• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Tudor Beast Lion of England 2022 BU

It more reminds me of the lion in the Wizard of Oz. Not as good as the panther.
It even looks like it has ears like the lion in Oz. That is a bit unfortunate.

Sh*t Lookalikes: Rene Higuita and the cowardly Lion from ...

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Is it another Tudor Beast?

Seems so - this is the beast we were expecting. i think the proof will be different with a mirror finish field rather than the textured finish on this (bullion) one. It might make it look a bit better. i was thinking of getting this in proof as i did with the first but i am not so sure now. To be honest i am disappointed.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Have they even sold the seymour panther as bullion yet ?

It's the start of Tudor King's Bests in BU. So RM just decided to issue first in BU the Lion of England, and in proof it will be issued later. The same about Seymour Panther - it will be issued in BU later :))

its in line with the panther in design so it probably is meant to look a bit cartoonish but i like it and it will look better in proof

if they are bringing out a BU set wouldnt it have been better to start with the Panther?

But i guess the dies are set up for the new one 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

My first gut thought was it's been spliced with a mouse 

i showed this to someone else - said nothing - they looked a while and said it looked a bit comical. Like its back end was from a pig. Do you mean cartoonish i asked. They did.

This really isn't a good response - not the sort of response i wanted to hear if i intended to splash out two and half grand on a proof 1 oz gold. This beast is missing 'fingers and toes' - it really does look like it has the goofy ears off the lion from Oz. It should have pig's ears b/c i think that is what the Royal Mint has made of this coin design. 

Edited by sixgun

36 minutes ago, ak74 said:

It's the start of Tudor King's Bests in BU. So RM just decided to issue first in BU the Lion of England, and in proof it will be issued later. The same about Seymour Panther - it will be issued in BU later :))

People who signed up for the proof series have been notified that the next payment will be taken around 21st February. That's in a week's time. The Mint isn't going to take money if there isn't a coin to send out virtually straightaway. So i am surprised they are showing BU coins when they are presumably sending out proof coins this month. 

"

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

So i am surprised they are showing BU coins when they are presumably sending out proof coins this month. 

Actually I don't see anything strange - Proof and BU series will be issued on their own pace and, as we see, even with different design sequence...

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Is anyone else thinking they might just collect the bullion instead of the proofs now they're confirmed?

Yep, debating going for a set of the 1/4 Oz Au

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

3 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Went onto the RM website - couldn't see anything new for the Lion after waiting in the queue system for the FA Cup.

I knew I wouldn't be buying the FA Cup coin, not even to flip, but I just couldn't resist sitting in the queue 🤣🤣 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Still proofs of the panther available. i would have thought they would have all gone by now. i bet a sizable percentage of the coins have been bought by silver forum members.