• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

6 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Glad i'm not the only on the has decided to return. Mine has arrived back with RM, will be calling today to see what the turnaround time is. 

Did it take 2 days  ? 

Just spoke with RM and my coin has arrived, they think, but can't confirm 😅

Next i asked what the turn around time for inspection and return to me is, and "around about a week" was the answer. Fingers crossed this is a smooth process and i am returned a lovely coin :D 

78av.gif

Ok I sent mine back last Thursday.. it arrived at the mint Friday and its coming back today..... Now here is the thing... apparently they (when the coin was released) didn't produce all the mintage. Its done in runs (even though it wasn't a large mintage) and the one I am getting back is a "new" coin just minted...... Now it raises some very interesting questions and when it is back tomorrow I will be all over it like a wasp on sugar. 

Edited by Rll1288

Ok a question 

the 3 graces 2oz silver is worth about £2,000 right now,  if I get it graded and it comes back 70 graded how much do you think it would be worth ? 
I’m thinking of grading the coin but the stress of getting the coin in the first place and then if I decide to get it graded then there’s more stress of sending it etc.. 

1 minute ago, Alz111 said:

Ok a question 

the 3 graces 2oz silver is worth about £2,000 right now,  if I get it graded and it comes back 70 graded how much do you think it would be worth ? 
I’m thinking of grading the coin but the stress of getting the coin in the first place and then if I decide to get it graded then there’s more stress of sending it etc.. 

Welcome to club stress 

I would say there are 2 well known UK based people who can help 

I have returned  mine but if the replacement is worthy I will be sending mine to @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions they will send this to Ngc to be graded 

It depends what you want to do with yours I think once its with them then it is covered 

8 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Ok a question 

It really isnt that stressful - if you have an NGC account then you can fill in the form, send it to NGC in london and they do the rest. Many people on here grade themselves (me included) so once you get through the form its pretty easy after that. Do it a few times and you end up ticking the boxes you need in your sleep. You could grade through someone on here, there is official forum grading or trusted people on facebook that do this all the time so plenty of options. If it came back a 70, its hard to say what the value would be as no one really knows yet... but if it kinda follows an Una, you could look at 4-6k perhaps, but thats total speculation.

6 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

I have joined the stress club. I returned my coins today, goodness me parting with them was hard.

I had all the assurances that they would be freshly struck coins, and over a 68 grade etc. Not sure I believe them but hey...

Here’s hoping to some 70’s this time round.

I’m sending mine tomorrow 

Finally received my 2oz silver 3 Graces after 2 weeks of waiting.. 

All excited and happy,... until i saw a scratch behind the hair of the left Grace... 😉 Still a very nice coin.. 

i am very surprise though, that the price of the coin is pasted on the package for the deliveryman to see... 

2 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Finally received my 2oz silver 3 Graces after 2 weeks of waiting.. 

All excited and happy,... until i saw a scratch behind the hair of the left Grace... 😉 Still a very nice coin.. 

i am very surprise though, that the price of the coin is pasted on the package for the deliveryman to see... 

I dont remember  mine having a price on do you have a pic obviously blank out address 

13 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

I have joined the stress club. I returned my coins today, goodness me parting with them was hard.

I had all the assurances that they would be freshly struck coins, and over a 68 grade etc. Not sure I believe them but hey...

Here’s hoping to some 70’s this time round.

I'm very surprised they would even mention grades as no one knows what a coin will grade its only a prediction and then theres the transit of the coin. If they remint expect to wait a while for another, I have given up waiting for remints on other coins and have also had worst ones returned.

I think the more people that start saying they want their coins to hit certain grades to RM the more chance they will look to move into selling graded at much higher prices. I have noticed a lot of people seem to be so much worried about really tiny imperfections these days and a lot that I've seen on groups are mostly dust. I'm fussy but a lot I see I would send to grading that people are considering returning.

I'm predicting we see a higher % of 70s this time around compared to the Unas as they have been taking on board feedback and the recent 5oz Eltons show how they have improved since the Queens as one example

4 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

Ok I sent mine back last Thursday.. it arrived at the mint Friday and its coming back today..... Now here is the thing... apparently they (when the coin was released) didn't produce all the mintage. Its done in runs (even though it wasn't a large mintage) and the one I am getting back is a "new" coin just minted...... Now it raises some very interesting questions and when it is back tomorrow I will be all over it like a wasp on sugar. 

Do you think they are just going to shuffle the returns instead of doing the restrike they promised? 

It seems a bit suspect to be bouncing them back so soon.

Edited by AurumArgenti

25 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Has there been any further confirmation that the 10oz and 1kg silver will be dealer exclusives? I know another members AM said they wouldn't be available directly from the mint, but still holding out some hope.

The 10oz are all reserved so i would assume that is the same for the 1kg

Just now, NewCoins said:

Didn't realise the 10oz are already on eBay. Shame the general public didn't get a shot, seems unfair.

Here is one, check how many 3Gs they seem to be selling!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THREE-GRACES-2020-UK-TEN-OUNCE-SILVER-PROOF-COIN-VERY-RARE-PROOF-COIN-10-oz-/324507637844?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

That's unfortunate. I barely understand setting aside an allotment for dealers let alone the entire production. Would have loved a 10oz or 1kg.

1 minute ago, Altitudes said:

That's unfortunate. I barely understand setting aside an allotment for dealers let alone the entire production. Would have loved a 10oz or 1kg.

I have a 10oz una silver bar.

I can only imagine what a 3G coin of that size would be like 😪

39 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

Do you think they are just going to shuffle the returns instead of doing the restrike they promised? 

It seems a bit suspect to be bouncing them back so soon.

Ok this is what I was told.... as I asked the same question as to how come its such a fast turn around.. Apparently when they released the 3G's they only did an initial production run and then orders were fulfilled by that and others as and when they minted them.. My coin went to them on Friday and I have confirmation its coming back tomorrow. Those were them deemed were below a 68 were allocated from the next run of coins and then at the end they will end up with the 3010 mintage as they dispose of the ones returned. If that makes sense

9 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

How on earth did they get that many? That can't be right

9 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Didn't realise the 10oz are already on eBay. Shame the general public didn't get a shot, seems unfair.

Here is one, check how many 3Gs they seem to be selling!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THREE-GRACES-2020-UK-TEN-OUNCE-SILVER-PROOF-COIN-VERY-RARE-PROOF-COIN-10-oz-/324507637844?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

A very shady practice. If the mint are selling some coins to exclusive customers, they should be able to vet them somehow that they are real collectors. Not sure how, however vaguely mind one of the top sports car manufacturers doing something along these lines with an application process etc. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly