• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

24 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I was keeping it as a generalisation. It's just how I see it. A lot of hype around PMs and Silver globally, an awakening of sorts. 

However, as you've mentioned it. I use BullionVault for some PM. However I am aware that there is a risk. In an SHTF scenario, there is nothing stopping the Swiss govt. from confiscating all the gold and silver held in country, the US has done it with gold in the past. So to quote a phrase that is oft mentioned by Bix Weir: "If you don't hold it, you don't own it!"

I'd like to think that Switzerland is about the safest place outside of your own home to hold PMs, seeing as they managed to remain unscathed in 2 world wars. I assume that's partly to do with them holding the elites wealth, or a vast amount of it. 

But I could be talking complete b*llocks on that. Just my 2 pence worth. 

As well as the fact that the Swiss have the natural defence of the Alps and still has Conscription of its population. Over 75 percent of Swiss have a weapon of some sort which could mean Millions of people having an ability to kill you if you invaded their country.  As you said the amount of Dirt they have on foreign leaders and their hidden money would negate any chance of an invasion is probably the biggest deterrent. Bullion Vault is allocated isn't it?

Probably going off top, but how safe is Bullion Vault? it is a private company. If for any reason it will get bust, are their customers are still owners of their assets? We are talking about holding PM there for decades, if it comes to treating it as pension pot. I love every silver and hold coin I have (not many, far too little 😅), but with vat and high premium on silver, it's something that tells me something is  not righ.. I know there are private vaults/ duty free storages, where you can inspect yourself.. But minimum to store are big bars.. That's a different level

3 hours ago, John79 said:

Over 75 percent of Swiss have a weapon of some sort which could mean Millions of people having an ability to kill you if you invaded their country.

I have a fire arms licence, but I bet the majority of people I know did not even know they could easily get a shotgun. ;)
Social conditioning & gun crime on media & in films. I dont think of my guns any differently to a tennis racket or gold club but so many people I talk to say 'oh Im scared of guns'. I feel like saying - 'how many knifes have you got in your kitchen, do you keep them in a knife safe?' ;)

I guess they are keen on hunting & field sports - I love Clays & Targe & think its a great skill to have. Looks easy but its very hard. could save my life one day having a knowledge of guns - if in the wilderness, but I may have an angry mob in my garden for some reason. Anything is possible judging by the hysteria this year. I have truly learnt about how weak humans are emotionally in groups although i have always known this in some way. 

I wonder what would happen if that happened in America - they are loopy about guns laws and thier rights. :) 
I think in many states you can have a hand gun in a holster in public. Im very surprised that any major violence over human rights, freedom of speech & also all the controls & laws  they have sneaked in over the last 20 years. The patriot act to name a few. 

Edited by Stacktastic

@John79 - Yes that is correct you can have allocated bars in BV. You need to have 1000 oz or more to be able to request an allocated bar. The serial number is then assigned against your BV nickname I think and it is reported in their daily inventory or something like that. I've read the info on the website a while back.

@pablitto83 - As far as I can tell BV are about the best vaulted service and company in Europe. They have been around a while and are a global company. They state that they hold $3.8 billion for 95,000 users. How much of that can be validated I am not sure. I think they are externally audited. Remember though that you will be taxed on selling if you breach the CGT limit in the UK. The silver that you'd own would be in bar form.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

@Stacktastic - Good to know. I should look into it. I grew up outside the UK and shot guns as a sport. Something my father was into and we, as kids grew up in. It's been a fair while since I shot a gun, but I'm comfortable around them. Indeed it could be a lifesaving skill in an SHTF scenario.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

12 hours ago, Gruff said:

it could be a lifesaving skill in an SHTF scenario.

Yeah although I dont think I would murder anyone, unless mine or my families life was in mortal danger. 
Self defence mma, general fitness a sound mind & use of day to day objects (probable cause) is general better. 
A short blunt object like a crow bar or car nut bar & even pens are fabulous in unexpected circumstances. 

One of the overriding things with is that even we are in an apocalypse the fundamental values in society 
a police, legal system & military will still be intact so at the least you will be imprisoned. 
Looking at this year the population will also be brain washed to think what ever the system wants them to think. 
but you may be shot dead on site or incarcerated - which would happen today if you pull a shotgun on a police officer. 
Worst case you and your family are strung up and shot on the spot - no trial nothing. 

If I had a hit quad on me then thats different, but its very much pre frontal cortex thinking based on all the media, films and other information in (Scarface springs to mind) 
I dont know the probability of that but in rural aUK is next to nothing as im not a drug dealer or someone that wants to peacefully demonstrate in a group of more than 5 persons 😛

Not sure I could live with myself if I killed a burglar and had to watch his family crying in court no matter what a tool he was. :(

Failing that a good knowledge of the law, common sense, critical thinking a resilience not to be
told what to do I think would be the best option for the general public
but I have more chance of persuading Bitcoin owners they own an asset with no fundamental value.

Edited by Stacktastic

10 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Yeah although I dont think I would muder anyone, unless mine or my families life was in mortal danger. 
Self defence mma, general fitness a sound mind & use of day to day objects (probable cause) is general better. 

Not sure I could live with myself if I killed a burglar and had to watch his family crying in court. :(

Well this chat took a strange turn 😂

Down to 15's again I hope - 1225 mark on Polymetal would be ace. 😛
We are getting into a weak couple of months for the mining & spot
but thats kind of gone out the window this year with price fixing and cough-demics. 

Edited by Stacktastic

4 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Does anyone know what’s caused the sudden spike in precious metals?

They've been oversold for a while given the clear indications of inflation.  How prolonged this reaction will be is anyone guess though.  I still stand by my prediction of a rise by the weekly close.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Higher than expected American inflation figures.

Yup up 5.1% CPI in last months figures and the reality is if you looked RPI its even higher and closer reflection of the truth. Transitory inflation is a political sound byte based on a lie, ask anyone who lived in the seventies will tell you this, unless they sadly of the belief that theyve lived in cave, during thise times .

You cant BS a BS'r. People dont learn from history. Inflation is the real black swan here not the energy crisis, not the housing market, they are just all bubbles anyway - again driven by our good friend inflation.... Coming soon its big brother Hyperinflation!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yup up 5.1% CPI in last months figures and the reality is if you looked RPI its even higher and closer reflection of the truth. Transitory inflation is a political sound byte based on a lie, ask anyone who lived in the seventies will tell you this, unless they sadly of the belief that theyve lived in cave, during thise times .

You cant BS a BS'r. People dont learn from history. Inflation is the real black swan here not the energy crisis, not the housing market, they are just all bubbles anyway - again driven by our good friend inflation.... Coming soon its big brother Hyperinflation!

Soon Fiddy-cent will be known as twohundred-billion-dollar :lol:

Just now, Gruff said:

Soon Fiddy-cent will be known as twohundred-billion-dollar :lol:

Lets hope it struck in Silver or Fiddy cent will be worth 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 cent. And he'll be rapping down the local working mens club, with his pants around his ankles or in Kings cross bogs.....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

17 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Seems like moneyweek agree.  Inflation AFTER stripping out food and energy (which are massively up and really really matter) is still running at 4%.

If the fed are using an astronomical timescale when they use the word 'transitory', then they're correct!  But in any normal and practical timescale, this inflation is not transitory.

https://moneyweek.com/economy/inflation/603991/inflation-isnt-transitory-but-what-does-that-mean-for-markets

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Basically my feeling is the genie is out of the bottle, they thought they could control it (or that it wouldn't happen at all) but they were wrong.

Looks like at best a 1970s style stagflation.