• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Do you ever think before you write? I often wonder that when I see your posts.

Regardless of wether you ‘think’ or and I quote in your own words regarding the nuclear plant in Ukraine ‘nothing’s happening’.

You’re like a parasite on this forum, you infiltrate every bl**dy topic as a conspiracy therorist. Give it up and please don’t give up your day job.

Your vile, disgusting comments last year nearly got you reported to the police and I have the screen shots of your comments to prove it.

You know what I mean.

This forum is for discussing PM’s NOT for conspiracy theories like you spout on every thread.

We’re a community here and I see day in and day out your comments of just hatred and conspiracy.

Give it up.

I apologise sincerely to the other members of the forum on the gold £ thread for going off topic.

Beautiful.

Dont worry im up at half 8, not that im looking forward to it. Theres a thing on this forum called an ignore button.

Anyway I can finally go to sleep. No hard feelings, sir.

23 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Beautiful.

Dont worry im up at half 8, not that im looking forward to it. Theres a thing on this forum called an ignore button.

Anyway I can finally go to sleep. No hard feelings, sir.

Please don’t call me “sir” and hard feelings are at the judgement of the recipient of the comment.

Do you really want me to share your vile comments?

Most notably your anti-women comments of a few months ago.

I’m so very sorry to members of this forum, a forum that I like and very much like being a part of. This is so off topic from the £ gold price but comments of hatred must be called out and @Minimalist has many.

Lastly, it’s not beautiful, least of all your comments.

What is beautiful is the community of people here who are here to discuss PM’s.

Edited by Foster88

1 hour ago, Hanz said:

https://moneyweek.com/investments/commodities/gold/603131/how-much-gold-does-china-own

I was sent this article. Interesting. Needs critical thinking. Can't believe everything written. 

Both China and Russia have at least 40 000 tonnes of gold each. They will back some aspect of their currencies. China has a digital yuan. Russia is looking like they will have a digital rouble next year. Gold is being used in trading. The weaponisation of the dollar and Swift looks beyond stupid in those terms. Keep stacking at least you will have some gold b/c the US doesn't have any.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Just now, sixgun said:

Keep stacking at least you will have some gold b/c the US doesn't have any.

Most of us on here have more physical gold than most countries 👍🏻 😂 

Yes keep stacking everyone!!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you own just a 1gram bar,you have more than Canada ! 

Plus most countries are also in Debt, so even with no gold, probably in a better position. 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

8 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Well for starters theres a select amount of banks that have been sanctioned by the West which has caused a liquidity problem, so Putins government is putting in a Gold bill tomorrow to the State Duma to make it mandatory for the removal of 20% VAT on psychical, the existence of Gold holdings at Banks (Which the Russian Government have got) and making gold transactions a normality.

Gold transactions a normality. That tends to be a good indicator of shiznit hitting the fan. See Nazi Germany, Venezuela etc.

14 minutes ago, sjhdesmond said:

Gold transactions a normality. That tends to be a good indicator of shiznit hitting the fan. See Nazi Germany, Venezuela etc.

No it means Russia is sick of being kicked around with sanctions, they like many other nations know what is real money and what is fake. It means the death of the dollar. So it is a good indicator that the shiznits will be hitting the fan for the Empire of Chaos.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Both China and Russia have at least 40 000 tonnes of gold each. They will back some aspect of their currencies. China has a digital yuan. Russia is looking like they will have a digital rouble next year. Gold is being used in trading. The weaponisation of the dollar and Swift looks beyond stupid in those terms. Keep stacking at least you will have some gold b/c the US doesn't have any.

What is your source for those figures? Based on quick search, total worldwide gold reserves of central banks seem to be reported at around 35,000 tonnes, with both Russia and China reportedly holding around 2,000 tonnes each.

Even if Russia held 40,000 tonnes of gold, that's about 9 oz per capita, so less than USD 20,000 per every Russian - that hardly seems like an amount that could change world financial order. Heck, Americans probably hold cars in higher value than Russian gold reserves (and that's taking into account your volumes which seem to be inflated twentyfold).

Russia and China like with most things, keep a veil of secretcy around their gold holdings. The only thing all are in agreement to is they are under declaring what they hold, for obvious reasons I would suggest.

backing your currency with gold , or anything is tangible beats the fiat c**p system we currently have. Unfortunately the states lead this with all the deception it entails. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

3 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

What is your source for those figures? Based on quick search, total worldwide gold reserves of central banks seem to be reported at around 35,000 tonnes, with both Russia and China reportedly holding around 2,000 tonnes each.

Even if Russia held 40,000 tonnes of gold, that's about 9 oz per capita, so less than USD 20,000 per every Russian - that hardly seems like an amount that could change world financial order. Heck, Americans probably hold cars in higher value than Russian gold reserves (and that's taking into account your volumes which seem to be inflated twentyfold).

Andrew Maguire has said on numerous occasions.
Alasdair McCloud has said this about China - that is suggested in the Moneyweek article - Cobble it all together – cumulative production, imports and existing stock – and you arrive at a figure not far off 31,000 tonnes. I’ve spoken to some of the world’s top analysts – Ross Norman, Bron Suchecki and Koos Jansen – and they all arrive at similar estimates. Alasdair McLeod of Goldmoney thinks it is higher still. 
i have heard this from London Paul - he talks about this in this video.

The thing is neither of these countries are going to tell the world how much they have. Think about the land mass of Russia - we know there are lots of mineral deposits and so knowing how much gold Russia is mining inside Russia is impossible. Under the Tsars there were huge gold reserves which according to Paul were never stolen. 

11 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

Oh Lordy Lordy. Most of the world's population treasures gold. Having 9 oz per person in Russia is massive. 
Gold is real money - Do you understand gold? This is enough to blow the world financial order out of the water and into outer space.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Oh Lordy Lordy. Most of the world's population treasures gold. Having 9 oz per person in Russia is massive. 

For what it's worth, Indian households reportedly own 25,000 tonnes of gold. As per your own post in this thread, German households own more than 9,000 tons of gold and in Italy, some 6,418 tons of gold are privately owned. So to put things into perspective, Russia's alleged (and dubious) gold reseves of 40,000 tonnes would still be on par with amount of gold held privately in just India, Germany and Italy...

5 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

For what it's worth, Indian households reportedly own 25,000 tonnes of gold. As per your own post in this thread, German households own more than 9,000 tons of gold and in Italy, some 6,418 tons of gold are privately owned. So to put things into perspective, Russia's alleged (and dubious) gold reseves of 40,000 tonnes would still be on par with amount of gold held privately in just India, Germany and Italy...

Well it is good for those in citizens in Germany etc.
Not sure why you say 'Russia's alleged (and dubious) gold reserves of 40,000 tonnes' - sounds like you want it to be untrue - and if you begrudgingly accepted it is true you are making efforts to downplay this. Sounds like you have an agenda here. There are a number of members on the forum who have some issues - call me paranoid but i suspect some of them as agents - like i had to deal with on my COVID thread. That what's @Minimalist and i think anyway.

Edited by sixgun

9 hours ago, Oldun said:

Fyi, the plant is inoperational. That is all. Will leave speculation to others.

I think there's a lot of mixing up of two different power stations in the news, and a sprinkling of western/Ukrainian spin.  Its sufficient to spook the market however will bounce back Monday when there isnt plumes of radioactive ducts across eastern Europe.

Generally, this war has little effect on most businesses, except the increase in oil price. This looks artifical too, as no one has sanctioned Oil/Gas exports yet.  I saw something the US are looking to do this but they import so little to make no difference.  In such times gold becomes the haven for flight from risk, the lack of significant flight suggests the risks are not that great on deeper analysis. 

32 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Well it is good for those in citizens in Germany etc.
Not sure why you say 'Russia's alleged (and dubious) gold reserves of 40,000 tonnes' - sounds like you want it to be untrue - and if you begrudged accepted it is true you are making efforts to downplay this. Sounds like you have an agenda here. There are a number of members on the forum who have some issues - call me paranoid but i suspect some of them as agents - like i had to deal with on my COVID thread. That what @Minimalist think anyway.

I think it's pretty balanced to have a healthy sense of skepticism. And if you don't have faith in the information coming out of western institutions I don't know why Russian or Chinese figures are any more credible. I think the guy you were replying to was just asking where does the 40k tonnes figure come from?

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

No it means Russia is sick of being kicked around with sanctions, they like many other nations know what is real money and what is fake. It means the death of the dollar. So it is a good indicator that the shiznits will be hitting the fan for the Empire of Chaos.

Sure, that is a valid opinion but it is just an opinion, and I am sure you will make decisions about what you do with your money in line with what you feel is sensible, and those of us who disagree will do different things with our money. I am personally more confident US monetary policy than I am in Russia's.

oh no, Russia has this, china that,people from India this, possibly one of the few times anyone has/ had any idea was when UK decided to sell loads off just at the wrong time. I have 2kg under the bed! No one knows or willing to say… what would we do without speculation??

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

I have 2kg under the bed! No one knows or willing to say… what would we do without speculation??

Sadly all mine is at the bottom of the sea following a tragic boating accident.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Sorry for going off topic 😅 but we are currently at £1467, not that anyone asked. 

Yeah let's go Brandon.

download.gif

10 hours ago, Foster88 said:

This forum is for discussing PM’s NOT for conspiracy theories like you spout on every thread.

This is another thread I will be avoiding.

It's an important point you make. I suspect most people aren't interested in it.

It should be kept the the relevant parts of the forum.