• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

5 hours ago, PeterPan said:

It is very tempting! What's the fastest way to get a Euro debit card?? 😂

5 hours ago, sovtsf said:

Get revolut really handy for when you go on holiday and as a card in general too

I only saw payment option for visa/Mastercard..

Has anyone bought these using Resolut, Monzo etc? Getting around paying the 2.99% fee.

2 hours ago, Falcon55 said:

I only saw payment option for visa/Mastercard..

Has anyone bought these using Resolut, Monzo etc? Getting around paying the 2.99% fee.

Revolut account debit cards are Visa cards.

Bought a good number of these using it. The account is free and exchanges currency at the interbank exchange rate, which is generally more favourable than the rate a bank would normally offer you as a customer.

Also comes with no fees for the currency exchanges or non sterling transactions.

Shep

Edited by Shep

5 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Out of interest how may would buy this on security market?    I’ve gone the same thing in the past of getting what I think is a nice coin at a good price but when it comes to sell buyers would rather have a sovereign at spot than this.    

With a sovereign you can sell on instantly.

I think you'll have to sit on this for a while unless gold shoots up or you price them right.

this is a proof coin for €375

In my opinion you will not find another proof coin on the planet for that price 

14 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Out of interest how may would buy this on security market?    I’ve gone the same thing in the past of getting what I think is a nice coin at a good price but when it comes to sell buyers would rather have a sovereign at spot than this.    

You mean secondary market?  I'd venture no one, evidenced by lack of any for sale or sold on ebay, and a large stock still available.  These will be sold for weight to dealers and seen as "discount offers" until they are sick of the sight of them and melt them.  More premium from the cases i reckon.

50 minutes ago, Martlet said:

You mean secondary market?  I'd venture no one, evidenced by lack of any for sale or sold on ebay, and a large stock still available.  These will be sold for weight to dealers and seen as "discount offers" until they are sick of the sight of them and melt them.  More premium from the cases i reckon.

One sold on eBay on 9th May for £450 plus postage...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Ireland-50-Euro-Proclamation-of-the-Irish-Republic-Gold-Proof-Coin-rare/293072760124

As discussed previously, the confusion over the weight (on the website) has not done any favours for this coin.

I bought one (at risk) initially, but now that it is confirmed 1/4 toz, I have setup Revolut and will (hopefully) buy many more; less concerned about the proof / resale value, as opposed to being a source of spot price gold. :) 

I think maybe the point with these is that they are spot or under spot price to buy depending on the time of day but they are a pretty, nice quality proof coin so pleasant to look at. You'll always get spot price or slightly under for them so if spot is higher in fiat debt notes when you want to sell than it is now you're 'quids in'. 

Not sure if anyone posted the numista link for this one. I always find it useful.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces99670.html

£343.63 @ cost inc shipping to UK (plus whatever bank fee you end up with for the currency conversion).

£348.93 in gold price based on spot at this current moment.

People are always going to chance a flip on eBay by selling to the uniformed, I've almost slipped up myself. The sight of 'Gold Proof' and a vague understanding that  gold is the thing to have will cause people to pay over the odds. At least this one is pretty, look at some of the fugly fractional gold proofs about especially on eBay and you'll see what I mean...😁

5 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

As discussed previously, the confusion over the weight (on the website) has not done any favours for this coin.

I bought one (at risk) initially, but now that it is confirmed 1/4 toz, I have setup Revolut and will (hopefully) buy many more; less concerned about the proof / resale value, as opposed to being a source of spot price gold. :) 

How easy was it to set up a Revolut account? And as its all online do you get a "digital card" number you can use straight away or have to wait for one in the post? Also confused how you top it up...just a bank transfer from your gbp account with a proper bank...surely that incurs fees? 

Sorry for the questions! 

7 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I actually think there will be a secondary market for these. I’m from Ireland and although the gold/silver stacking community is a lot smaller than the UK it does exist. I have seen a number of people purchase these on the Irish stacking FB pages. It’s also a coin based on a lot of history and may mean more to someone than a generic coin with a date on it. Therefore also appealing to collectors who may buy things because if their story and not just the value of the gold.

Very easy to setup - just entered my phone no. on the website, which forwarded a link to install the app.

I did transfer £10, and had to scan my passport and provide a selfie to unlock the "digital card". I assume I can now use it, haven't tried yet.

6 hours ago, Martlet said:

More premium from the cases i reckon.

That's a very good point which is often overlooked. This isn't just a coin you're buying, but a pretty nice box too! If you took into account the price of the box it's even more of a bargain. Some people even sell the COAs (but that feels a bit suspect). I guess if you buy this coin just for the weight it's worth stripping out the unnecessary baggage and sell it to reduce the £/oz even further. 

2 minutes ago, MANJSK said:

Damn it, just ordered 2 of the Irish proof coins..Now I need to come up with the excuses to the other half. Nervous times 🙂😬

Tell her you want to acknowledge the Irishmen who died during the rebellion.😃

Edited by TheApe

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

1/10 Brits (2020) available at HGM for just over £150.00 each:

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/checkout/buy.aspx?AddOn=False&ProductID=549&Qty=1

Got me three. Not on Darren's website for some reason

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE