• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

3 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

One of your staff members called me today to tell me about a set I had in my wishlist on your website.... I have to say that she was great and offered me an unbelievable price that I couldn't ignore. Needless to say I'm now waiting for my second 3 coin set that I wish I got on release day but didn't. I appreciate your fairness @LawrenceChard

I have the 2014 set in my wishlist, if someone wants to give me a call offering it cheap that would be great😂

So I found a couple little issues. Between the tail and the rim of the quarter sov there's a small thread or something on the coin and on the full sovereign there's a small speck under the unicorns horn. There seems to be small particles on the inside of the capsule as well on it. Is that ok ? 

Royal Mint Loose Capsules Update

The Royal Mint have got back in touch regarding the loose capsule situation.

Let's hope that things improve now they are aware and have taken action.

I just wanted to update you on the actions that we are taking to address the issues you have highlighted below.

A full investigation has taken place and we have identified the root cause relating to the capsule issue, sadly it appears the packaging has caused this problem during delivery.  Our team are now solving the issue to ensure it does not happen again.  We have also reviewed your feedback regarding the QC sticker and further improvements have been identified to mitigate this in future.

I understand how disappointing this situation has been, The Platinum Jubilee is a once in a lifetime occasion and we want to ensure you receive a product of the highest craftsmanship to mark the historic occasion.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Royal Mint Loose Capsules Update

The Royal Mint have got back in touch regarding the loose capsule situation.

Let's hope that things improve now they are aware and have taken action.

I just wanted to update you on the actions that we are taking to address the issues you have highlighted below.

A full investigation has taken place and we have identified the root cause relating to the capsule issue, sadly it appears the packaging has caused this problem during delivery.  Our team are now solving the issue to ensure it does not happen again.  We have also reviewed your feedback regarding the QC sticker and further improvements have been identified to mitigate this in future.

I understand how disappointing this situation has been, The Platinum Jubilee is a once in a lifetime occasion and we want to ensure you receive a product of the highest craftsmanship to mark the historic occasion.

At least now they acknowledge there's an issue and seem to be doing something

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I see it in the first pic but not the second?

Yeah, I sent both to show it hides at certain angles

Just now, Mtaybar said:

I don't think it's much of an issue

Just now, Mtaybar said:

I don't think it's much of an issue

If it reflects light at different angles it may be a mark on coin?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Not sure if this has been confirmed but looks like the bullion will have the coat of arms design 

0343E969-E784-43EC-A0BE-21984522FA62.jpeg

117CA28A-EEA6-43CB-B06E-9BB1EE45C68B.jpeg

https://www.physicalgold.com/2022-gold-sovereign-coin?utm_source=Flowbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Flowbird+campaign+93800&ad_rid=588803642&ad_caid=93800&ad_wid=543843&ad_chid=588770497&ad_sid=2026437439

Edited by Heirlooms

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

1 hour ago, James32 said:

If it reflects light at different angles it may be a mark on coin?

Maybe.... At certain angles it looks like it splits into two so not sure if it's a speck or a dink. Not sure I want to take the capsule off though as these feel like they'll come apart a bit abrupt and send the coin into the air.

27 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Maybe.... At certain angles it looks like it splits into two so not sure if it's a speck or a dink. Not sure I want to take the capsule off though as these feel like they'll come apart a bit abrupt and send the coin into the air.

😅😅 I know what you mean. 

The capsules are either open on arrival or have been closed by a herculean Welsh man.

If it doesn't bother you ,leave it well alone.

30 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I assume you have checked with a loupe?

20 minutes ago, James32 said:

I assume you have checked with a loupe?

Yeah, I have a magnifying glass that stands. It has a 10x and a 15x capability I think. That coupled with the phone zoom and I think all I'm doing is finding minor faults and making them seem worse than they are but I'm no expert. With a 10x and the naked eye they look fab. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Yeah, I have a magnifying glass that stands. It has a 10x and a 15x capability I think. That coupled with the phone zoom and I think all I'm doing is finding minor faults and making them seem worse than they are but I'm no expert. With a 10x and the naked eye they look fab. 

If they there's no flaws at 10x leave we'll enough alone as graders only use bare eyes then 5x to grade. 

I get you're point on finding problems though, as when we go looking for something we tend to find it type thing.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

If they there's no flaws at 10x leave we'll enough alone as graders only use bare eyes then 5x to grade. 

I get you're point on finding problems though, as when we go looking for something we tend to find it type thing.

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Right.... I'm not going to grade mine as I don't like taking them out of their display. I buy them as a whole package so don't want to split them up. I think they'll keep their value as is and I'm happy as they are. 

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Right.... I'm not going to grade mine as I don't like taking them out of their display. I buy them as a whole package so don't want to split them up. I think they'll keep their value as is and I'm happy as they are. 

Then your good to go👍 put away for safe keeping and ask yourself "whatttttts nexxxxxt"

Just now, James32 said:

Then your good to go👍 put away for safe keeping and ask yourself "whatttttts nexxxxxt"

I have no idea lol. I should slow down now and sort out some other stuff. Maybe look forward to the second Tudor beast release and look to get some bullion sovereign's later next year. I'm in no rush for anything else at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, James32 said:

Interesting to know they only use a 5x. It makes sense now though.