• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

I got my x2 sovereign sets returned to me on Friday. I had specifically requested that my COAs be returned and was told they would honour this. Anyway, two of the six coins that have come back are in worse state than the ones I sent! So they need to be replaced.

However main annoyance is that, surprise surprise the two sets arrived with different COAs! Head of customer service tells me this is wrong: the sets should have gone into a specific area, so the individual coins could be replaced and then the set itself, with the COA I sent, returned to me! She tells me what has happened is the sets have been processed as returns and she says the COAs have likely been sent to someone else now. She will investigate, though if the COAs can’t be located (which they won’t be!) she said we will have to think of a contingency (perhaps ‘reserving’ me a low COA on a future release). Very disappointed, but then again, it’s the RM so anything that can go wrong, does goes wrong! 

@Yorkshiremanc A damn shame and perhaps a shred of evidence to the widely held feeling that defective returns are being sent out to unsuspecting victims. I do hope that you are adequately compensated.

All completely unsurprising though with the steaming turd of a reputation they seem to have garnered. If you have a spare moment the trustpilot reviews really do make for some entertaining reading material.

8E4F703F-780E-4406-8014-A7ACD5D6E428.jpeg.50ac8bde311d6690c1fc8aa7b0ce8041.jpeg

Edited by Shep

2 minutes ago, Shep said:

@Yorkshiremanc A damn shame and perhaps a shred of evidence to the widely held belief that defective returns are being sent out to unsuspecting victims. I do hope that you are adequately compensated.

All completely unsurprising though with the steaming turd of a reputation they seem to have garnered. If you have a spare moment the trustpilot reviews really do make for some entertaining reading material.

Doesn't look great 😕 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

19 minutes ago, Shep said:

@Yorkshiremanc A damn shame and perhaps a shred of evidence to the widely held belief that defective returns are being sent out to unsuspecting victims. I do hope that you are adequately compensated.

Agreed @Shep. I also fear that defective items have been recycled and sent out! I have expressed to her that my absolute preference would be to have my COAs returned, so if that can’t be done, will have to think of plan B 😔

1 minute ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Agreed @Shep. I also fear that defective items have been recycled and sent out! I have expressed to her that my absolute preference would be to have my COAs returned, so if that can’t be done, will have to think of plan B 😔

For what it's worth I never got my original coa returned....thibk it was low hundreds but received high thousands. 

29 minutes ago, James32 said:

For what it's worth I never got my original coa returned....thibk it was low hundreds but received high thousands. 

Sorry to hear that too James. I wouldn’t be so bothered if I hadn’t specifically had a conversation with her about this, and have email records of her confirming that I would get the exact same ones back! Feels like just another broken promise…what do the RM get right?! 

Just now, Yorkshiremanc said:

Sorry to hear that too James. I wouldn’t be so bothered if I hadn’t specifically had a conversation with her about this, and have email records of her confirming that I would get the exact same ones back! Feels like just another broken promise…what do the RM get right?! 

Yeah I think the line of communication between customer service and the boots on the ground making and packing is non existent!

20 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah I think the line of communication between customer service and the boots on the ground making and packing is non existent!

The absolute rudest thing I had happen to me last year was when I returned some coins by arrangement to be repackaged, and they returned them to me without doing anything to them! Not even a covering letter or anything to say why they did nothing. The only paperwork in it was, ironically, the note I had written that clearly explained who the return was for the attention of, and what needed to be done.

I'm over it now 🤣

10 hours ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

I got my x2 sovereign sets returned to me on Friday. I had specifically requested that my COAs be returned and was told they would honour this. Anyway, two of the six coins that have come back are in worse state than the ones I sent! So they need to be replaced.

However main annoyance is that, surprise surprise the two sets arrived with different COAs! Head of customer service tells me this is wrong: the sets should have gone into a specific area, so the individual coins could be replaced and then the set itself, with the COA I sent, returned to me! She tells me what has happened is the sets have been processed as returns and she says the COAs have likely been sent to someone else now. She will investigate, though if the COAs can’t be located (which they won’t be!) she said we will have to think of a contingency (perhaps ‘reserving’ me a low COA on a future release). Very disappointed, but then again, it’s the RM so anything that can go wrong, does goes wrong! 

Doesn't suprise me as it's the royal mint. I will never buy from them again after the experiences I've had. 

@watchesandwhisky My 4 coin set was dispatched today. Be careful and check your emails. I had to phone up and reverify my card because of the length of time, the authorisation had dropped off. This might be an issue with second engraver coin to I feel. 

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@watchesandwhisky My 4 coin set was dispatched today. Be careful and check your emails. I had to phone up and reverify my card because of the length of time, the authorisation had dropped off. This might be an issue with second engraver coin to I feel. 

Just checked and mine has also moved to closed orders, with a tracking number - no email though. Hopefully they're perfect after this long wait. :) 

3 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Just got an email and text message, both from DHL with details of incoming delivery from Royal Mint. 

DHL....that's posh, least we know its not frosty the snowman 🙂

2 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

Mine is coming via Royal mail. Always does not sure if its because I’m in Scotland.

I’m in Scotland and get DHL for the more expensive orders. We are on the periphery so they use a subcontractor for the last leg of the journey. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

9 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

Cheers for that @FlorinCollector, they arrive tomorrow:) 

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

Everything from my remaining order arrived today - have to say, I am very impressed with the Mint's additional packing.

All coins look good enough (perfect?) to the naked eye. Not gonna spoil them by checking under magnification.

Now to decide whether to grade or not...

Here's my full collection, it does look pretty sweet :) 

coins.thumb.jpg.650bf96621e03a83a4bd1103121e48ca.jpg

🤩🤩🤩 Sure you're finished??

Gowannnn 2 more sound better.

Seriously though that's impressive and I wish all 70s

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Everything from my remaining order arrived today - have to say, I am very impressed with the Mint's additional packing.

All coins look good enough (perfect?) to the naked eye. Not gonna spoil them by checking under magnification.

Now to decide whether to grade or not...

Here's my full collection, it does look pretty sweet :) 

coins.thumb.jpg.650bf96621e03a83a4bd1103121e48ca.jpg

Holy gold trousers batman!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion