• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

54 minutes ago, Sharron said:

Well, was in the queue at around 600🙂🙂 managed to get the coin I want in my basket...continued having a browse and phone rang. 15 mins later went to proceed with payment and coin was gone from my basket and no longer available 😬 Got to love the Royal mint😡😡

Back on website now 

1 hour ago, Agaupl said:

A good one? I have the 1oz just should start the run on the 2oz

perfect, untouched if memory serves.

I got it on release

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I relaxed on this one and ordered the 1 oz. and 2 oz. silver from a dealer.  With the 6 hour time difference between the UK and central US, it's just too early for me to fight the queue.  Plus, I have had some bad experiences with the RM in the past where I had a confirmed order and the RM cancelled it for some reason.  So, for coins that I simply must have, I go straight to a dealer.

I actually pre-ordered on Friday, so I knew I would get the coins.

Edited by JeffM

2 minutes ago, JeffM said:

A question for you Royal Mint aficionados: On the RM's web site, what is the difference between "No Longer Available" and "Sold Out"?

Sold out means it's gone for good, not available means some may randomly appear later on.

Even sold out coins may occasionally reappear in very small numbers, particularly if someone has returned a coin months down the line.

I started out collecting the 1 oz. and 2 oz. silver of Henry VII with the firm intention of making a decision as to which one to go with for the rest of my collection.  But, I had a hard time making a decision, so now here I am with a 1 oz. and 2 oz. of each coin.

I found out that the original release of George I in June was delayed because of a packaging issue.  The coin packages are made in Shanghai and the city was virtually shut down due to COVID.  So, the RM had to wait for the packaging to arrive from China before the coin was released for sale.

Not very tempted about this one. Maybe it's the sun that calmed me down. Perhaps it is also the descendants of the Hanoverians that are keeping me away from this issue. Or maybe i just don't like a king with a perm. But somehow i don't much like this coin. I knew it since the first schedule by the mint, this one will be propably the worst coin in the series, but i'm very dissapointed with this boring issue. I call the mint anyway in late September when i'm back in Berlin to ask for a 1 and 2 OZ silver to continue this series and i'm pretty sure, they will have some of them. If not, good for my credit card.

31 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Not very tempted about this one. Maybe it's the sun that calmed me down. Perhaps it is also the descendants of the Hanoverians that are keeping me away from this issue. Or maybe i just don't like a king with a perm. But somehow i don't much like this coin. I knew it since the first schedule by the mint, this one will be propably the worst coin in the series, but i'm very dissapointed with this boring issue. I call the mint anyway in late September when i'm back in Berlin to ask for a 1 and 2 OZ silver to continue this series and i'm pretty sure, they will have some of them. If not, good for my credit card.

Reporting for changing profile picture 😀

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 hours ago, StackerBritt said:

I have a spare James I 1oz silver proof if your still looking?

Thanks, potentially yeah, though I was more interested in swapping the one I have (2oz Henry) for the ones I don't have so there's no more expediture rest of this month.

What price would you be asking for for your spare?

13 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Just got a email that my order is getting ready for despatch 🤷🏻‍♂️Very fast indeed 

Oooh nice. Hope I get that come through soon too as on holiday between 2nd-10th Aug & would really not like for Mr Delivery Man to turn up at my doorstep during that time.

Edited by JTerry3

8 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Oddly I seem to notice someones profile image and know who it is before reading their name.

I can’t be the only one.

I'm the same..which is why change effects me negatively 🤣🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip