• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Tudor Beast Lion of England 2022 BU

46 minutes ago, ak74 said:

Actually I don't see anything strange - Proof and BU series will be issued on their own pace and, as we see, even with different design sequence...

Some people signed up to buy the proof series. The Mint has emailed them to say they will take the money for the next proof coin next week. The Mint hasn't actually shown people the coin or put a name to it. Yet we see dealers putting images of the bullion coin on their sites - a coin that isn't for sale yet.

This is a bit strange to me. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

19 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Some people signed up to buy the proof series. The Mint has emailed them to say they will take the money for the next proof coin next week. The Mint hasn't actually shown people the coin or put a name to it. Yet we see dealers putting images of the bullion coin on their sites - a coin that isn't for sale yet.

This is a bit strange to me. 

I didn't collect the queens beasts, but I think the bullion coins were in a different order. Someone can correct me on that.

But, I would agree, I would have expected for the proofs, the designs were under embargo.

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I didn't collect the queens beasts, but I think the bullion coins were in a different order. Someone can correct me on that.

But, I would agree, I would have expected for the proofs, the designs were under embargo.

Embargo - but still posted on dealer websites. Those running the Royal Mint really are clowns sometimes.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

33 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The Mint hasn't actually shown people the coin or put a name to it. Yet we see dealers putting images of the bullion coin on their sites - a coin that isn't for sale yet.

Agree, that's a bit "not right" to see the images of not yet officially announced coin. Maybe RM will announce this BU tomorrow, as Monday was "reserved" for FA Cup.

34 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Yes, QB's were also in different order. 

Not sure, if i like the lion much right now, but fits to the panther. I was expecting worst. 

The panther also took a while, now i like the design.

Edited by dikefalos

I'm quite liking these. To be fair, these panthers and lions are a truer representation of the original beasts at Hampton court than the Jodie Clark versions which had a more 'realistic' look to them. 

The Wizard of Oz lion though..🤣🤣 Great spot👍

3 x 1/4 Au and 2oz Ag for me.

3 x 1oz Au a bit steep twice a year unfortunately 😒

50 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

The bullion will sell maybe , the proof are still available in all sizes .

I will try and pick some proofs up at bullion prices at some point 👍

I guess, they will lower the mintage of some denominations at some point. 2, 5 and 10 OZ silver are sold out at the mint. The QB's was also a slowburner, the Tudors are pretty underrated, i guess. The 10 coin cuntinuity option is also a great Service, for the mint and the customer a good solution. No stress completing multiple sets, only for fun in the queue with a morning coffee. Monday will be a funny start for the day😅

19 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I guess, they will lower the mintage of some denominations at some point. 2, 5 and 10 OZ silver are sold out at the mint. The QB's was also a slowburner, the Tudors are pretty underrated, i guess. The 10 coin cuntinuity option is also a great Service, for the mint and the customer a good solution. No stress completing multiple sets, only for fun in the queue with a morning coffee. Monday will be a funny start for the day😅

image.png.8151ad7a3eea9be95ad2620f1922a91e.png

6 hours ago, sixgun said:

Still proofs of the panther available. i would have thought they would have all gone by now. i bet a sizable percentage of the coins have been bought by silver forum members.

I've finally given in, call it FOMO or whatever, going back and fourth - I've hit the button on the 1oz Ag Proof repeater whilst available.  I suspect the option maybe dropped once the Lion is released...

If they are inferior coins, wort's & all as many have faced I'll return and cancel the subscription... here's hoping not and the issues are being resolved.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

I think the design is ok, and I certainly prefer the Queen's Beasts to this point as far as designs go, but I'm still buying the bullion.  I think it's very hard to go wrong at new release, even if you hate the design (assuming you want to buy metals, as you are still exposed to spot price changes).  As an example, here are the current prices at SDBullion (where I bought) for a single coin:

1oz gold 2022 Tudor Lion: $1,946.99

1oz gold 2022 Britannia: $1,952.70

1oz gold 2022 Eagle: $1,982.86

1oz gold 2022 Maple: $1,964.70

1oz gold 2022 Kangaroo: $1,952.70

You get an oz of gold (same story with the silver, and 1/4oz gold) for less than other bullion, plus a free embedded option that a premium will develop.  This was also true of every one of the Queen's Beasts...they were cheaper than other bullion at release, and of course a nice premium did in fact develop.  And if there is never a premium, this coin is not going to be worth less than other of the other coins above.  The other coins will also almost certainly not develop a premium.  So assuming you want exposure to gold or silver, I think these are a great buy.

Edited by Lr103