• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

38 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Isn't Fourecks that hot sandy continent near the edge of the disc...?

🧙‍♂️

Baird&Co now have a nice selection of Sovereigns for reasonably good premiums. Considering an early Elizabeth II...

If they ever deliver the purchase that is 😂

56 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Isn't Fourecks that hot sandy continent near the edge of the disc...?

🧙‍♂️

Baird&Co now have a nice selection of Sovereigns for reasonably good premiums. Considering an early Elizabeth II...

The pre-decimal Elizabeth’s are very nice. I have a date run of those and a few more besides. Great choice. 

15 hours ago, cinereus said:

Sorry if that wasn't clear. All purchases are at the same time. If we include time anything is possible!

I meant buying in eur vs buying in gbp at the same time of the same day. You can't get more buying in eur which was what they claimed. 

Well, some sites use different exchange rates to protect themselves against big changes.

Just go to chards, quote the price in pounds, and convert to euro. You will get a lower euro price than the site's quotation in euros.

16 minutes ago, dga00 said:

Well, some sites use different exchange rates to protect themselves against big changes.

Just go to chards, quote the price in pounds, and convert to euro. You will get a lower euro price than the site's quotation in euros.

Hm.. You are right. But the thing is you can't go lower than the price + the premium they show. But factoring in THEIR exchange rate, you can end up paying more if you use a different currency than GBP.

Conclusion: With Chards you can pay the premium they state ONLY if you use GBP. Any other currency will incur higher costs. 

In the top right corner you can see the live  true price of gold in different currencies, but if you actually want to add it to the basket, you end up paying more than what you should. 

Example 

I want to buy this: https://www.chards.co.uk/bullion-sovereigns-newly-minted/2321

Premium is 6.5%. A sovereign has 7.3234 g of pure gold.

Gold is 50.82 eur/gram. 7.3234 x 50.82 + 6.5%  = 396.36 euro final price. But they sell it for 405 euro. Bad deal.  

Edited by werewolf

On 14/04/2020 at 10:17, werewolf said:

I want to buy this: https://www.chards.co.uk/bullion-sovereigns-newly-minted/2321

Premium is 6.5%. A sovereign has 7.3234 g of pure gold.

Gold is 50.82 eur/gram. 7.3234 x 50.82 + 6.5%  = 396.36 euro final price. But they sell it for 405 euro. Bad deal.  

If a website is in Germany i would always pay in EUR - if a site were in the UK i would always pay in GBP. i would always exchange the money myself and send it.

The 2020 sovereign at Chards is £340.53 - i can send the £340.53 using transferwise.com and it would cost me 395.38€. Don't use a coin website to exchange your cash.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

If a website is in Germany i would always pay in EUR - if a site were in the UK i would always pay in GBP. i would always exchange the money myself and send it.

The 2020 sovereign at Chards is £340.53 - i can send the £340.53 using transferwise.com and it would cost me 395.38€. Don't use a coin website to exchange your cash.

Would that 395.38 euro be all costs included? 

sorry for thé off topic? 

51 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

Would that 395.38 euro be all costs included? 

sorry for thé off topic? 

i don't know - @werewolf was talking about a price he has seen on Chards website and saying the price in EUR was more expensive that GBP - so i was pointing out he should exchange the money himself with a website like transferwise. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i don't know - werewolf was talking about a price he has seen on Chards website and saying the price in EUR was more expensive that GBP - so i was pointing out he should exchange the money himself with a website like transferwise. 

Édit, @sixgun all cost included from the transferwise platform (do they charge an amount for the exchange)

sorry

Edited by Bxlsteve

7 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

Édit, @sixgun all cost included from the transferwise platform (do they charge an amount for the exchange)

sorry

If you wanted to send £340.53 to a UK dealer at the time i posted the total cost using transferwise.com was 395.38€.

@sixgun absolutely correct. I would pay in GBP at Chards. I was just making a point for the previous argument, regarding the exchange rates and gold price.  I use revolut for my online purchases in whatever currency I need. And happy with it. I havent found anything more advantageous until now. 

7 hours ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Anyone seen any good deals on 1/4 oz gold eagles, brits or QBs?

Baird & Co is the best price for 1/4 oz Eagles I've found from dealers so far tonight (they've become one of my favourites after picking one up from @Jamesd), still with a premium tacked on but not as bad as a lot of other dealers;

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/14oz-gold-american-eagle

They've also got these advertised in stock, something different (as far as commonality goes anyway) and an in between weight. Premium seems reasonable!

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/gold-2-coin

Edited by Liam84
Gramma

4 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Baird & Co is the best price for 1/4 oz Eagles I've found from dealers so far tonight

ATS Bullion and Direct Bullion are both listing 1/4oz Eagles at a better price and in stock, at the moment. Unknown what their delivery / service is like though.

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

Baird & Co is the best price for 1/4 oz Eagles I've found from dealers so far tonight (they've become one of my favourites after picking one up from @Jamesd), still with a premium tacked on but not as bad as a lot of other dealers;

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/14oz-gold-american-eagle

They've also got these advertised in stock, something different (as far as commonality goes anyway) and an in between weight. Premium seems reasonable!

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/gold-2-coin

8 hours ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Anyone seen any good deals on 1/4 oz gold eagles, brits or QBs?

Lads, make your life easier and stop searching! - http://goldprice.eu5.net/

1 hour ago, cinereus said:

If you're asking for good deals it implies a rational reason and a willingness to take lucky dip coins in order to reduce premiums so most of those probably don't apply. 

I am into deals... and some of these reasons apply. 

i am all for the deals in proof sovereign’s. 

For you asking for deals implies a rational reason. For me asking for deals is finding the best way to buy my collectors pieces. 

Edited by Bxlsteve