• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

38 minutes ago, sg86 said:

I will maybe attempt all numbers for a certain year :)

I'm looking at collating the information for a database, had the idea a few weeks ago but the amount of work is a little daunting, we'll see :)

Go for it, I think the smallest number of die numbers is the sixpence, there are many more for the sovereigns!

A database would be very valuable, I did this for the sixpences trying to record all mentions of each die number (auctions, dealers, Ebay) and get scans of everything so I didn't have to actually buy it! This should be alot easier with photos of coins up for sale/auction now being the norm? In addition to the Bentley Collection, Tony Claytons web page on die numbers would be a good start (not complete though)

8 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

Not sure on the mintage of the Queens Beast ¼ proof.

500 disappeared from the amount available. About six days later the remainder vanished and they became no longer available. Within hours they were sold out everywhere.

2500 is correct on the 1/4 ounce proof.

Just now, Pampfan said:

I will phone them and ask tomorrow.

I live just down the road from the mint they are very cagey regarding this coin. I have two on back order and cant get much sense out of them. Also I know others who are waiting and going by what my friend was told they have been pulled.

28 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

That was the figure but they did not sell the 2500. Sales were very slow then they just went overnight. A bit like the silver proof 95% sold then sold out. Two days later 1200 back in stock.

Maybe they actually did a proper quality check and weren't happy with the condition of the the majority of coins, that and slow sales so they pulled them

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

13 minutes ago, Kman said:

Maybe they actually did a proper quality check and weren't happy with the condition of the the majority of coins, that and slow sales so they pulled them

It’s looking like that is what’s going on. I wonder if they will reappear.

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

It’s looking like that is what’s going on. I wonder if they will reappear.

Does Great Britain have a freedom of information law like we have in the USA?

And here it is..a 2016 999 1/4oz gold proof, mintage 500 and 100 % less than that as some have already been put in necklaces....[emoji33]....an Oldun exclusive [emoji6] Just let those that know let this sink in. Good luck finding this on the RM website.

image.thumb.jpeg.acd303232b2ff108c115cc78f67a7a96.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.6e1e8022d2bafa010fb11d815c0aafb3.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.ba01ea847d7d8e8ee1a0b9a265479483.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.d8ee813bec9cfe4d298c0e115090c9ea.jpeg

Never seen one of them before

1 hour ago, sg86 said:

Are double strikes common? ping @sovereignsteve

small-DSC04954.thumb.JPG.fa93432f5266581d224363c19729b729.JPG

Not uncommon by any means, I have a few.
It can be interesting to see how many consecutive letters or numbers are affected.
I have tried to get my head around how some of them can occur in the way they do but some have me baffled.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, Oldun said:

And here it is..a 2016 999 1/4oz gold proof, mintage 500 and 100 % less than that as some have already been put in necklaces....:o....Good luck finding this on the RM website.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Never mind good luck finding it on the RM site ...I can't even find it on Google..