• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Cheap energy and technology  is the bedrock of all economic growth.   From inventing a wheelbarrow to hiring some huge bloke to,push it, to,horses, water wheels, coal , oil, gas.  The price of energy and food has always gone down in relation to average income.  In recent times the 70’s oil shock showed what happens when power is expensive.    Fortunat;y technology now means power is an ever decreasing part of the economy.  But for industry it isn’t .

the uk has outsourced its dirty industry to developing world which is quite happily making a fortune from it ..

the uk has had a Covid bed wetting moment and is in thrall to the green machine. 
if you had voted for a Corbo/green coalition you would never in a million years beloved we would end up where we are now ..the Money printing is immense 

I can’t envisage a better time to be buying assets .  Property has already blown up and is hugely leveraged 

PM not so much   I’m liking silver here 

• Founder & Administrator

I have approved the last comment as it was automatically hidden for moderator approval, but ask members to please try to keep discussions about covid etc strictly to the non PM section and use this topic 'Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.' for discussing price action in GBP only.

If you wish to discuss more in-depth underlying political issues etc, please do so in the non PM section, this helps keep the forum tidy. This is especially helpful for those who do not wish to get into political etc discussions, as they can simply ignore the non PM section of the forum. 

If this topic goes off topic, posts may be hidden or moved to the non PM section, this to help keep the forum tidy. We ask that members help to keep the forum tidy for everyone, many thanks for those that do :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

looks like the silver rocket ship is setting off its launch to the moon (again) this week :) 

Copper is currently testing minor resistance from a little pull back over the last few days.  If it breaks through and resumes it's rise, I can see Silver up at £18 very quickly.  But it's in need of a corrective wave soon though.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Interesting video from Kinesis Live from the Vault. Talking about Turkey draining the wholesale silver market. Looks like i will have to take that diving course so i can go down and retrieve all my treasure lost in that tragic boating accident.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

15 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

At the end of Q3, First Majestic Silver refused to sell 1.4 million oz of silver "due to suppressed silver prices":

As sixgun has said time and again to the silver naysayers - those who were losing conviction or never really had it, those who were thinking of cashing out and other assorted delinquents -

It is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of time.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

As sixgun has said time and again to the silver naysayers - those who were losing conviction or never really had it, those who were thinking of cashing out and other assorted delinquents -

It is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of time.

10000000% if you dont belive in it dont buy it people need to look into history more - charts dont lie!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Question - in the Live from the Vault video at 40 seconds, Maguire lifts the 1000 oz bar.
Do you think it weighs 1000 oz. (two monster boxes)?

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Question - in the Live from the Vault video at 40 seconds, Maguire lifts the 1000 oz bar.

I am sceptical that it was a 1000oz (32kg) silver bar. He lifted it so effortlessly which suggest it was something else other than silver. Perhaps an aluminium or a tin bar. But what do I know, Maguire might be a body builder in his spare time ! 😊

3 hours ago, sixgun said:

It does look easy, pallet is set at a nice height... It might have taken dozens of retakes to make it look like that though too 🤔

14 minutes ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

Is only 7.7 milk bottles. He's an old man but even old men can carry  7 bottles of milk

Are your milk bottles made out of solid gold and over 4kg each !? 🙃

The silver bar in question is allegedly one thousand troy ounces or 32.15 kilos. The chap (Andrew Maguire) lifted it so effortlessly.

I once carried a 500oz monster box upstairs and it wasn't as light as he made out on the video. He was lifting the equivalent of two monster boxes.

Edited by Happypanda88

1 hour ago, Happypanda88 said:

Are your milk bottles made out of solid gold and over 4kg each !? 🙃

The silver bar in question is allegedly one thousand troy ounces or 32.15 kilos. The chap (Andrew Maguire) lifted it so effortlessly.

I once carried a 500oz monster box upstairs and it wasn't as light as he made out on the video. He was lifting the equivalent of two monster boxes.

They are my hypothetical milk bottles they can be exactly as big as I want 😅😅😅😂

i watched the way he put the bar down on the pallet. He was being careful not to trap his fingers. The bar was clearly heavy.
These bars vary in weight - a lot more than is generally realised - a bar can weigh as light as 750 ounces. 

I think he is lifting a heavy bar but not a full 1000 oz bar. i have lifted 2 monster boxes at the same time, it was lifting off the ground but i really knew i had them. i suspect they have picked out a low weight bar and put it there for him. They couldn't risk he would drop it and bust his toe or do his back in.

20 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

I am sceptical that it was a 1000oz (32kg) silver bar. He lifted it so effortlessly which suggest it was something else other than silver. Perhaps an aluminium or a tin bar. But what do I know, Maguire might be a body builder in his spare time ! 😊

Have any of the members of this forum visited a gym? I regularly see men and women of all sizes and ages lifting 32kg, even lifting it above their heads 😅

78av.gif

Are we questioning if the Kinesis silver vault is genuine?  Maguire says it's 1000 oz, they're all the same size and shape, though he does seem to lift with ease.  Having just watched an "unboxing" of some 1000oz bars, i'd wager the ones in this video are considerably lighter, and i'd say smaller. 

Edited by Martlet

I like to store my own PM's for the usual variety of reasons, as I suspect most everyone here does, with their own methods of security.

Additionally, the whole Kinesis money / silver debate is thereby irrelevant to me, as I only put my other investment monies into FCA approved firms, and similarly endeavour not to exceed the £85k FCA guarantee. 

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

So who called Silver to end the week higher? 
I called it flat...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

Have any of the members of this forum visited a gym? I regularly see men and women of all sizes and ages lifting 32kg, even lifting it above their heads 😅

32 kg is not heavy in the form of a barbell, Kb or dumbbell. But when its a lump with no handle its quite hard to pick up. 

26 minutes ago, Bars said:

32 kg is not heavy in the form of a barbell, Kb or dumbbell. But when its a lump with no handle its quite hard to pick up. 

A bag of cement at 25kg can be a bit clumsy.  It folds up and requires squeezing etc to support.  A woman at 55kg is harder still because she's floppy and needs containing...  But if she assists by going rigid, it's suddenly much easier to carry her.  The same is true of a dense and rigid object.  Less energy and effort is wasted trying to contain it within your grip and you can lock your fingers below it in a way that doesn't require much strain to maintain.

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

So who called Silver to end the week higher? 
I called it flat...

That would be me!  I'm currently on 5/5 but really not sure about next week... A lot of things have changed and need to be reassessed.  Silver looks like it could do with a corrective wave which quite possibly already started on Friday.  My confidence for next week is much lower but I'll have another look tomorrow.