• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

3 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Anyone got any predictions on the price of the proof sov??

I made a comment earlier about the price going up and a few will now back out,leaving a better chance of getting one.

Someone pointed out that the price has already be set a while back but what that price is I dont know, seems strange that the royal mint would miss out on extra profit.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’m going to bust out some more embargoed information:

1. The sovereign will be made of 22k gold; and

2. It will be round; and

3. It will have a portrait of QEII on the obverse; and

4. It will inspire madness as a c.£325 gold coin sells for over £600.00 to masses of people who log onto the RM site at 8am and then spend the next hour asking each other whether to ‘hit refresh’ or not; and

5. If you say Beetlejuice three times after selecting for purchase, Beetlejuice will come and steal it from your basket before you have had a chance to check out.

I could also tell you that the mintage for the single sovereign is 8,000 and that the person who ends up with cert no. 2022 will also receive a dinner date at the palace with QEII (subject to security checks) but that would be a load of nonsense. Everything else is, however, totally true. Apart from Beetlejuice. That is also made up. I think.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 fun fact, if you hit the refresh button 3 times Whilst in the queue (the Tudor panther appears and says...the milky bars are on me)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

For any novices on the fence wishing to take the plunge with this, i find there will be little to no downside with this if it follows the same path of the 2017 issue, that just continues to keep nudging north in price.

£6,725 was the price of the last £5 (2017) PF70  sold for.  

Had your bagged the full five coin 2017 set at issue RRP, you'd be in good profit just off this one coin, and still have the £2, full, half and 1/4 in reserve 

If you can bag anything on Mondays launch day, and prepared to hold for 5+ years plus - you'll have very little downside risk IMO  

Thankfully for the larger than normal mintages, hopefully there'll be something for everyone to get :) 

Even if you miss out buying at a little premium from a flipper on fleabay you're still onto a good thing long term 

Good luck me'ducks 

Great advice. 5 coin sets for those wanting to fill their boots will be £4,795.00. As Paul says, that’s a banging investment if the set is looked after and you’re prepared to hold for at least 5 years. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Images of the design will still be under embargo.

Strangely enough, it is possible that the RM are breaking its own embargo by even sending out its e-mail before Monday.

If I had known that, I could have told you Monday 15th November a few weeks ago.

My bet is that there will be more than enough to go around. 

Ladies and Gentleman, the award for ‘The most members quoted by a single member of The Silver Forum’ goes to.................. 😂

@LawrenceChard  🏆

43 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I'd guess around £650. Proofs are normally double the price of bullion aren't they? 

It depends when the prices are set. Gold proof coins are usually a fixed price that doesn't dynamically change depending on the spot price of gold (the hefty premium gives them a lot of safety room!) and the prices would have been set some time ago so other retailers would know what they are. So even though the price of gold has shot up quite a bit over the past week, you could reasonably expect them to be priced a bit less than your guess ;) 

8 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

It depends when the prices are set. Gold proof coins are usually a fixed price that doesn't dynamically change depending on the spot price of gold (the hefty premium gives them a lot of safety room!) and the prices would have been set some time ago so other retailers would know what they are. So even though the price of gold has shot up quite a bit over the past week, you could reasonably expect them to be priced a bit less than your guess ;) 

That's great info...👍👍

34 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Nice info mucker.... Makes sense.👍

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Images of the design will still be under embargo.

Strangely enough, it is possible that the RM are breaking its own embargo by even sending out its e-mail before Monday.

If I had known that, I could have told you Monday 15th November a few weeks ago.

My bet is that there will be more than enough to go around. 

Wow, 29 quotes in one post! That has to be the record.

Are you just showing off because you know how?😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I’m going to bust out some more embargoed information:

1. The sovereign will be made of 22k gold; and

2. It will be round; and

3. It will have a portrait of QEII on the obverse; and

4. It will inspire madness as a c.£325 gold coin sells for over £600.00 to masses of people who log onto the RM site at 8am and then spend the next hour asking each other whether to ‘hit refresh’ or not; and

5. If you say Beetlejuice three times after selecting for purchase, Beetlejuice will come and steal it from your basket before you have had a chance to check out.

I could also tell you that the mintage for the single sovereign is 8,000 and that the person who ends up with cert no. 2022 will also receive a dinner date at the palace with QEII (subject to security checks) but that would be a load of nonsense. Everything else is, however, totally true. Apart from Beetlejuice. That is also made up. I think.

Is Beetlejuice red? 

If so it will match the sovereign colour. 😎

Chards

10 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Two more times. Go on. I dare you.

Gold + Silver..doubt it....Gold + Copper deff...so the 2022 platinum jubilee coin is going to be PINK....🤔🙄🙄😷🙄 I just don't like this copper coloured composition..but guess I will still buy one..the cheapest...1/2 or Full sov..but no sets,piedforts or,£5 sov..I just hate the colour's of these modern sovs....but just my opinion 🙂🙂🙂🙂