• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

4 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

I agree..... it will rise but with opportunities to sell at some good levels and reacquire when it dips...... Stocks took a pounding yesterday...over the next few days it will be interesting on what happens now

100% agree. I think we have a little ways to go before we hit bottom though. But fluctuation is healthy and reassuring and it is good to see a correction.

28 minutes ago, mousefu said:

Ah sorry. I was just joking with you. It just seems that a lot of people seemed really shocked that silver pulled back and it hasn't gone straight up to a ridiculous price. I blame the Youtubers who have have an interest in selling silver and keep coming up with ridiculous prices and anytime the price drops blames manipulation.

I called it - along with a select few others that things would pull back at some point. 

I am very much doubting $100+ silver any time soon. I think $50 is a stretch. Right now $30 seems optimistic!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I called it - along with a select few others that things would pull back at some point. 

I am very much doubting $100+ silver any time soon. I think $50 is a stretch. Right now $30 seems optimistic!

I do think $40 is possible by the end of the year...but for long term gains we will see loads of this type of movement.... i should have gone long of Volatility last week 🙂

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

You did. You have warned people quite a few times. I watch all your videos. You are a great ambassador.

Perhaps $20.50 maybe $20.00......  trouble is...if you look at what happened in March it went from around $18.00 with a $4 premium to around $13 with a $10 premium... so even though we get down there it will be good to see how dealers react with their premiums..... 

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

You certainly did. Can you predict £12-14 silver please ;)

I am missing buying metals Not as fun buying mining stocks. 😛

Edited by Stacktastic

The price and long term trend atm is still positive. It's just falling back into it's original trend

Everything is wobbling atm though, equities, crypto etc

There still seems to be a  world liquidity crisis with dollars; it doesn't matter how many there are if they aren't circulating. I'm not sure if this current wobble is a direct result of that though or something else

Fingers crossed on a crash and a second opportunity like in March silvertrend.thumb.png.f38936433cbb75abcec6967d4324df2a.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

49 minutes ago, Kman said:

The price and long term trend atm is still positive. It's just falling back into it's original trend

There still seems to be a  world liquidity crisis with dollars; it doesn't matter how many there are if they aren't circulating. I'm not sure if this current wobble is a direct result of that though or something else

Fingers crossed on a crash and a second opportunity like in March silvertrend.thumb.png.f38936433cbb75abcec6967d4324df2a.png

I might buy a physical ETF for the short term. Do you think £15 is a good target? Or £17? Probably sell when on the end of the next peak, which should technically be higher than the last one. I would say £23-4 an ounce maybe more spot. Anything over £5 an ounce profit is reasonable I think? I can then reinvest the profit into mining stocks & repeat the process all along the way. Makes sense to me but what do I know, my £5.5k account is -£90 today LOL. 

Edited by Stacktastic

If I had the "bottle".. I would buy a Call out of the money at $60 an ounce, say with maturity 6 months .... dependent on what the premium would be for it... that way I know exactly how much I could lose and then sell it if it started to go that way.... trouble is I am not sure if you can do that in the PM market... In CCY's you could

Edited by Rll1288

On 22/09/2020 at 13:51, Kman said:

my first post! I completely agree with kman. Silver is notoriously volatile and linked to the price of the dollar and the economy. Plus we have a US election in November. Biden is pro reducing co2 emissions and boosting solar panels which helps silver usage. Additionally, silver prices have gone up 50% in recent months so why not a pull back? If equity prices go down margin calls increase and there's a rush to liquidate...my point is there are multiple variables and dont panic if silver us part of a diversified portfolio. 

By the way, if anyone's interested, there's an interesting video conversation on Goldsilver.com (news)....between Mr Maloney, and the chief of First Majestic Silver.

It's a two part video, and is a good ego booster if you're feeling queasy at the moment.

Probably about 50 minutes long all together, so a cup of tea and a biscuit required before commencing !

Edited by lazybones

Big drop on silver again today. My intention while back was to just keep them for the long term. I sold a few bars but thinking of just putting them away for a while and maybe sticking to the original plan of keeping them for a few years.

23 minutes ago, Andysoir said:

Big drop on silver again today. My intention while back was to just keep them for the long term. I sold a few bars but thinking of just putting them away for a while and maybe sticking to the original plan of keeping them for a few years.

Buy every month and buy extra on the dip. The World is too chaotic at the moment for silver to stay down for long. You can only paper over the crack so long before you need to rip it off and do some proper maintenance.

1 hour ago, mousefu said:

I'm hoping for £15 at the end of this month.

I think your about right there. I just wish I had sold my first majestic shares last week as it was minus £50 rather than +£50 now. :(
So much for the huge bull run we were all expecting. I assume that will happen, but not as quickly as I thought anyway. 

I dont have any spare money to invest as i want a 10oz lion of mortimer & some paper silver. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic