• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I guess the question is...do we put up with this all the time and going forward receiving the same standards from the RM....Or do we actually do something about it instead of complaining on here about the c**p coins we receive every time a new coin or,series that they produce?????????

I've avoided the RM for the most part for ages,then on my first order in ages you get complete terrible.

It's not even just small marks,It's large dents and just insane marks on so called proof coins.

Well sadly I have to add to this that I received a replacement 1oz Panther today and it’s going back. 😩

A three week wait, which I didn’t mind as I’d rather receive a better coin but it looks like it has some sort of grease marks on the reverse.

A bit like yours in photo one of your post @blackadder I don’t know how to describe other than a mark like a finger print but it isn’t a finger print.

It’s a shame but I’ll be asking for a refund this time. I don’t want to be on first name terms with the ladies in the post office. 🙄

12 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Well sadly I have to add to this that I received a replacement 1oz Panther today and it’s going back. 😩

A three week wait, which I didn’t mind as I’d rather receive a better coin but it looks like it has some sort of grease marks on the reverse.

A bit like yours in photo one of your post @blackadder I don’t know how to describe other than a mark like a finger print but it isn’t a finger print.

It’s a shame but I’ll be asking for a refund this time. I don’t want to be on first name terms with the ladies in the post office. 🙄

I'll try one more time then just ask for a refund :) Think of @272 he's sent 9 back lol.

3 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I'll try one more time then just ask for a refund :) Think of @272 he's sent 9 back lol.

Well my postie said he had poorly labelled parcel (got delayed as a result) for me he was going to deliver tomorrow. If that turns out to be a replacement of the 2ozs I sent back last week it could be 10! 

6 minutes ago, 272 said:

Well my postie said he had poorly labelled parcel (got delayed as a result) for me he was going to deliver tomorrow. If that turns out to be a replacement of the 2ozs I sent back last week it could be 10! 

lol not good is it :) you know we are all just getting other peoples returns right.

7 minutes ago, blackadder said:

lol not good is it :) you know we are all just getting other peoples returns right.

Right.......the RM won't mint any new coins etc..they will just send out the coins that other people who are not happy with and have sent back.... to other clients....🙄

13 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Well the issue numbers are getting higher. I started with ones in the first 100 - I'm now at the 4000+ mark!

Are these milk spots lads one large one and 3-4 smaller ones. 
one of my one oz Tudor proofs. 

Im sending this and the 2oz back this week - is there a limited time period?? 

The colour looks like toning but its just the photo. 
Otherwise spot on!! 

253401850_1598224180525393_8376331443129859773_n.jpeg

254129857_1435552736846542_5827427132341544698_n.jpeg

Edited by Stacktastic

Mine arrived today Have to say the 2oz they sent me looks immaculate. I cannot find any fault with mine but I did say i wanted a good one on the phone becuase many were being sent back!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

21 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Otherwise spot on!! 

It's deff marked and looks like early milkspots 🥺

44 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Otherwise spot on!! 

14 day returns policy for proof / commemorative returns.

I spoke to their customer engagement manager yesterday and they arranged the collection my latest batch of defective 1ozs today.

Apparently if someone returns something more than once because of a defect/quality issue its meant to go straight to the production manager to review and sort out.

But I was told its always best to contact the customer service team if there is a quality issue (which I had) as the returns team doesnt track multiple returns. They just focus on processing each request i.e - replace or refund.

I've been promised an uptodate next Tuesday in terms of next steps. 

Got another set of 2 OZs - just as bad as the previous coins with rash marks, scratches and dents. I've just attached the dents as I can't be bothered to show all the others plus these were the first issues I spotted with my naked eye. So I'm at a total of 11  individual coins returned to date. Is that a forum record (excluding sets of course)? 

1533423230_Dent21591.thumb.jpg.abeddd7b0f59c0360fce963548b75e48.jpg

1914132272_Dent11591.thumb.jpg.798e1f3abdc49820f0456e0e87025843.jpg454250440_dent11686.thumb.jpg.e336b4e42d40d7303ed70e40e20c85cf.jpg

7 minutes ago, 272 said:

Got another set of 2 OZs - just as bad as the previous coins with rash marks, scratches and dents. I've just attached the dents as I can't be bothered to show all the others plus these were the first issues I spotted with my naked eye. So I'm at a total of 11  individual coins returned to date. Is that a forum record (excluding sets of course)? 

1533423230_Dent21591.thumb.jpg.abeddd7b0f59c0360fce963548b75e48.jpg

1914132272_Dent11591.thumb.jpg.798e1f3abdc49820f0456e0e87025843.jpg454250440_dent11686.thumb.jpg.e336b4e42d40d7303ed70e40e20c85cf.jpg

Ahhh this is shambolic now at this stage.

Dare I say, maybe this isn't the series for you😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Ahhh this is shambolic now at this stage.

Dare I say, maybe this isn't the series for you😁

Not in silver at any rate! I already have a call scheduled for Tuesday with their customer engagement manager. so will be interesting to see how they plan to make it up to me.

2 minutes ago, 272 said:

Not in silver at any rate! I already have a call scheduled for Tuesday with their customer engagement manager. so will be interesting to see how they plan to make it up to me.

At this rate, anything less than inviting you into the mint to cast/mint your own is unacceptable 😁

Seriously though they need to step up.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, 272 said:

So I'm at a total of 11  individual coins returned to date. Is that a forum record (excluding sets of course)? 

That is absolutely ridiculous, you get an A* for persistence, RM get a U for useless customer service.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.