• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

To keep things in perspective, we’re back to where we were about 10 trading days ago.

Its going back up and quickly, 2.5% in 10 minutes...to keep things in perspective thats like 20 years of bank account interest...lol.

Edited by DarkChameleon

Asian and oz markets maybe

3 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Its going back up and quickly, 2.5% in 10 minutes...to keep things in perspective thats like 20 years of bank account interest...lol.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 am British summer time Singapore  HK I think only because I know the company I work has offices over there

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

I drew in a new trend line using the bottom of the low today

Could change, but copy/pasting and placing it above it fits very neatly 

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.f88fe2d1ba05ca57eeb79c615c3d1651.jpg

I think it will drop again tomorrow when the western markets get hold of it.

18 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Word on the street is that JP Morgan placed an Open Order (to sell at any price) on the COMEX yesterday, for half of their interest...and that’s why Silver bombed! (See Gregory Mannarino YouTube from yesterday https://youtu.be/0UhSjGgFTkk

Looking like a quick recovery this morning..so far!

But why would they sell half of their interest in silver all at once?

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

Unconventional view I know, maybe its not their silver and its held for client(s), who wanted to take profit?

If you want profit, does it make sense to dump it on the market all at once?

I own physical and do not play the paper game.  The physical price did not budge and Ebay remained unchanged through Tuesday and Wednesday.  People have been shouting from the rooftops for weeks there will be a pullback and those experienced in the game have warned many times that silver is a very small market which makes it very volatile and easily manipulated.

I maybe talking a lot of "£$%^... but the markets at the moment feel like someone is stopping Gold from going above a certain level.. lets say $2100/$2200 because if it does they would have option calls against them which means they would be monumentally short and having to buy in the markets....... I wish I had an up to date chart to see where the resistance level was ... Which would mean Silver has more upwards potential🙂

Edited by Rll1288

On 13/08/2020 at 13:54, Russell said:

I own physical and do not play the paper game.  The physical price did not budge and Ebay remained unchanged through Tuesday and Wednesday.  People have been shouting from the rooftops for weeks there will be a pullback and those experienced in the game have warned many times that silver is a very small market which makes it very volatile and easily manipulated.

I compare it to the US economy, as they start to pump stimulus the prices rise and in the UK as well we can see the Pound raising against the dollar. 

Just now, Robda1986 said:

So how violent do we think this week is going to be? My guess is swings of 30%

IMHO! don't be perturbed by the volatility - just "Let The Trend Be Your Friend"! 😉👍

Added 0 minutes later...

AG-1Y-LG.png

On 12/08/2020 at 09:27, Rll1288 said:

liquidity....

Added 0 minutes later...

maybe they are suffering and needed to take some profits

JP Morgan made declared profits way beyond expectations, 3bn over expected revenue, and will be doing well in a volatile market. So it's not that.

4 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

I'm done buying basically for the year unless the bottom falls out and I've got no plans to sell Its just fun to watch it shift so violently 

Yeah it's a hard year to work out what to do with "savings"/investments. Stocks seem to be up, despite economies suffering; silver has shot up but is now resting on what's probably fair value - but in recent history it has traded at a discount, so do you want to buy more right now?; not the ideal time to start new businesses; cash savings are clearly ridiculous; bond yields are poor and potentially looking at negative real yields; gold is at a high; crypto isn't properly established as an asset class just yet... What do you do?

Crazy times!