• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

Kwasi Kwarteng will have to fall on his sword.

I doubt there will be many people lining up to replace him. Who knows how bad this will get, we are close to parity with the dollar...selfishly I don't mind as I get paid in dollars but there comes a point even that doesn't compensate for a sinking currency.

Worst case scenario the people mocking us for collecting gold will be grateful we did.

16 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I'm not sure ... What other tools do they have? Will they just sit back or hold some sort of emergency meeting and intervention? 

So if you are holding dollars and pounds what would you be buying gold with?

Obviously from my USD (equivalent) account.

I've seen most of the Bond films - including the older Sean Connery ones - but I didn't remember a single scene from Octopussy in that video.  Not one of Eon's more memorable efforts, I'm afraid.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 hours ago,  modofantasma said: 

At what point might BofE step in and do some sort of emergency action to support the £?

This week almost certainly…

39 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Just bought back 21K GBP.

No one can accuse me of not supporting the pound. 🤑

There ya go Happy Panda  sorted it 😂

8 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

touched £1580 3 hours ago GBP in freefall hurray! this is going to give inflation a shot in the arm

I’m feeling pretty smug right now I went to Tavex this afternoon and sold them my 1oz Britannia and American buffalo before it dipped again. 

Edited by Apmex100

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

Do Tavex give spot or over ? I wonder if the price will drop soon as it has in the US.

They paid just under spot.  

Edited by Apmex100

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

Do Tavex give spot or over ? I wonder if the price will drop soon as it has in the US.

It's down to 1522 now.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

6 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Do you not want to keep those and spend the £? 🤔

Watching Bloomberg TV this morning, so analyst think the £GBP will go don to £0.95 to the $ by the year end.  I would spend the £.

Looks like the cons are going to pull a thatcher and bump britain into £50B in debt to give it away to the richest and use the trickle down BS then make the middle class pay tye bill by fuel tax, sales tax and property tax, with a top threshold so the Rick don't pay as much..call it a poll tax.

28 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Looks like the cons are going to pull a thatcher and bump britain into £50B in debt to give it away to the richest and use the trickle down BS then make the middle class pay tye bill by fuel tax, sales tax and property tax, with a top threshold so the Rick don't pay as much..call it a poll tax.

This is false, you might hate Thatcher, but she did not increase the nation's debt that kept going down in her years.

It was first under Major in '92 that the debt started rising again, briefly, towards the end started coming down again and it wasn't until Brown in 2009 that truly spiked, mostly thanks to the creative financing of Blair that created PFI and increased the spending in a way that put the windfall on successive governments.

Edited by LemmyMcGregor

23 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

For a buffalo ? A poor price for a coin which would sell for £1580 on here no ? 

I went to their shop to see them. They paid £1540 and I got the money within the hour, I don’t have any sales feedback on here so it was the best option for me. I’m still in profit as I bought it for a lot less during a dip. 

Edited by Apmex100

3 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

This is false, you might hate Thatcher, but she did not increase the nation's debt that kept going down in her years.

It was first under Major in '92 that the debt started rising again, briefly, towards the end started coming down again and it wasn't until Brown in 2009 that truly spiked, mostly thanks to the creative financing of Blair that created PFI and increased the spending in a way that put the windfall on successive governments.

Agree with that