• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

9 hours ago, apachebleu said:

How do people see the una and the lions 1oz gold bars performing? They seem sold out everywhere aside from one site looking for 2400 usd. 

Doubt they'll ever come close to the coins but do we reckon these could be a good investment?

I think the bars will do very well. I love how a 1oz gold bar looks and feel. The design is stunning and i think that when the three graces bars come out people will realise that this would be an amazing series to collect and will start collecting.
starting a new trend with the best subject “ The great engravers” was a very smart move from RM. The collectible Gold bars will soon become a trend and then people will be paying higher premium for these bars.

The RM should have minted these bars in proof quality and ofcourse fix their quality issues as most of these bars have knocks and dents as usual 🤦🏻‍♂️
other than that, great series and investment that will do extremely well in the long run.

35 minutes ago, foinikas said:

The RM should have minted these bars in proof quality and ofcourse fix their quality issues as most of these bars have knocks and dents as usual 🤦🏻‍♂️
other than that, great series and investment that will do extremely well in the long run.

Yeah, the finish on the edges of mine are rough but it's a very pretty thing....and that's kind of the problem! My girlfriend has developed a bit of a fixation with it and would love to have it made in to a piece of jewellery, having seen a few speculative prices though and seen what the coins did I can't bring myself to give her it!!

I suppose I should be glad she's not moaning about me buying gold

On 20/11/2019 at 09:08, westminstrel said:

A new teaser video by the Royal Mint is up.

It seems rather random that they would do this iconic design for 2020. I’d have thought they would save something special like this for HM’s platinum jubilee which is literally 2 years away. 

A bit cryptic
"The ... Returns..."

Return of the Pink Panther@ 😎

Chards

• 1 month later...

@Paul and @Frenchie, one for you guys to keep an eye on in the forthcoming London Coins December auction. Lot 572 - 2 oz raw Gold Una 👍

https://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Catalogue&startres=400&searchlot=&category=12&searchtype=3&searchterm=

Edited by silversurf

2 hours ago, silversurf said:

@Paul and @Frenchie, one for you guys to keep an eye on in the forthcoming London Coins December auction. Lot 572 - 2 oz raw Gold Una 👍

https://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Catalogue&startres=400&searchlot=&category=12&searchtype=3&searchterm=

Ooohhhh interesting. First one up in a while.

Much appreciated the shout out :)

fingers crossed, the few and far between sales helping cement a base value in secondary market @Frenchie

2 hours ago, silversurf said:

Wishing you a great day and a better tomorrow

Hello @Paul we both seem to be the "Veterans" who are still owning these beautiful gold Unas here ;) . I hope this auction will be a good gauge of the market price. I also see some gold 3Gs, raw and graded as well. I also hope that 3Gs have found a good price support. Now waiting for the Gothic Crown and hopefully if I am lucky enough to get them,  to shot some beautiful photos of these beauties all together.  

Edited by Frenchie

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pf70+gold&_sacat=11116&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_BIN=1&_sop=3&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

2oz gold Una & Lion sold on eBay 

List price £90,000 sold via "best offer" so cant be 100% sure what it sold for, but probably safe to presume it will probably be not to far away from the list price, even at 10 -15% discount it will still have achieved  £81,000 - £76,500

17 hours ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pf70+gold&_sacat=11116&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_BIN=1&_sop=3&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

List price £90,000 sold via "best offer" so cant be 100% sure what it sold for, but probably safe to presume it will probably be not to far away from the list price, even at 10 -15% discount it will still have achieved  £81,000 - £76,500

How much is a raw 2 Oz gold going for? Is there hope for me to get one? 😬

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

How much is a raw 2 Oz gold going for? Is there hope for me to get one? 😬

Theres a raw one up for auction very soon at London Coins auction that @silversurfkindly highlighted a little while back

See what it makes 

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

Theres a raw one up for auction very soon at London Coins auction that @silversurfkindly highlighted a little while back

See what it makes 

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see where it goes. 

19 hours ago, Paul said:

Wow. If I had one of these, I would be very much struggling not to sell it. Even though its my favourite coin I think.

2 minutes ago, silversurf said:

They release all the auction results tomorrow at about lunchtime on their website. Its a bit of a funny setup with as far as I'm aware no results released on the day.

Many thanks @silversurf will keep an eye out.

Surprised they do not use an online bidding software like AuctionMobilty Coin Cabinet etc use  Missing out on lots of bidders/business/web traffic 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Many thanks @silversurf will keep an eye out.

Surprised they do not use an online bidding software like AuctionMobilty Coin Cabinet etc use  Missing out on lots of bidders/business/web traffic 

I used to go to their auctions in Bracknell before the lurgy closed everything. On the day telephone bidding and emails was about as high tech as it got. Definitely agree they are missing out bid wise but great if you were actually there. Got some real bargains on more than one occasion 👍

2 minutes ago, silversurf said:

@Paul, @Frenchie

Don't forget this, in all the excitement this morning. Add another 17% commission on top. Nice.....

Screenshot_20211206-130848_Chrome.jpg

never had a chance to look at results yet, with Gothic Crown launch thanks for posting @silversurf 

So £40,950 total paid 

That's a little down on the last one that sold at Sovereign Rarities a few months back, which was £50,000 + Buyers premium

But that was a graded PF70

48 minutes ago, silversurf said:

@Paul, @Frenchie

Don't forget this, in all the excitement this morning. Add another 17% commission on top. Nice.....

Screenshot_20211206-130848_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for posting,. As Paul stated, it's a little bit down but the Una seems to perform relatively well with time, even in raw. The 3G seems to have reached a good base price around the £17k mark on the last few auctions.  Not a bad investment for sure.

I have been unfortunate with the Gothic Crown this morning (I only got the 2oz silver) , so I hope that my AM will have some good surprise for me. Does someone has received a call to confirm and pay for the 2oz gold PE ?

Edited by Frenchie

30 minutes ago, silversurf said:

Latest release might just ramp up the interest again. As you know its always going to be in short supply, graded or not but a definite keeper for the time being.

when i have had a good look at the close ups of that London Coin auction Una & Lion, it could be my aging eyes, but it looks to me like the coin isn't in a capsule ? if that is the case, its been handled. may account for the dip in price also the earlier fact i pointed out of lack of online bidding for the sale also not helped the final hammer price 

img.php?a=175&l=572&f=r&s=l

img.php?a=175&l=572&f=o&s=l

1 minute ago, Frenchie said:

so I hope that my AM will have some good surprise for me. Does someone has received a call to confirm and pay your 2oz gold PE ?

2oz gold "plain edge" guaranteed for me verbally over phone, will be contacted later in the week to arrange payment 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

when i have had a good look at the close ups of that London Coin auction Una & Lion, it could be my aging eyes, but it looks to me like the coin isn't in a capsule ? if that is the case, its been handled. may account for the dip in price also the earlier fact i pointed out of lack of online bidding for the sale also not helped the final hammer price 

img.php?a=175&l=572&f=r&s=l

img.php?a=175&l=572&f=o&s=l

The size seems not correct also, like a 5oz. Seems to me to be a generic picture 

Edited by Frenchie

• 9 months later...