• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

19 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Opinions please I want to buy a 1 oz coin. Would you suggest a 1 oz Krugerrand or 1 oz Britannia? TIA 👍

Which is cheaper? Both have 1 troy oz of Gold, so unless you like the look of one over the other...

In fairness, if you have the cash, @Troy77's suggestion, of a 50 peso, is spot on!

17 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

Which is cheaper? Both have 1 troy oz of Gold, so unless you like the look of one over the other...

In fairness, if you have the cash, @Troy77's suggestion, of a 50 peso, is spot on!

To be honest I wanted to best value for money. I've seen the Kruggerand is around £10/ troy oz cheaper so not much in it really. 

Just looking at opinions incase I needed to sell on really. 

41 minutes ago, Brucey said:

To be honest I wanted to best value for money. I've seen the Kruggerand is around £10/ troy oz cheaper so not much in it really. 

Just looking at opinions incase I needed to sell on really. 

Yeah the kangaroo best value 😁👍

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

52 minutes ago, Brucey said:

ust looking at opinions incase I needed to sell on really. 

The Britannia is more popular here in the UK than the Krugg. 1 troy oz is 31.1 grams 50 Pesos 37.5 grams. could be more difficult to sell. The 50 Pesos is an impressive coin though, the last time I bought one it was only £1350. I regret selling it.

I would consider Sovereigns.

Edited by Xander

13 minutes ago, Brucey said:

How would CGT effect a kangaroo sorry?

Will definitely consider that. This isn't making it any easier for me now haha! 

Only Uk gold coins are CGT exempt in UK

Edited by Troy77

11 minutes ago, TheApe said:

I have one on order for ages as its coming with Silver. Looking forward to it.

Put a photo up when you get it. Would love to see it! 

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

Only Uk gold coins are CGT exempt in UK

I see. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Brucey said:

How would CGT effect a kangaroo sorry?

Will definitely consider that. This isn't making it any easier for me now haha! 

Don’t forget that CGT is only charged on profits over your allowance.  The current allowance is £12300 so you’d have to sell enough gold in one tax year to make at least £12301 PROFIT before you start getting charged any capital gains tax.

6 hours ago, silvernewbie said:

Gold standard is amazing i bought one last year after @Tn21 recommended!  A krug seems so dull in comparison 

Do you mean the colour of the gold or the coin in general. I'm assuming it's the colour, I really like the Krugerrands. Will get one one day maybe if a 1977 comes up.😁