• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

55 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

That’s about right. You’ve really got to look very very hard to find an issue on a 70.

I zoom in to 3.8x (my new phone can go to 6x) on my iPhone video and do a recording and go over both sides slowly then watch it back then recheck areas of concern and tilt the coin. Lighting can make a big difference too.

This coin was graded a 70. I thought it could achieve it and it did. I opted for conservation anyway. If it’s living in a slab forever it might as well look it’s best. I sent it in at £4,650 value, £80 for grading and about £186 for conservation. It’s added value so I’m happy 😊 

Is that two oz? I got a 70 in one ounce and still can’t shift it

53 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

What’s the cut off date for the first release on the 3 graces and if I sent the coin after the date which I’ve found is I think 15th March would it devalue the coin after it’s been graded. 

I hope it doesn’t as those of us who should be getting a restrict won’t have a chance at First Releases

21 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Is that two oz? I got a 70 in one ounce and still can’t shift it

Yes a 2oz. I’m shifting mine after next Bond movie release (hopefully). 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

I have just sent off all 3 bond coins for grading with PCGS. Do you think they’ll see an uptick in demand once the movie is released?

Well I purchased a few James Bond bars so I’m hoping they will be sought after when the movie is released 

5 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

I have just sent off all 3 bond coins for grading with PCGS. Do you think they’ll see an uptick in demand once the movie is released?

Yes mate, I can’t sell my 2ozs now after that pathetic Coin Cabinet auction. I couldn’t get various coins in with them without duplicates and they refused to put coins in. Too many binds yes but they are still very low mintage in 2oz format. I almost bought several it seemed way too cheap. 

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

Yes mate, I can’t sell my 2ozs now after that pathetic Coin Cabinet auction. I couldn’t get various coins in with them without duplicates and they refused to put coins in. Too many binds yes but they are still very low mintage in 2oz format. I almost bought several it seemed way too cheap. 

Been in discussions with The Coin Cabinet over a recent issue. I understand they have been swamped and as a result are now going to be reducing auctions to 1x a month they advised me. 

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Some of the pricing for certain coins just collapsed since the last auction. I purchased a coin that previously sold for 35% more in the previous CC auction in January. I was quite happy about that!

As for the Bond coins... it seems like everyone is trying to get rid of them. But like you said, interest should peak when the movie is released in... well at this rate who knows!

I’m keeping my graded Bonds medium-term now. I’m sure they will stay quite iconic. 🤔 Every movie release generates more interest. Daniel Craig’s last movie now and then onto the new Bond. Aston Martin DB series of models flew up post Craig’s first movie. I’m sure it will have a similar effect on the RM designs.

The issue I have is that when you are putting a coin into an auction below RM release price you only need one bad auction to lose out terribly. It’s great for opportunistic buyers. Who’s putting Bonds into their next auction? I’d be surprised if any did. I’d rather pay a 15% final fee over 10% if I could set a better minimum starting price. If they didn’t feel comfortable with that (putting effort into the listing with a decent starting price) then I guess they don’t feel that comfortable with their own marketing and finding the buyers / creating the demand.

Coins of the Realm are the sellers choice now imho. They need to get into the Japanese market quick though. The buyers are used to the website app. Sellers should not be too greedy also.  If I put my PF70 in for say £5,500, I’d hope for £6,000 or more and hope to get the competitive bids going. Are the Asian market aware of them though?

You want that sweet spot where an auction item starts 20% below the usual hammer price, to secure the deal for the seller (so unlikely to lose out on their investment) but still give the buyer the possibility of a bargain. Maybe Employ a Japanese National or Student living in the UK to develop their Brand in Japan and other Asian countries. What do you think@CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions? Do you advertise abroad in coin magazines, Japanese forums etc? Just some thoughts 💭 

I’m sure this question has been asked before but I really want to get my 3 graces coin graded however with the lockdown restrictions in place I’m unable to drop the coin off in London as I’m about 5 hours drive from the offices of ngc.. what options have I got as I don’t really want to send the coin via special delivery because if it does go missing I’m only covered for the price I paid and that is £250 and not the marketplace value. 
thanks and appreciate any advice 

46 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

I’m sure this question has been asked before but I really want to get my 3 graces coin graded however with the lockdown restrictions in place I’m unable to drop the coin off in London as I’m about 5 hours drive from the offices of ngc.. what options have I got as I don’t really want to send the coin via special delivery because if it does go missing I’m only covered for the price I paid and that is £250 and not the marketplace value. 
thanks and appreciate any advice 

Well I sent mine by SD and put the value down at £2.5k.. so if it came to a claim then it may be a challenge but it made me feel better 🙂

2 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Well I sent mine by SD and put the value down at £2.5k.. so if it came to a claim then it may be a challenge but it made me feel better 🙂

I'll do the same. Im just waiting on a 5oz to arrive, then its off with another batch of coins im grading.

You folks in the UK are lucky. I don’t think there is any easy way to grade coins with NGC from Australia except by mailing them to the US directly.

Drake Sterling only grades with PCGS.

I really like the NGC holders and labels - PCGS somehow looks very sad in comparison.

I guess eventually I’ll have to go with PCGS for some of my silver coins just to protect them in the slabs before they get milk spots.

40 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I don’t think there is any easy way to grade coins with NGC from Australia except by mailing them to the US directly.

you could send them to NGC Hong Kong is that's any better.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 hours ago, Fitness2all said:

Debating between NGC and PCGS. Any output is appreciated. Its for me 2 oz Silver 3G. Somehow they never got my 2oz Gold 3G. A little bitter, but not a lot.    :) Also, are there any special labels of either NGC or PCGS you guys aiming for?  TIA

I'm thinking about sending to PCGS, but should be harder to get a top grading as at NGC. But POP propably much lower. Special Label... i wish i could get one with a 70 on it. 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Does PCGS have special labels or are there just those 90s style blue gradient ones? 

Edit: I found this: https://www.pcgs.com/labels

I saw that but its nothing really special. I sent an email to both NGC and PCGS 2 days ago, asking if there are any special labels for the 3G collection. I have not heard back. Will post, once I hear back. 

Also, I always inspect my own coins before sending with a 30x mag to check. If I think its good to go, then I decide if I want to send in or not. Last time, I sent 3 coins, 2 V75 Silvers and one 24K 1/2 oz Gold and all 3 came back perfect 70s.