• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

On 26/01/2023 at 15:36, SilverJacks said:

They managed to keep it on January schedule, just.

Let's see when they send out the coins. I'm still waiting for my Edward VII 1 & 2 OZ silver from the mint.

On 26/01/2023 at 15:36, SilverJacks said:

They managed to keep it on January schedule, just.

AB17D9F8-D127-4180-8703-CAE3B678E275.png

Is there no more love for the monarchs? Honestly, one of my favourite series. Monday comes the fifth, eagerly awaited by me, issue and there seems to be zero interest here. So far, the mint has not disappointed me with this series. I'm curious to see which coin is the chosen one this time. I have two favourites...

Emery_61.jpg

Emery_60.jpg

I don't think it's that people aren't interested as such. I think there's just been so much material released of late (with the change of monarch) that people can't keep up.

Other stuff is no doubt being prioritised. Of course I could be talking complete nonsense. 😁

This release is one of the highlights of the series for me, appealing to the royalists as well as the coin enthusiasts. 
As @westminstrel has said, RM are struggling to produce right now and many people are tightening up with rising costs.
That said, I expect the affordable silver options to sell out very quickly. I’m also hoping for my 1oz silver economy ticket again 🤞

46 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think it’s also the backlog that’s causing people to lose interest in “keeping up” as the time between release and dispatch is weeks and months now.

This is true,would of thought they'd clear all the backlog first 🤔

2 hours ago, SidS said:

I don't think it's that people aren't interested as such. I think there's just been so much material released of late (with the change of monarch) that people can't keep up.

Other stuff is no doubt being prioritised. Of course I could be talking complete nonsense. 😁

it's worn people out lol 😂 far to much stuff released and on a stupid day just before pay day.

17 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think it’s also the backlog that’s causing people to lose interest in “keeping up” as the time between release and dispatch is weeks and months now.

And also the total number of releases planned. Even if everyone has them all up to this fifth one well still just the 16 more for a completed set... 😃

27 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

My biggest worry about collecting these is that there are so many and at some point you will be let down by the qc department. If you are 15 coins in and you can't get a replacement you are in bother.

Shame really as they are nice, very interesting idea for a collection

I agree.

Additionally, one only has a very rough idea when the Royal Mint will release the next coin in the series. This makes planning one's diary to ensure it's free very tricky. When the Edward VII came out last October, I was booked in for a day surgery appointment. After dropping me off at hospital, my wife got home at around 10.00am with instructions to jump straight onto her lappy and buy the coin I wanted. Unfortunately, she was too late - they were all sold out. Fortunately, a TSF member came to my rescue, and I managed to secure it at the RM price plus delivery. However, next time, I might not be so lucky. 

The flip side to these issues is that those who do manage to collect the complete set will have worked hard to acquire it and will have something really rather special. Well, that's my thinking! 😉

I'm really looking forward to all the other 17 coins, to be honest. But since you always need something to complain about, why isn't there a subscription, like with the Tudor Beasts? Why are there no bullion issues and no 1/4 OZ gold proof coins? Where can I get a box for exactly 21 coins? And I can't shake the feeling that every RM proof coin I want to collect (Monarchs, Tudor Beasts, GE, Britannia) will be released in no time?😫 

And when will i get my edward coins that i ordered over three months ago?🤞🥳

Edited by dikefalos

27 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I'm really looking forward to all the other 17 coins, to be honest. But since you always need something to complain about, why isn't there a subscription, like with the Tudor Beasts? Why are there no bullion issues and no 1/4 OZ gold proof coins? Where can I get a box for exactly 21 coins? And I can't shake the feeling that every RM proof coin I want to collect (Monarchs, Tudor Beasts, GE, Britannia) will be released in no time?😫 

And when will i get my edward coins that i ordered over three months ago?🤞🥳

1/4oz gold would have been a good size for a gold collection of these, the 1oz gold proof over 26 coins and ending in 2026 is a massive outlay and what will a 1oz gold proof be from the RM in 2026 3.7k?  it makes it the best part of a 80k set.      

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

I still need to pay of the last lot of coins lol,releasing to much is starting to backfire on them now.

Also is the 1oz still £95 or in their greed is it now like £120.

What do you think a 1oz silver proof be in 2026?  I'm guessing £200

18 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

1/4oz gold would have been a good size for a gold collection of these, the 1oz gold proof over 26 coins and ending in 2026 is a massive outlay and what will a 1oz gold proof be from the RM in 2026 3.7k?  it makes it the best part of a 80k set.      

If there aren't any milk spots 

34 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

If there aren't any milk spots 

What are the odds of someone collecting the full series of s

On 28/01/2023 at 13:47, dikefalos said:

Let's see when they send out the coins. I'm still waiting for my Edward VII 1 & 2 OZ silver from the mint.

Is there no more love for the monarchs? Honestly, one of my favourite series. Monday comes the fifth, eagerly awaited by me, issue and there seems to be zero interest here. So far, the mint has not disappointed me with this series. I'm curious to see which coin is the chosen one this time. I have two favourites...

Emery_61.jpg

Emery_60.jpg

It will be great to have an  "old copper nose"  with 33% silver. 

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Around 4.5 cans of Heinz veg soup. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, harrygill111 said:

Interesting that they're doing a midday launch for this, I cant remember a post 9pm launch 

The coin looks good, but prices are likely will probably be up for this launch. 

image.png.13d5475ba13d5232f2410408f06421ea.png

I think every coin in this series has had a midday launch, presumably to cater for the US market where it seems popular?