• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 hour ago, Chrissyblards1 said:

Was it minty? As someone else said? It’s still the most beautiful of coins in my opinion. Be happy to have it in your collection. 👍 it’s bullion not a proof I assume?

Not a proof no

2 minutes ago, Chrissyblards1 said:

Well it can be cleaned but wether it’s worth it is up to you. What did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking?

£1555, took the photos to send to the dealer so tracking info was intentional, but completely slipped my mind when I posted them here. 

It's a little misshapen but managed to remove the spots with an eraser. 

Was my very first Buffalo and it set  my OCD off

37 minutes ago, Algo said:

£1555, took the photos to send to the dealer so tracking info was intentional, but completely slipped my mind when I posted them here. 

It's a little misshapen but managed to remove the spots with an eraser. 

Was my very first Buffalo and it set  my OCD off

That’s a good price. Look after it. They are special. This hobby is addictive. Enjoy. 

10 hours ago, Gruff said:

For what it's worth. I've made several purchases with them, maybe 5 myself and a couple my other has made. On a big order they needed to complete the KYC and so it got held up to complete that, but that is understandable.
Last purchase on Trustly I had issues with that Trustly bit failing, so I then just opted for bank transfer and made the payment, then I check the bank acc. the next morning and I had a debit, then credit from Trustly. 
Anyway, the purchase has been confirmed and all completed. 

I've only purchased new PMs from them and not any second hand/pre-owned stuff. 

That's great feedback @Gruff it helps everyone understand them and the ordering process with them 😀 

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

10 hours ago, lst65 said:

I’ve used Tavex at least a dozen times since December. Excellent customer service, fabulous coins/bullion and never a problem. Far cheaper than many dealers. 

Hi @lst65 thanks so much for the feedback. Its great to hear about the experiences of others when purchasing from coin and bullion dealers. It helps us to decide whether we would like to purchase from them or not 👍

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

4 hours ago, modofantasma said:

First bit of advice take the photo with your tracking code off the forum because anyone could go to Royal mail website and see the GPS coordinates of your address 👍🏼

Some excellent advice from @modofantasma

Keep personal and sensitive info such as address, tracking numbers etc within PM's.

Not saying anyone on the forum is dodgy but anyone could create an account and see your private information, from there all they have to do is decide to pay you a visit in the middle of the night and burglarise your property if you get my meaning?

19 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Some excellent advice from @modofantasma

Keep personal and sensitive info such as address, tracking numbers etc within PM's.

Not saying anyone on the forum is dodgy but anyone could create an account and see your private information, from there all they have to do is decide to pay you a visit in the middle of the night and burglarise your property if you get my meaning?

I would recommend going on holiday with TSF Cruises and take all your precious metals with you.  100% chance of a boating accident 😂

26 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

This thread is public. No membership required to view

That's exactly the point. If the thread is public and sensitive or personal information is posted here,  like an address where you just received precious metals, then anyone can see it. So that would mean a potential burglar could potentially target you.

On 09/07/2022 at 21:33, Fishface220 said:

https://www.atsbullion.com/fractional-gold-coins/quarter-ounce-eagle-gold-coin/#.YsnlwaTTXYU

Didn’t think this was a bad deal at 

1/4oz gold eagle £391 

I received a 2008 coin with no mint mark.

Is Numista pranking me here or did I get lucky? It seems to be worth twice as much as the others! https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces25416.html

8 hours ago, Seasider said:

Not sure if anyone will think this is a deal or not

Buy Gold Sovereign - Queen Elizabeth II Loose Proof (hattongardenmetals.com)

The price moves all the time but supposedly 10% over spot.

The years are 1979, 1980, 2007 and 2008.

None are in capsules so who knows what has happened to them.

They’ll be bullion grade. Best f buying bog standard sov a unless you’re doing a date run.

14 hours ago, Bars said:

They’ll be bullion grade. Best f buying bog standard sov a unless you’re doing a date run.

They are described as "better than bullion".  I did buy one a while ago and it was OK.

Sorry I see they have all gone now.

Edited by Seasider

20 minutes ago, Orpster said:

@James32 

giphy.gif 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

21 hours ago, Orpster said:

interesting.  they had the same 25% off deal back in may - although at a slightly higher price.  wonder why its going again - they discovered a shelf full down the back of the sofa?

is there a rough guide how much extra a proof is to a normal sov?  worth buying another one since other years seem to be £450 min or sticking to normal sovs at £350/360ish?

Edited by bluffer

3 minutes ago, bluffer said:

interesting.  they had the same 25% off deal back in may - although at a slightly higher price.  wonder why its going again - they discovered a shelf full down the back of the sofa?

worth buying another one since other years seem to be £450 min?

I think that coin has had 25% off the whole time, it's just that the price of gold has come down and it follows that despite being a proof. I don't think it ever went out of stock, and they still have 70 left.