• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Any sneak peaks of it anywhere?  I've had a look at heritage auctions.

The coin depicts George I having dinner with Anne Jessopp.  There is a large bottle of fine wine on the table, and they appear to be quite happy.

On 04/07/2022 at 10:24, paulmerton said:

It also reads GEARS GRIN THAN down the left side, which are the what3words code location for the end of the Kennedy Building at Cambridge University. Nice touches. 

What's this a reference to please?

On 04/07/2022 at 12:07, SlowFrog said:

I wouldn't buy this new collection at spot. Sloppy and amateurish. Looks like they commissioned a 7 year old to have a crack at them. Credit to the British Museum for the photo of the coin on the left and Royal Mint's version on the right. I only spent 2 mins looking but I'm sure there's probably a better condition one they could have referenced.

compare.thumb.jpg.d547a0a7af9952c47b80e3db3c3c6145.jpg

That's a terrible 'replica' :(

If you don't want to queue - I have only 5 left for reservation at the release price of £1185 . If I haven't dealt with you before I will need to take a small deposit, as my allocation is very small on these I don't want anyone who messer's me around. PS : Also I have only 3 left of the £5 BU's which I think this is a small mintage of around 700ish. (please don't quote me on that.) £2635 Release Price. 

😜👍

0800 169 1066

2 minutes ago, CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions said:

If you don't want to queue - I have only 5 left for reservation at the release price of £1185 . If I haven't dealt with you before I will need to take a small deposit, as my allocation is very small on these I don't want anyone who messer's me around. PS : Also I have only 3 left of the £5 BU's which I think this is a small mintage of around 700ish. (please don't quote me on that.) £2635 Release Price. 

😜👍

0800 169 1066

Credit to you, good to see you get a head of the embargo.......Can you get allocations  of other coins before the are allowed to be sold?    

@GoldDiggerDave  Yes, we do pre-orders of the new Proof issues later in the year and have done for 20 years in October. Though I don't normally offer them on here - this is the first time, which hopefully isn't a negative. 😊

18 minutes ago, CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions said:

😜👍

0800 169 1066

Are these prices the offical RM release prices too, if you can reveal that?

Just now, CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions said:

@GoldDiggerDave  Yes, we do pre-orders of the new Proof issues later in the year and have done for 20 years in October. Though I don't normally offer them on here - this is the first time, which hopefully isn't a negative. 😊

Might start using you for a few on the next launch as I don't get any prior confirmation from my RM account manager.  Is the £5 BU matt I can't find this out anywhere. 

@GoldDiggerDave Neither of these issues are out. The Royal Mint have delayed the release. Most dealers get an allocation of new issues or commemoratives (we get a trade discount) within the trade. Though tbh I only normally get the Proof issues. This is the first time I have allocation of these.  I think it will be the Matte finish on the BU £5's, but I also do not have all the details for full confirmation. 

The prices I have given are Release Price

I know it's frustrating to some people that trade get some prior allocation - but it's good that small companies get some allocation rather than just the big companies,  - and in the past I have given part of my trade discount to many.

The allocation I have is small, but I do intend to sell these to customers not trade. 

1 hour ago, CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions said:

Also I have only 3 left of the £5 BU's which I think this is a small mintage of around 700ish. (please don't quote me on that.) £2635 Release Price. 

Last year the RM struggled to sell 350 of the Matte BU £5s, so I would be surprised if the mintage was doubled to 700 this year, but no doubt the Platinum Jubilee one-off design will stimulate additional demand.

15 hours ago, Spanishsilver said:

Coins of the realm  forum sponsors and auction house   
louise is fantastic to deal with 

@CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions

lol spent ages trying to work out COTR,One of them days haha.😂

Always good to preorder,saves the stress of that RM queue.