• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

My one arrived today - very pleased with it. Nicer looking coin than I first thought and an absolute bargain at that price. Got my eye on a few items in the Coin Cabinet auction tomorrow but if those go for unreasonable prices I shall order a few more of these. Very much appreciate the original tipoff @TheApe

3 hours ago, Liam84 said:

Sorry if I sound thick but are there any other fees if paying from a UK account because it's in Euros? Shipping came up as 11 Euros so bonus

Yea as above, that's down to how you pay. I used a card that specifically offers no fees for paying in other currencies so basically paid the perfect exchange rate. If you don't have a card like that then check carefully what fees are associated with foreign payments as it may be shocking. You can always sign up for a free account with one of the above to avoid fees.

Postage of €11 sounds about right, depends how many you order. 

On 30/05/2020 at 20:51, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

My one arrived today - very pleased with it. Nicer looking coin than I first thought and an absolute bargain at that price. Got my eye on a few items in the Coin Cabinet auction tomorrow but if those go for unreasonable prices I shall order a few more of these. Very much appreciate the original tipoff @TheApe

Mine haven't arrived yet, did they send you a tracking number at all? On their website under the order tab it says "Complete" but they haven't provided a track number neither replied to my email.

37 minutes ago, Iseg said:

Mine haven't arrived yet, did they send you a tracking number at all? On their website under the order tab it says "Complete" but they haven't provided a track number neither replied to my email.

They don’t provide a tracking number unless you ask for it. They also don’t reply to the online form.

currencyservices@centralbank.ie

If you haven’t already tried it, they do reply to the above email address if you send them an email requesting a tracking number.

Edited by Shep
Typo

2 minutes ago, werewolf said:

I bought 2 ! That's all I could afford at the moment. But still, why is this deal so good ?

They don’t know what they’re selling, if you question them about it they don’t realise it’s a 1/4 Troy oz coin or even what a Troy oz is.

Perhaps because it’s a government commissioned proof commemorative coin the price point is fixed and can’t be changed?

Who knows, all I know is that it’s an excellent buy.

Gold below spot by 3.8% !!

On 20/05/2020 at 16:37, TheApe said:

At 375 euro each, 0.25 oz t per coin and spot taken at 1560 euro. So here's the maths (please correct me if I'm wrong):

375/.25 = 1500 euro per oz t

1500 X 100 / 1560 = 96.2%

100% - 96.15% = 3.8%

I've not included money conversion rates and postage in the calculation. I've just ordered 2, used my Post Office credit card which I don't think charges an exchange percentage and postage to the UK at 13.55 Euro.

image.png.adc8cec2658023912f3d4c54eb0da78d.png

Thank you @TheApe

Edited by Booky586
Bad maths!

2 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

Spot in sterling is currently £1398, so yes, it's £349.50 per 0.25 Oz t

Cheers, I thought they were 9% bellow spot until I attempted to buy one.

51 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

Gold below spot by 9.9% !!

At 375 euro each, 0.25 oz t per coin and spot taken at 1650 euro. So here's the maths (please correct me if I'm wrong):

375/.25 = 1500 euro per oz t

1500 X 100 / 1650 = 90.1%

100% - 90.1% = 9.9%

I've not included money conversion rates and postage in the calculation. I've just ordered 2, used my Post Office credit card which I don't think charges an exchange percentage and postage to the UK at 13.55 Euro.

image.png.adc8cec2658023912f3d4c54eb0da78d.png

Thank you @TheApe

Review of math.

Spot is now 1560 euro/ozt.

Price of the coins is 1500 euro/ozt. 

That is 3,8 % below spot. For a PROOF coin. 

Please update your post.

11 minutes ago, werewolf said:

Please update your post.

Thank you, a little number dyslexia on my part (1650 for 1560). It's still a great deal though, but I can't say my maths is great!

23 minutes ago, Xander said:

Are these definitely 1/4 oz fine gold?

Been through the wringer with this one 100 times over if you see the previous 3-4 pages.

As sure as I’m looking at it now with my own two eyes, yes it’s 100% 1/4 oz fine gold.

Edited by Shep