong at new release, even if you hate the design (assuming you want to buy metals, as you are still exposed to spot price changes).  As an example, here are the current prices at SDBullion (where I bought) for a single coin:

1oz gold 2022 Tudor Lion: $1,946.99

1oz gold 2022 Britannia: $1,952.70

1oz gold 2022 Eagle: $1,982.86

1oz gold 2022 Maple: $1,964.70

1oz gold 2022 Kangaroo: $1,952.70

You get an oz of gold (same story with the silver, and 1/4oz gold) for less than other bullion, plus a free embedded option that a premium will develop.  This was also true of every one of the Queen's Beasts...they were cheaper than other bullion at release, and of course a nice premium did in fact develop.  And if there is never a premium, this coin is not going to be worth less than other of the other coins above.  The other coins will also almost certainly not develop a premium.  So assuming you want exposure to gold or silver, I think these are a great buy.

Agreed. It'd be crazy to buy a standard bullion coin over these.

35 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Mckewans, is that still a thing ?

s-l400.jpg.a62887852d04f58e474d410517f954a0.jpg

Edited by NewCoins

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Is that 3 pizza's behind or did you snag more than one gothic crown😁

Haha, its frigging 150 39mm coin capsules for 1oz coins..... I'm prepping for the war.... I got one box off Amazon and they were a good fit and rimless so when they come i looked back on the order and he only had 3 left so i got them all 😂

So i now have approx 195 caps in my office haha

5 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Haha, its frigging 150 39mm coin capsules for 1oz coins..... I'm prepping for the war.... I got one box off Amazon and they were a good fit and rimless so when they come i looked back on the order and he only had 3 left so i got them all 😂

So i now have approx 195 caps in my office haha

You're buying all the gold, i'm gonna buy all the bloody capsules...... the Sun and the Mirror will be scaring the UK with pictures of empty shelves in coin capsule shops!!

35 minutes ago, YMC said:

So… my dealer from HK (not LPM) said there will not be bullion version of Panther. So no chance of collecting the whole series (?!)

doesn’t quite make sense to me though

Of course there will, what does he know!?