• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I've bought a few bits and pieces recently so I'm in no rush now. I'm in waiting mode now and Letting the bank recover for a while. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they come back down by the time I'm ready 🤞

No worries :) I completely understand! I have to let my bank account recover a bit too haha :lol: 

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

With gold at 1510 it’s worth looking at other assets relative performance at this point in time to see how they correlate.  I’m not going to dilute this thread too much but I think BTC is becoming a risk on asset not a risk off asset. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

6 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I can’t find any sovereigns 2022 anywhere anyway lol. Half’s and quarters I can but premiums are not as sexy as I would like.  

You can buy now as an emergency situation gold around spot on forum instead three sovereigns. After the price will settle down, sell and buy again what do you want.😊

It’s been a wait!, bought my first just before the ATH then some more including bits and pieces at lower prices. 
think it’s called cost averaging? Anyway finally in profit should I cash in, thanks but no thanks 👍 

been pissed off with the amount of manipulation and suppression  witnessed over the last year in regards to gold price. Hopefully not going to be so easy for them in future? 
time will tell 

4 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Pre 1992 copper coins contain 97% copper so their melt value is actually a fair bit higher than their face value.

At what point do we replace all the pipework in our houses for the plastic stuff. 

24 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Will we see new ATH this week? Maybe...

I'm going to say yes. 

I believe gold has always been suppressed, but it reaches a new level, only when it has to!!  And I think that time is imminent.

If so, the new level I think it will go to is £1,700, and if higher £2,000.

Wow.

I'd still buy at that price, crazy, but I would.  If it hits £2,000 then a new 1oz proof gold coin from RM will be about £3,800 each....ouch!! 

Then watch the bigger players take note and take interest!!

Edited by GoldenGriffin

5 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@GoldenGriffin I think it will make it past ATH as well. Not much good in the world right now. I am still a buyer to. Soon I think it will be half sovs but instead of full sovs.

RM proof prices are going to be heavy. 

I just hope we manage to buy what we want when bigger players start to take note. 

Maybe RM will increase their mintages for collectable coins if demand picks up? 

If it does settle above an ATH, part of me will be sad, as it'll cost me more money, but another part of me will be reassured that I'm buying something that I truly believe in and that will push me through when I'm entering my credit card details, paying £1,000's more for a gold coin!! 🤣

10 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I just hope we manage to buy what we want when bigger players start to take note. 

Maybe RM will increase their mintages for collectable coins if demand picks up? 

If it does settle above an ATH, part of me will be sad, as it'll cost me more money, but another part of me will be reassured that I'm buying something that I truly believe in and that will push me through when I'm entering my credit card details, paying £1,000's more for a gold coin!! 🤣

New RM range 1/20oz gold proofs. We'll all be fighting for them. All we can afford.