• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Tudor Beast Lion of England 2022 BU

All this talk about bullion versions, just had an email from RM customer services. I had asked several days ago about possible bullion releases. The reply from customer services said, ‘ I am sorry I can not confirm anything about bullion releases as we only get informed about them 24 hours before release’!!

Is their office even in the same building?

Just now, Petra said:

All this talk about bullion versions, just had an email from RM customer services. I had asked several days ago about possible bullion releases. The reply from customer services said, ‘ I am sorry I can not confirm anything about bullion releases as we only get informed about them 24 hours before release’!!

Is their office even in the same building?

Last person I spoke to (yesterday) from RM customer services was still wfh.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

On 15/02/2022 at 20:11, Gordy said:

see, now there is where the dilemma stands.... I have got the 2oz continuity plus box, now do i collect all of the bullion now we know its out there and sell my proofs and put the bullion in the box? or keep the proofs and box them and just collect the bullion as a nice set like I did with the QB's... or leave the bullion alone? its a big hmmm??? my choices will be made by Mr McKewan and Mrs Rioja I feel... with a helping hand from Miss 19 Crimes..... 😂🍷

I thought the proofs were more desirable, but am seeing that people talking more about the bullion version,can I ask why. Apologies if this is a silly question. Thanks

1 minute ago, Sharron said:

I thought the proofs were more desirable, but am seeing that people talking more about the bullion version,can I ask why. Apologies if this is a silly question. Thanks

Yeah, proofs are more desirable and are of higher quality and low mintage but with this one they are probably talking about the bullion as it has been released on the same day as the proof which is a bit strange, dont buy the Bullion off the RM though as there are lower prices elsewhere 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Just now, Gordy said:

Yeah, proofs are more desirable and are of higher quality and low mintage but with this one they are probably talking about the bullion as it has been released on the same day as the proof which is a bit strange, dont buy the Bullion off the RM though as there are lower prices elsewhere 

plus to add, it depends on your goals, collecting or stacking or both... the difference in prices for the 2oz proof over the 2oz bullion make people decide on what to collect..2oz's for £185.00 with a cardboard box and capsule or £60.00 ish with just the capsule

1 minute ago, DHD2020 said:

Is there a difference between how the suppliers issue their bullion coins which equates to a lightly higher price from RM? i.e. some come with capsules, others just flips?  

Rms come with capsules as standard....other vendors may or may not.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, DHD2020 said:

Is there a difference between how the suppliers issue their bullion coins which equates to a lightly higher price from RM? i.e. some come with capsules, others just flips?  

They'll buy from the RM in bulk and in tubes, they will then sell them in tubes or caps depending on what you buy, some dealers offer free delivery too

23 minutes ago, Gordy said:

plus to add, it depends on your goals, collecting or stacking or both... the difference in prices for the 2oz proof over the 2oz bullion make people decide on what to collect..2oz's for £185.00 with a cardboard box and capsule or £60.00 ish with just the capsule

OK thanks...I did buy the 1oz proof Seymour Panther.. didnt know the lion came out today..it all gets a bit confusing with the proofs, bullion reverse frosted and whether to buy the 1oz or 2? Which ones are best to collect but guess it comes down to personal preference and funds.

1 minute ago, Sharron said:

OK thanks...I did buy the 1oz proof Seymour Panther.. didnt know the lion came out today..it all gets a bit confusing with the proofs, bullion reverse frosted and whether to buy the 1oz or 2? Which ones are best to collect but guess it comes down to personal preference and funds.

Indeed it does, you can get carried away... A quick plug for myself lol... I have the 2oz Proof Panther for £210.00 plus postage 😂👍

5 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Indeed it does, you can get carried away... A quick plug for myself lol... I have the 2oz Proof Panther for £210.00 plus postage 😂👍

Thanks for the info and offer but funds limited at the moment..I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to buy the Lion...and soon the next Tudor beast will be out.

5 hours ago, Gordy said:

Any idea where one could get those Tudor bullion coins for cheaper than RM? Maybe we should wait a while? Problem is, with all this Ukraine problems the gold price could rise considerably in the near future, so a quick purchase at the RM might be the best option. Just over £410 I think now...

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Any idea where one could get those Tudor bullion coins for cheaper than RM? Maybe we should wait a while? Problem is, with all this Ukraine problems the gold price could rise considerably in the near future, so a quick purchase at the RM might be the best option. Just over £410 I think now...

Been checking all day and bleyer are cheapest but late March delivery, think I'm just going to bite the bullet with rm later.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Been checking all day and bleyer are cheapest but late March delivery, think I'm just going to bite the bullet with rm later.

Thanks. I've also been checking Bleyer, but they seem to be more expensive than the RM with all their bullion coins. Some a lot more, a platinum 1oz Britannia is almost £200 more than the Royal Mint!

11 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Silver ones?

10 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Only if you buy 100!

£425 for a single.

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

Thanks. I've also been checking Bleyer, but they seem to be more expensive than the RM with all their bullion coins. Some a lot more, a platinum 1oz Britannia is almost £200 more than the Royal Mint!

Sorry I was referring to the 1/4 oz gold,bleyer £413 versus RM £425 ....think chards is currently the cheapest for silver, but again pre order.

5 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Silver ones?

The gold 1/4.

Shinus is right, RM it costs £425 for a single coin, whereas Bleyer Bullion is only £413.67 (I just checked).

So it looks like this coin is the only bullion coin that is cheaper at Bleyer... what a coincidence :D

6 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

The gold 1/4.

Shinus is right, RM it costs £425 for a single coin, whereas Bleyer Bullion is only £413.67 (I just checked).

So it looks like this coin is the only bullion coin that is cheaper at Bleyer... what a coincidence :D

plus postage to be added with RM too?

37 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Hmmm lions head on a kittens body. Don’t see these tudor beasts taking off

TBH I think these are your classic marmite coins, they are totally out there as far as being regal but collectors will collect them because that's what they do, i'll collect the 1oz proofs and probably the bullion and flip what I can and if I can only manage a smaller flip premium its still way way better than a bank and I enjoy it but I will also enjoy the set as its all part of the hobby and its what we do.... if I didnt I'd probably spend it on ice cream or mars bars so whats better lol

Also may I add I am not convinced yet either but I think as the set grows the popularity will too so you might end up with FOMO and people will hunt for them like late comers to the QB's

45 minutes ago, Gordy said:

TBH I think these are your classic marmite coins,

I certainly wont be spreading them on my hot buttered crumpets - espically when I was at  harrow beating eton beating them 3 sore buttocks to 4!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454