• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

13 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I've not heard of a bad gold one yet. The silver on the other hand 😬!! @272 has had a particularly bad run of them! 

I'm tempted but worried I'm worried I'm going to end up with a whole lot of something and not much of anything when this year is over 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Anyone with return experience care to offer an opinion on the following,

I've returned a full sov nearly two weeks ago and never received confirmation of RM receiving ( infact are no longer responding to emails) but when I log into my account it says in my open orders that I placed an order on the 30th November and is now marked as dispatched.

Like I said haven't received any dispatch notice but is it safe to assume that a) I'm actually getting a replacement and b) its likely on it's way or will be soon??

22 minutes ago, James32 said:

I've returned a full sov nearly two weeks ago and never received confirmation of RM receiving ( infact are no longer responding to emails) but when I log into my account it says in my open orders that I placed an order on the 30th November and is now marked as dispatched.

Like I said haven't received any dispatch notice but is it safe to assume that a) I'm actually getting a replacement and b) its likely on it's way or will be soon??

you won't receive a dispatxch note,it will just turn up one day :P if it's marked on your account in the orders as returned/sent etc.

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

you won't receive a dispatxch note,it will just turn up one day :P if it's marked on your account in the orders as returned/sent etc.

You serious?

It's in my account as ordered on the 30th Nov ( no idea when it got marked as dispatched as only logged in today on the off chance)

18 minutes ago, James32 said:

You serious?

It's in my account as ordered on the 30th Nov ( no idea when it got marked as dispatched as only logged in today on the off chance)

On the three returns i did the other day,I got one royal mail tracking/dispatched email etc on the other two i got **** all.

might have just been unlucky lol.

Ò

13 minutes ago, blackadder said:

On the three returns i did the other day,I got one royal mail tracking/dispatched email etc on the other two i got **** all.

might have just been unlucky lol.

RM the gift that keeps on giving😅

3 hours ago, James32 said:

Of all the criticism of them not sending automated acknowledgements, they are pretty good in informing you of the situation if you give them a call. That's what I've found anyway...

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Of all the criticism of them not sending automated acknowledgements, they are pretty good in informing you of the situation if you give them a call. That's what I've found anyway...

Phone calls are so 2019😁

Are any of you noticing that your coins are milk spotting?

I bought two and one is packaged up to be returned in the morning with what I’d describe as ‘pre’ milk spotting. I appreciate that I’m not describing this very well but I’ll try and post photos before I get to the Post Office.

A bit worrying given the premium on the Tudor Beasts. I’m only glad that I didn’t sign up for the full set but I do like this series and I’m interested to see what the rest will bring.

9 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Are any of you noticing that your coins are milk spotting?

I bought two and one is packaged up to be returned in the morning with what I’d describe as ‘pre’ milk spotting. I appreciate that I’m not describing this very well but I’ll try and post photos before I get to the Post Office.

A bit worrying given the premium on the Tudor Beasts. I’m only glad that I didn’t sign up for the full set but I do like this series and I’m interested to see what the rest will bring.

Funny enough I was thinking the same thing this morning, I thought I'll check on some of mine today and it looks like the 1oz ones starting to milk already! Will probably check again in a few days. 

Although maybe milking I still feel the urge of keeping the coins as 1st in the series and free box, possibly very naive I feel im being but the coin looks good still. :(

Hi all,

I’m looking to start a collection in this series. From a (long term) investment point of view, would it be best to collect the 1 or 2oz coins?

I thought these would have been sold out by now but you can still order. Do you think the remaining are the returned orders due to the amount of defects people are receiving.

thanks 

Edited by Rob81

2 hours ago, Rob81 said:

Hi all,

I’m looking to start a collection in this series. From a (long term) investment point of view, would it be best to collect the 1 or 2oz coins?

I thought these would have been sold out by now but you can still order. Do you think the remaining are the returned orders due to the amount of defects people are receiving.

thanks 

The 1/4 gold would be your best investment in these and is still available for the continuity set but is a lot to commit to for 5yrs. If you're looking at the silver then the 2oz silver would be the better option over the 1oz but having said that I have 2 of the 1oz continuity set. 

For my benefit though.... Take the gold set, I need the temptation taken away 🤣🤣🤣!!

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

The 1/4 gold would be your best investment in these and is still available for the continuity set but is a lot to commit to for 5yrs. If you're looking at the silver then the 2oz silver would be the better option over the 1oz but having said that I have 2 of the 1oz continuity set. 

For my benefit though.... Take the gold set, I need the temptation taken away 🤣🤣🤣!!

There's a lot less issues with gold as well as the silver could be prone to milking.

1 hour ago, Rob81 said:

Thanks for the comments all.

I just picked up a 1oz for £84 on eBay.

I want to collect the set and in time sell it to buy gold.

Good strategy and a good price too.

27 minutes ago, James32 said:

Good strategy and a good price too.

Thanks James.

Any tips for stacking gold? Coins vs bars? Buy anything that is low or certain designs etc?

I’m a big bond fan and have my eye on the 1oz bullion bar. Not that I’m expecting it to do that well, I just like it haha

34 minutes ago, Rob81 said:

Thanks James.

Any tips for stacking gold? Coins vs bars? Buy anything that is low or certain designs etc?

I’m a big bond fan and have my eye on the 1oz bullion bar. Not that I’m expecting it to do that well, I just like it haha

For low premium and fast resale gold ( full sovereigns) plus they are CTG free.

Every once in a while treat yourself to a nice coin or bar ( you have to keep it interesting otherwise boredom could kick in)

Always think of resale as much as possible and that will steer you well.

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

For low premium and fast resale gold ( full sovereigns) plus they are CTG free.

Every once in a while treat yourself to a nice coin or bar ( you have to keep it interesting otherwise boredom could kick in)

Always think of resale as much as possible and that will steer you well.

Thanks for that!

2 minutes ago, 272 said:

Just had an update on my 2x2oz panthers. RM agreed they were not up to standard and they will both be restruck. 

Now waiting on feedback for the 1ozs!

That's good news eventually 

24 minutes ago, 272 said:

Just had an update on my 2x2oz panthers. RM agreed they were not up to standard and they will both be restruck. 

Now waiting on feedback for the 1ozs!

Excellent, hopefully they make these ones flawless and you can finally start to enjoy them. You're a lesson in patience and perseverance! 

4 minutes ago, Mario007 said:

is the Seymour Panther the first of the series ?

Yes it is