• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

8 hours ago, terakris said:

So far this could be the winner of the collection (excluding gold's)

Especially if people start to want a set as time goes by and the next in the series is released. 

I predict the mintage to slightly increase again on the next in the series perhaps the 2oz to 3750/4000 and the gold to 360/410

Not sure about anyone else but the sovereign rarities website won’t even let me register for the auction, when I try to set up an account it just comes up with an error. Being a relatively new auction I do wonder if the prices achieved will reflect the true values. 

12 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

Not sure about anyone else but the sovereign rarities website won’t even let me register for the auction, when I try to set up an account it just comes up with an error. Being a relatively new auction I do wonder if the prices achieved will reflect the true values. 

I just signed up fine.

Try a different browser perhaps.

5 hours ago, sovtsf said:

Cheers I will try using chrome on desktop when in work, I was using safari on iPhone. 

Yep works on chrome on desktop, thats a bad bug SR need to fix as a lot of people are out and about when auctions last for hours and they will loose bids if that doesn't work

On 12/04/2021 at 08:14, terakris said:

IMHO you know its not a 70 grade coin, and most of these would have NCS already im sure but with a raw coin you could take the gamble and get a 70. I dont think there is going to be as much an uplift with these compared to the unas especially with all the 70 grade coins coming out of NGC atm. I wouldn't be surprised if these are selling for sub 1500 in a couple of months.

On the Raw versus 69 graded sometimes its better to travel hopefully than arrive!

On 11/04/2021 at 19:43, MancunianStacker said:

I would have paid £8k for a 10oz last week then the 1kg launched so people are comparing weight and mintages in this space. 

Has anyone seen a 1Kilo in the metal and if so do the Three Graces work well on such a large coin? 

38 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

Has anyone seen a 1Kilo in the metal and if so do the Three Graces work well on such a large coin? 

I’ve got one it’s lovely 👌 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

58 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

Only three left at Britannia Coin Company! I’m sure there were 10 left yesterday 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

4 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Guesses for how much a 67/8 would be worth ?

67 is a really unlucky grade. I have coins 40+ years older than that at higher grades. there are coins 80-90 years older that are that grade so its not a good result for who ever has it. Cant be worth much in that grade i dont think unless someone really doesnt care about the grade and just wants the coin. release price x 2 maybe? I dont think i'd pay a lot for a 67 grade modern coin.

28 minutes ago, terakris said:

67 is a really unlucky grade. I have coins 40+ years older than that at higher grades. there are coins 80-90 years older that are that grade so its not a good result for who ever has it. Cant be worth much in that grade i dont think unless someone really doesnt care about the grade and just wants the coin. release price x 2 maybe? I dont think i'd pay a lot for a 67 grade modern coin.

Ouch! Thats low. Hoping its not mine!

19 hours ago, Ducat916 said:

Wow 67/68 for a 2oz silver Three Graces would be an unwelcome surprise. What would people do if you got one of these low grades?

Sorry @AndrewSL76I quoted your post for the 5oz instead of the 2oz

If I submitted a coin newly minted (received direct from the Royal Mint) and it graded as a PF/PR67 I would of course be disappointed, but I would also treat it as a learning point in my grading experience - the adage 'fail better' springs to mind. 

This may have happened to me a few years ago, but I doubt it would happen now. I have graded enough coins (and failed enough!) to have a very rough idea of whether or not conservation or restoration is necessary. I like to think that I do fail better these days!

I have also held a few 2oz Graces and Unas and you can see the ones that will get a 69/70 and those that won't without conservation (or at all) as a few fingerprints and pesky dust particles are resolvable, but a few scratches are not.

In related new, I today made a big decision in respect of selling or grading a particular coin and have decided to sell it raw. Whilst I think it would grade well and with conservation would definitely get a 69, I am not convinced it could get a 70. So I decided against grading it. I am not sure I would have made that decision a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

If I submitted a coin newly minted (received direct from the Royal Mint) and it graded as a PF/PR67 I would of course be disappointed, but I would also treat it as a learning point in my grading experience - the adage 'fail better' springs to mind. 

This may have happened to me a few years ago, but I doubt it would happen now. I have graded enough coins (and failed enough!) to have a very rough idea of whether or not conservation or restoration is necessary. I like to think that I do fail better these days!

I have also held a few 2oz Graces and Unas and you can see the ones that will get a 69/70 and those that won't without conservation (or at all) as a few fingerprints and pesky dust particles are resolvable, but a few scratches are not.

In related new, I today made a big decision in respect of selling or grading a particular coin and have decided to sell it raw. Whilst I think it would grade well and with conservation would definitely get a 69, I am not convinced it could get a 70. So I decided against grading it. I am not sure I would have made that decision a few years ago. 

That is fantastic advice. The only way to learn is by trial and error. Yes, the errors may cost you financially (or quite a lot in my case), but you definitely live and learn.

if you come out of it with more knowledge or a better understanding of grading, you have gained something that is worth so much more than a few extra quid in the bank.

Do I dare ask what coin you are selling raw? 😁

1 minute ago, ExpatBrian said:

That is fantastic advice. The only way to learn is by trial and error. Yes, the errors may cost you financially (or quite a lot in my case), but you definitely live and learn.

if you come out of it with more knowledge or a better understanding of grading, you have gained something that is worth so much more than a few extra quid in the bank.

Do I dare ask what coin you are selling raw? 😁

Thank you for your kind words.

You can ask me anything you want. I am a total open book. My inner leg measurements have never been a secret. 

It's a 2014 1/4oz Proof Britannia.  

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I think me sending this coin for grading (this is my first time) was me being hasty and inexperienced. I have learnt since without finding out the grade, I should have given it more thought.

The cap was slightly open when it arrived, with dust or other marks on the coin. In hindsight it might be £100 or so wasted. That's no big deal, we live and learn.

Sitting on a 5oz Brittania silver proof that seems in much better condition that I have been considering grading for a few weeks now.